Tuition Exemption Scholarship intended for international students who will be commencing their higher education for the academic year of 2022-2023 is now open for application at Université de Montréal in Canada. The scholarship will be available for the international students who wil be admitted to an undergraduate, master, and Ph.D. degree.
The scholarship aims to help international students to pursue their education and attend one of the finest universities in the world. The scholarship was created in the year 2020 to give back more support and provide help to the students who want to fulfill their higher education and career developments.
International Students at Université de Montréal
As the best universities in the world ranked in the top ten, it is therefore not surprising that Montreal attracts thousands of students from all over the world every year.
Studying at UdeM will give you an opportunity to get to know Montreal, one of the top ten universities in the world. The multi-ethnic and bilingual metropolis is known for the cultural diversity that blends North American and European innovations
The university also offers first-class education in all areas of education and attaches great importance to an interdisciplinary approach. Studying as an international student in the university will have everything you probably need for an enriching experience that will open new horizons for you.
Scholarship Provider: Université de Montréal
About the Provider
Founded to provide higher education. For more than 135 years, it has been an institution that serves the community.
The Université de Montréal has 10,000 international students, making it the third-largest international university in Canada according to the ranking at Times Education. More than 7,000 permanent residents of Canada also attend the university each year. According to the Global University Employment Ranking, UdeM is ranked 36th worldwide in terms of the reputation of its graduates.
The university annually provides scholarships and financial aid to outstanding students who can demonstrate their academic excellence and their eagerness on becoming one of the leaders that can contribute not only to the university but also to their home country and their communities.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Degree Level: Undergraduate, Master and Ph.D. degree
- Field: All eligible courses offered by the university
- Scholarship Awards: $27,300
- Duration: The scholarship duration will be depending on the degree level of the awardee.
- Country of Scholarship: Canada
To be considered for the scholarship the students must meet all the criteria and requirements of the scholarship.
- Must be international students.
- Good English communication skills oral and written.
- The international students must be holding a study permit to pursue their education in Canada.
- Admitted to a full-time program.
- Must not receive any scholarship offers or financial grants from any institution or government.
After checking the eligibility criteria of the scholarship, students must follow the application and the admission process of the university. The university will provide an online portal to access the admission process along with the application process of the scholarship program.
It is important that the interested students must create an account for the portal provided, to give more access to the several resources of the university.
- Must be able to complete the admission process.
- The students who are already admitted must follow up their admission to receive access to the students center portal where the students can monitor their application and can receive the acceptance letter from the university.
- To start the evaluation process, students must accept their offer at the admission, after being admitted the students don’t need to do another application for the scholarship, the submitted files for the admission will be evaluated by the scholarship committee to determine if the students are eligible to receive the scholarship award.
- The university will notify the students through email of the type of awards and the amount of the awards to be given. Keep in mind that the email must be printed as it will be required to use for the future references of the accepting the scholarship.
To be admitted to the university, the students must be holding a certificate or diploma to prove their degree level at the university. If the students have pursued their higher education in another country or university, the academic merits must be equivalent to the level of admission of the university as required.
The Université de Montréal will be providing the following awards depending on the student’s degree level.
The only evaluation criterion for the scholarship amount is the academic achievement of the students. The results of the analysis are classified according to the following three levels:
- Level A: $11,998 annually (equivalent to 30 credits in two sessions) or $5,999 per session total of 15 credits or $399 per credit
- Level B: $5,718 annually (equivalent to 30 credits in two sessions) or $2,859 per session total of 15 credits or $190.60 per credit
- Level C: $2,000 annually (equivalent to 30 credits in two sessions) or $1,000 per session total of 15 credits or $66.67 per credit
The scholarship amount can be used towards the tuition fee at the university annually.
- $9,420 annually (equivalent to 45 credits for three sessions) or $3,140 per session 15 credits in total. The amount can be used towards the tuition fee.
To help the international students support their graduate studies, there will be an additional waiver for the tuition fees for the entire duration of the deserving international students.
- $19,339 annually (equivalent to 45 credits in three sessions) or $6,546 per session total of 15 credits.
The scholarship offered by the Université de Montréal will be open until September 1, 2022. All international students can start their application for the academic year of 2022-2023. Scholarships will be offered annually.
Interested students must read and agree to the terms and conditions applied for the scholarship. Employment opportunities will also be offered to graduate students at the university. International students must check on the International Office of the university to get the opportunity and possibilities to be considered for the employment offer.