The School of Engineering at the University of Manchester in the United Kingdom is proud to offer the Engineering the Future Scholarships to the outstanding academically excellent students in South Asia, South East Asia, and Africa for the academic year of 2022-2023. The scholarship will commence in September 2022.
For the international students who are aiming to further their educational journey abroad, this scholarship offered by the University of Manchester is one of the prestigious and competitive scholarships intended for the international students in the Engineering department. The international students and the degree at the University of Manchester is the new passport for the success of their career and personal life goals. The university is well-known all over the globe as an international school that aims to deliver a high-quality learning and teaching experience and research that will shape every course of the students.
Scholarship Provider: University of Manchester
About the Provider
Founded in 1824, the University of Manchester is one of England’s most prestigious universities, attracting thousands of students from around the world each year. The University of Manchester is a public school in the United Kingdom, with the principal located on Oxford Road, just south of Manchester city center. It is considered a red brick school, a product of a public school in the late 19th century, providing the highest level of care to our students in their education.
The University is world-renowned for its excellent education and research. Students will quickly acquire skills and gain prior experience that will make a difference in the business world. It is a major research center and has a well-established culture that fosters innovation and collaboration. Annually the university welcomes the largest amount of international students who wish to pursue their higher education in the UK.
School of Engineering at University of Manchester
Manchester Engineering Campus Development (MECD), a new £400 million building for engineering and materials science at the University of Manchester, is nearing completion. The physical transition to the new development is expected to take place in January 2022 and December 2022. Although it is expected that access to equipment or functionality of access to desired activities will be restricted at the last moment, plans are still under development. A variety of thesis studies are also available to reduce the confusion that occurs, and student proficiency is also important.
The School of Engineering at the University of Manchester creates a world of opportunity for students to gain knowledge and understanding. Through research and education, we develop engineered solutions that make a difference in the community in an ethical and cost-effective way. Science-based engineering is the foundation of what they do, and through collaboration, we help the engineers and scientists of tomorrow develop robust, cutting-edge, creative technology.
- Be one of the highest-paid engineering specialists.
- Courses are designed to meet the needs of employers and can develop a variety of skills (design, solution, editing, analysis, communication, and collaboration) to get the job done.
- The University of Manchester has an international reputation and the qualifications have increased your chances of finding employment anywhere in the world.
- All specialized training is provided by professionals in their field.
- The entry requirements will be flexible and a relevant experience will be considered.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: South Asia, South East Asia, and Africa Countries
- Degree Level: Postgraduate
- Field: Chemical Engineering
Mechanical, Aerospace, and Civil Engineering
- Number of Awards: 15
- Scholarship Amount: Up to £28,000
- Duration: NA
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
To be eligible for the scholarship, the students must meet the following:
- Must be a resident of one of the following countries in South Asia, South East Asia, and Africa.
- Must have an accreditation (major or minor) for a full-time master’s (teaching) course starting in September 2022 at the Faculty of Science and Engineering. (If the acknowledgment is accepted as part of the first application, it will still be considered. If the award is received, the application will be repeated.)
- Must have completed your English Language Qualification to the standards required for the eligible course.
- Must be registered in full for the selected courses before the registration deadline.
- Have or be about to complete a bachelor’s degree with a minimum upper sophomore (2:1) split or equivalent to the international grading system.
- Self-funded students who do not have any support or any other scholarships and classified as international paying fee students for the tuition fee purpose.
Interested applicants can access the application portal provided by the university. The eligible applicants will be automatically considered for the awards.
As part of the application process, the students are required to submit the following documents along with the application to support their scholarship application and the proof of their academic achievement.
- Transcript of records
- Proof of academic excellence and achievements
- English Language Test
- Academic references
- Curriculum Vitae
- Valid passport
- Proof of nationality
The applicants must be able to demonstrate their competency in the English language.
- IELTS score of 6.7
- TOEFL iBT overall score of 90
- Pearson PTE overall score of 70
How the application will be considered
The university will consider the student’s full academic history which includes the course units taken and the academic marks obtained.
If you applied last year and were unsuccessful, you can reapply. Your application will be determined based on the admission standard for that year. The new application must indicate how the application was developed. You can use any information from your previous application or your school of registration to determine eligibility for your option.
The successful students will be announced by July 13, 2022, and will be granted the following awards:
- Up to £28,000 tuition fee waiver for one successful student
- Four partial tuition fee waivers amounting to up to £10,000
- Ten partial tuition fee waivers amounting to up to £10,000
All applications must be completed and submitted before July 13, 2022. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.