The objective of the CUMEX – AUIP mobility scholarships is to promote and favor the INTERNATIONAL MOBILITY of professors, researchers, and postgraduate students (master, doctorate, and specialization) between universities and higher education institutions that are members of the Consortium of Mexican Universities (CUMex) (see list of members) and the Ibero-American universities associated with the Ibero-American Postgraduate University Association (AUIP) (see list of associated universities), as an action resulting from the General Collaboration Agreement whose objective is to strengthen the academic, scientific and cultural link between both entities, based on the implementation of institutional projects in the Ibero-American area.
The purpose of these scholarships is to promote stays, which help Ibero-American university cooperation in the field of postgraduate studies and facilitate the consolidation of an “Ibero-American space for higher education”, by universities and higher education institutions that are members of the Consortium of Mexican Universities (CUMex). More specifically, the objectives are:
- Facilitate the mobility of students for the development of postgraduate programs or carry out research related to them.
- Facilitate the realization of academic stays, which contribute to the meeting of academics and researchers, as well as to more effective collaboration between the institutions.
- Encourage the exchange of institutional experiences in the development of postgraduate programs.
- Promote the revision and curricular adjustment of the academic offer around common objectives among the institutions and with the 2030 Agenda and its 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
- Design, project, and launch joint research projects.
Professors and researchers attached to CUMex universities.
Postgraduate students (master’s, doctorate, and specialization) belonging to CUMex member universities.
A number of scholarships and application deadlines.
In this call, 33 scholarships are offered, for stays and trips that begin between April 1 and November 30, 2022.
Initially, the scholarships will be distributed equally among applications from CUMex member universities.
1. Meritorious Autonomous University of Puebla: www.buap.mx
2. Autonomous University of Aguascalientes: www.uaa.mx
3. Autonomous University of Baja California: www.uabc.mx
4. Autonomous University of Campeche: www. uacam.mx
5. Autonomous University of Chiapas: www.unach.mx
6. Autonomous University of Ciudad Juárez: www.uacj.mx
7. Autonomous University of Coahuila: www.uadec.mx
8. Autonomous University of Guerrero: www.uagro .mx
9. Autonomous University of Nuevo León: www.uanl.mx
10. Autonomous University of Querétaro: www.uaq.mx
11. Autonomous University of San Luis Potosí: www.uaslp.mx
12. Autonomous University of Sinaloa: uas. edu.mx
13. Autonomous University of Tamaulipas: www.uat.edu.mx
14. Autonomous University of Tlaxcala: www.uatx.mx
15. Autonomous University of the State of Morelos: www.uaem.mx
16. Autonomous University of Zacatecas: www2.uaz .edu.mx
17. Autonomous University of Carmen: www.unacar.mx
18. Autonomous University of the State of Hidalgo: www.uaeh.edu.mx
19. Autonomous University of the State of Mexico: www.uaemex.mx
20. University of Sciences and Arts of Chiapas: www.unicach.mx
21. University of Colima: www.ucol.mx
22. University of Guadalajara: www.udg.mx
23. Autonomous University of the West: udo.mx
24. University of Quintana Roo: www.uqroo.mx
25. University of Sonora: www.uson.mx
26. Universidad Juárez Autónoma de Tabasco: www.ujat.mx
27. Universidad Juárez del Estado de Durango: www.ujed.mx
28. Universidad Michoacana de San Nicolás de Hidalgo: www.umich.mx
29. Universidad Veracruzana: www.uv .mx
30. Autonomous University of Baja California Sur: www.uabcs.mx
31. University of Guanajuato: www.ugto.mx
32. Technological Institute of Sonora: www.itson.mx
33. Autonomous University of Chihuahua: www.uach. mx
IMPORTANT ASPECTS OF THIS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
- In no case will scholarships be awarded for mobility between Mexican universities.
The home university must be a member of CUMex and be up to date with the obligations indicated in its statutes.
- The host university must be associated with the AUIP and be up to date in the payment of its annual Association fees.
- The stay cannot be less than 15 days.
- Only mobility applications will be accepted, whose trips and stays start between April 1 and November 30, 2022.
- It will be a necessary condition to qualify for the scholarships that the applications are professionals (teachers or researchers) attached to the institution or are directly related to postgraduate studies in any field of knowledge.
- Applicants for grants must make preliminary institutional contacts and agree on the work schedule.
- In the case of the applications referred to in point 5.1, the Selection Committee, taking into account the criteria for the distribution and adaptation of the scholarships awarded to the interests of the participating universities, on an exceptional basis, may modify the final amount of the scholarships requested in condition 5.1.
- You cannot request more than one scholarship per person.
What benefits do the CUMEX – AUIP mobility grants offer?
The scholarships have a maximum endowment of 3,000 dollars (US $) that will be distributed as follows:
1. Up to a maximum of 1,400 dollars (US $) for international travel.
2. Up to a maximum of 1,600 dollars (US $) for expenses of stay, at a rate of 800 dollars (US $) for each period of stay of 15 days.
Deadline to apply: February 28, 2022, until 23:59 hours (GMT / UTC -06: 00) Mexico