The Flinders International Research Scholarship (FIPRS) offered by Flinders University in Australia encourages international postgraduate students to fulfill their higher education and be awarded one of the most prestigious scholarships offered for international students for the academic year of 2023-2024. The scholarship wil be covering the student’s tuition fee and living stipends to help them focus on their academics and reach their education and professional goals.
The scholarship has a very limited number of awardees for international students, 5 scholarships are awarded in the academic year of 2022 and because of its limited number of scholarships, every round of application is highly competitive. The Flinders International Research Scholarship (FIPRS) will be awarded to students who can demonstrate their outstanding academic merits, aptitude for independent research, academic research, performance, and indicators.
The scholarship will be tenable for three years intended for the research Doctoral degree and two years for the Research Master’s degree. The successful candidates will be required to undertake full-time study and must be freshman students in Australia for a higher degree in research.
Keep in mind that the applicants from the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship will be automatically considered for the Flinders International Research Scholarship (FIPRS)
Scholarship Provider: Flinders University
About the University
For more than 50 years, Flinders has been a focal point of motivating accomplishment: from research and greatness in teaching to the positive effect the university has in the communities they serve. Motivation prompts innovation. Yet, innovation is something other than a popular expression at Flinders.
The university’s mission is to change lives and with a vision to be recognized internationally as one of the world’s leaders in education and research, and a source of Australia’s most promising graduates. Research and innovative undertaking have been at the center of Flinders University’s character since its origin.
Flinders University has delighted in significant development lately, and they are well en route to conveying the aggressive focuses of our Brilliant course of action, Having an Effect – The 2025 Plan. The university’s present plan is to expand in prosperity through the making of Flinders Village, empowering future development and giving an extraordinary grounds insight into a worldwide serious region.
Flinders University was established upon a striking, future-centered vision. This plan denotes the following momentous move toward the journey to becoming one of the most imaginative, inventive, and energetic university grounds anyplace in the world.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Number of Awards: Five
- Scholarship Duration: Up to three years with possible extensions
- Scholarship Value: $28,854
- Fields: Higher Degree Research
- Selection Basis: Academic Merit
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application the students must meet the criteria for the scholarship.
- The applicants must be a citizen of any international country.
- The international applicants must not be holding Australian citizenship, permanent resident status, and New Zealand citizenship.
- The applicants must plan to start full-time study for a higher degree by research in Australia interestingly, in the year for which the award is to advertise. Students who started their higher degree by research in the earlier year however who, because of the planning of their application for confirmation and ensuing enrolment, couldn’t matter for a FIPRS in that year, or, started a higher degree by research and ended that enrolment in the span of a half year of beginning, might be thought of;
- Must be intended to be admitted in a research concentration. The area in which the university has the particular strength and research resources and already attracts external funding
- The applicants must complete all the entry requirements for the higher degree in research fields.
- Must have good communication skills in oral and written English, and must meet the English Language Proficiency Test Score requirements.
- Must be able to demonstrate academic excellence.
Note: The university will appoint scores in each of the three classifications (academic legitimacy, Scholarly research preparation, execution, and Research indicators)for each candidate and submit up to 8 positioned applications for thought by University Grant Panel. Scores relegated to research pointers and execution things ought to incorporate the letter code to demonstrate the justification for the task. For instance, 3-B shows that the candidate was a minor creator of the paper distributed in a main journey.
- The evaluation and selection for the scholarship awards will be managed by the Scholarship Committee and will be based on the applicant’s academic merit and research potential.
- The application will be ranked according to the university guidelines for scholarship applications.
- The university will prioritize the students who will be taking a higher degree in research for the first time in Australia.
- It is important to read the condition of the awards for the full selection of the scholarship evaluation process.
The Flinders International Research Scholarship (FIPRS) will be awarded to the following:
- is getting paid from one more source to help with students’ general living expenses while undertaking their course of study assuming that pay is more prominent than 75% of the student’s RTP Allowance rate. Pay irrelevant to the student’s course of study or pay got for the student’s course of concentration yet not for the reasons for supporting general living expenses isn’t to be considered
- Holds the qualifications in equivalent to the Australian Research.
The application process can be accessed in an online portal provided y the university. As part of the application, the students are required to submit additional materials to better support their scholarship application.
Keep in mind that you need to activate an account to the application portal to receive a Flinders Authentication Name.
- Academic transcript of records
- Research Proposals
- Academic Referee
The scholarship will be covering the students’ tuition fees and living stipends in Australia for a maximum of three years and possible extensions.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until August 4, 2023.