The KAIST University Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded international student scholarship. This scholarship is available for master’s and doctoral studies. This scholarship will cover the entire tuition fee, as well as a monthly allowance of up to 400,000 KRW and medical health insurance fees.
KAIST is known as the MIT of Asia and is a well-known leading university in Asia. The Korean government established it in 1971 as the country’s first research-oriented science and engineering institution. For undergraduate and graduate international students, the Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) offers the KAIST International Student Scholarship.
About the Scholarship:
KAIST, founded by the government in 1971, is Korea’s first and best science and technology research university. KAIST strives for competitive research convergence through basic science and technology innovations, as well as globalization. The main and IT convergence campuses are in Daejeon (a science and technology cluster), while the Business School is in Seoul. Biotechnology, information technology, nanotechnology, urban space and systems, and EEWS are among the core technologies studied at KAIST (energy, environment, water, and sustainability). With its ideal location in Daedeok Innopolis, Daejeon’s “Korean Silicon Valley,” KAIST engages in various research collaborations with neighboring research institutions, internationally renowned universities, and industry to stimulate the creative economy. Natural Sciences, Life Science & Bioengineering, Engineering, Information Science & Technology, Business, and Liberal Arts and Convergence Science are among the colleges that offer interdisciplinary academic and research programs at KAIST.
KAIST has paved the way for Korea’s science and technology industry over the last half-century and is now a globally renowned research university. The reason for such a remarkable accomplishment is the unending effort put forth by outstanding faculty dedicated to excellent research, brilliant students dedicated to academics, and enthusiastic staff working to keep the institution running smoothly. KAIST adheres to three fundamental principles that support the institution’s mission and vision: to foster eminent scientists competent in both science theory and application; to develop technology that enables the nation’s technological advancements; and to provide opportunities for collaborations with a diverse range of institutions from various sectors of society. These three fundamental ideas underpin KAIST’s existence. By adhering to these principles, KAIST will be able to go above and beyond its initial achievements and become a powerful engine for global economic and industrial advancement. Finding new ways to collaborate with the global society will allow us to ensure humanity’s prosperity and well-being.
As a leading force in a now developed nation, KAIST is currently focusing on the type of research required to ensure humanity’s survival. KAIST is confronting relevant issues on a macro scale, moving beyond the narrowly defined industry- and technology-centered education of the past. KAIST is an idea factory that is creating a new paradigm of scientific and technological innovation. It will attract talented people from all over the world in this new era, increasing its global competitiveness. With groundbreaking research on sustainability, KAIST will contribute to the global pool of knowledge. KAIST will continue to contribute to the development of the nation and the world as it develops new engines for economic growth through the convergence of advanced science and technology with business. KAIST, formerly known as the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, was founded in 1971 as South Korea’s first research-oriented science and engineering institution. KAIST’s reputation is rapidly growing for such a young university: it is widely regarded as the best university in Korea and has been named the most innovative university in the Asia-Pacific region.
One of its recent standout research projects saw researchers develop an electric transportation system in which vehicles receive power from cables beneath the road via non-contact magnetic charging. It exemplifies how KAIST is at the forefront of developing new technologies that could address global issues such as energy consumption and urban congestion. KAIST has approximately 10,000 full-time students, with 4,000 undergraduates and 6,000 postgraduates. The school’s main areas of focus are science, engineering, and technology, but in recent years, the university has broadened its scope and is now internationally accredited in business education as well. It has also implemented dual degree programs with world-class universities such as Carnegie Mellon in the United States and the Technical University of Berlin, which provide its students with a wide range of educational opportunities.
Based on the information provided on the application form, IRT will apply for on-campus housing for all exchange students. A spot, however, cannot be guaranteed. Exchange students and KAIST summer program participants are eligible. Dormitory rooms (two or three single beds) are outfitted with beds, closets, and desks. During their stay, students should bring their own sheets, pillow/pillowcase, and blankets. Cleaning can be done in one of the on-campus dry cleaners or elsewhere (by the students themselves).
A deposit of 100,000 won is required to be paid once for the upkeep of the rooms’ furniture. This fee will be refunded when the students leave. You will be given one pillow and one blanket by KAIST. The rental and cleaning fee is 20,000 won (subject to change), which is due upon arrival at KAIST. The dormitory has shared restrooms, showers, coin-operated washing machines, and computer labs. There are no kitchen facilities in the dormitory. Meals are served three times a day, Monday through Sunday, at on-campus cafeterias. A meal costs about $5 on average. Dormitories are outfitted with LANs, which provide 24-hour access to information networking. After completing a simple online registration, free WiFi is also available on campus.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): KAIST University
Host Country(s): South Korea
Scholarship Worth: $28,000.
Study Level: Masters, PhD
The KAIST University Scholarship provides the following benefits to the recipient:
- A complete scholarship ( All expenses are covered by the program )
- Tuition is paid in full.
- A monthly allowance of 350,000 KRW for pursuing a Master’s degree.
- A monthly stipend of 400,000 KRW for pursuing a doctorate.
- The recipient’s advisor/department pays for the recipient’s medical health insurance fees.
Eligibility for Scholarship
To be eligible for the KAIST University Scholarship, candidates must meet all of the requirements listed below:
- Language Requirement: Applicants must meet one of the following English proficiency test minimum score requirements:
TOEFL iBT score of 83 (PBT 560, CBT 220)
KAIST’s TOEFL institution code is 0195 IELTS 6.5 band (Academic mode)
TOEIC score of 720 (Listening & Reading)
TEPS 599/TEPS 326/New TEPS 326
- Eligible Countries: All countries in the world. Applicants with dual citizenship (Korean citizenship) are ineligible to apply as international students.
- To be eligible for a master’s scholarship, applicants must have or expect to have a bachelor’s degree prior to enrolling at KAIST.
- To be eligible for a doctoral scholarship, applicants must have or expect to have a bachelor’s and master’s degree before enrolling at KAIST.
College of Natural Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- College of Life Science & Bioengineering
- Biological Sciences
College of Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Bio & Brain Engineering
- Industrial Design
- Industrial & Systems Engineering
- Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering
- Materials Science & Engineering
- Nuclear & Quantum Engineering
- College of Business
- Business and Technology Management
The KAIST University Scholarship 2022 (Fully Funded) is open to all international students.
To apply for this scholarship, please follow the steps outlined below.
(1) Complete the online application form with the necessary information.
(2) Make those documents available online.
– High School Profile – Transcript – English Proficiency Test Report – Standardized Official Test Score Report – Passport or National ID Copy
– Financial Resources Statement
– Recognition and Awards (Optional)
– One letter of recommendation
(3) The applicant must pay a fee of USD 80 or KRW 80,000. After completing the online application form, payment can be made by credit card or bank transfer. Additional charges (such as bank fees) should be borne by the applicants. Please keep in mind that the application fee is non-refundable, and you will be unable to modify the application form once you have paid the fee.
(4) Send in your application.
The application deadline for KAIST University Scholarship 2022 (Fully Funded) are
- Spring Semester: August- September
- Fall Semester (Early): December – January
- Fall Semester (Regular): March – April