Through innovative doctoral research that is co-funded by Flinders University and the South Australian Commission for Excellence and Innovation in Health, the Australian healthcare system can be significantly improved. The Commission is the government organisation in South Australia that is responsible for driving innovation within the healthcare industry. This indicates that the applicant will acquire academic and health service experience, while at the same time conducting research that has direct connection to the actual practice of providing medical treatment in the real world. Receive a tax-free scholarship in the amount of $28,854 per year (2022 full-time rate, adjusted annually) for a period of up to 3.5 years. During your time spent interning with the Commission for Excellence and Innovation in Health, put your abilities in research to good use.
A PhD Enterprise Scholarship is currently being offered by Flinders University in collaboration with the Commission for Excellence and Innovation in Health in South Australia. The purpose of this scholarship is to fund research on economic frameworks that promote innovation in local health service settings. Local health services are frequently preoccupied with only surviving rather than thriving, and there is limited capability available to develop and implement procedures that promote innovation. The purpose of this project is to investigate the incentives and supports related to the prioritization, creation, appraisal, and implementation of health care innovations in local health service contexts. The research will involve clinicians, consumers, and health service managers..
About the Scholarship:
The academic and professional development of its students are top priorities for Flinders University. You’ll need to exert extra effort if you want to make a real impact at Flinders. Every tool needed is available at the school. Australia’s Flinders University is a model of the contemporary research institution, with its emphasis on student autonomy, interdisciplinary study, and professional development. At Flinders, you’ll have access to state-of-the-art classroom resources and study among peers who will both challenge and inspire you. Innovative and entrepreneurial thinking can revolutionize a sector. We value your hard work since the future of Flinders University depends on it. The post-graduate employment prospects in Australia are fantastic.
To ease the transition from student to earning, we’ve built professional placement opportunities, industry projects, and mentoring programs into our degree programs. The world’s 271st best university is Flinders University, which ranks 43rd in Asia and the Pacific (THE World University Rankings 2020). Going forward, we must broaden our international influence by forming partnerships with academic institutions throughout the world and staying engaged with the business and industrial sectors, local communities, and the entire planet.
Your future is bright with a degree from Flinders University behind you. Internship opportunities are available to students at Flinders University thanks to the school’s close relationships with major corporations including CISCO and BAE Systems. Students at Flinders University’s Bedford Park campus have easy access to the city’s best restaurants, bars, and nightlife as well as the core business district and beautiful beaches. The cost of the Student Hub and Plaza is estimated at $63 million. There will be state-of-the-art research facilities, as well as entertainment, retail, and other conveniences, in Flinders Village. Because of its correlation with student success, Flinders University highly appreciates student support.
The cities of Flinders and Adelaide, Australia, host a number of international programs and events aimed at easing the transition to college for high school students. From the time you first arrive on campus until the time you graduate, you will have access to our international student services. The satisfaction of our international students with our student support services is a testament to our commitment to meeting their needs. Our on-campus teaching hospital will have easy access to a new train line and station as part of the 2020 Flinders Village development. Students, businesses, and the general public will all benefit from the time and money savings. The main campus of Flinders University is located in Bedford Park, a neighborhood of Adelaide about 12 kilometers south of the city center. The house’s prime location, overlooking both the city and the water, increases its value significantly.
Contemporary structures sit on landscaped grounds that feature Australian native plants and a lake. Bedford Park, the location of Flinders University, provides a beautiful and functional campus that is conducive to learning. Adelaide has been voted as one of the most affordable and best places to live in the world. Parks and open areas, a multicultural population, excellent dining options, and close proximity to acclaimed wineries all contribute to the city’s success (Global Liveability Study 2016). Flinders provides students with emotional and academic support. This is carried out in an effort to infuse a sense of humor into the learning process.
High-quality food and retail services, health and wellness resources, student subsidies, career and financial counseling, and a plethora of social activities are just some of the ways in which Flinders University strives to improve the quality of life for its students. In 2020, the Flinders Train Station will open, linking the main campus of the university with the Tonsley innovation zone and the city center of Adelaide. Flinders Village will feature cafes, shops, and restaurants in addition to research facilities and student housing.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Flinders University
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $28,854
Scholarship Type: Masters
Nationality: International Students
- This PhD Enterprise Scholarship provides the following benefits:
- Up to three and a half years of tax-free earnings of up to $28,854 per year (2022 full-time rate, adjusted annually)
- Access to the experience of both academia and industry through collaborative supervision
- An encouraging atmosphere in which to acquire cutting-edge research techniques and develop into an authority in your field
- The possibility of managing a difficult research project and coming up with creative solutions to difficult problems
- A forum for collaborative research in which you can improve your abilities and expand your professional network in order to advance your research career.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- You will need to meet the following requirements to be considered for a PhD Enterprise Scholarship:
- to either be a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, to be a permanent resident of Australia, or to either hold a relevant international visa or be able to apply for one; and both of these requirements must be met.
- meet the requirements for admission to the PhD program at Flinders University, which include having an Australian Honors degree of Class 1 or 2A, an equivalent qualification that is at least AQF Level 8, or evidence of equivalent research experience in the form of refereed publications or significant experience as a lead researcher; and
- are entitled to begin studies at Flinders University for a doctoral degree on a full-time basis beginning in semester 1, 2022
- Any additional eligibility requirements that are pertinent to the business partner or research project (e.g., have or able to apply for a National Police Criminal History Check)
- Additionally, it is highly desirable for applicants to have:
- Experience in quantitative data analysis
- Having interactions with many stakeholders
- Acquiring knowledge of the health care system in Australia
Students from Zambia who are interested in pursuing their engineering education in Ireland for a Master’s degree during the academic year 2023-2024 can apply for financial assistance through the Frank Ferguson Fellowship, which was established in collaboration with the Engineering Institution of Zambia and the Irish Government. This fellowship will be available to students who meet the eligibility requirements.
The Flinders University 2022 PhD Enterprise Scholarship: Health Economics/Health Systems Research is open to all International Students
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To apply to Flinders University, please visit their website at www.flinders.edu.au.
- After you have finished filling out the Higher Degree by Research Scholarship Application Form, you should send it along with any supporting evidence to Professor Jon Karnon by email at the following address: email@example.com.
- Please feel free to get in touch with Professor Jon Karnon via email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding this enticing scholarship opportunity.
- It is important to remember that in order to earn the scholarship, prospective scholarship applicants must also submit an application to Flinders University for HDR candidacy and be accepted to the program there. Applying for a Higher Degree Through Research provides further information, which can be found here.
The application deadline for the Flinders University 2022 PhD Enterprise Scholarship: Health Economics/Health Systems Research Is August 31, 2022