Scholarship for the first year or incoming undergraduate students is now open for application for the academic year of 2022-2023. Yearly, The New York Institute of Technology offers Scholarship Categories that will provide support and financial aid that will be cover the student’s educational expenses.
New York Tech Scholarship
To further the student’s higher education, the Institute offers Four Scholarship categories that can help the incoming undergraduate students to lessen their financial barriers and fulfill their education at the institute. The New York Institute of Technology offers a scholarship for outstanding students who can demonstrate their academic excellence and potential.
The scholarship provided by the institute will be renewable each semester as long as the awardees have met the requirements for the renewal of the scholarship.
Institute Review for the Scholarship Admission
All applications will be reviewed by the admission department of the scholarship, students must check the list below before taking the steps to further their applications in the scholarship categories for the undergraduate degree:
- FAFSA must be completed annually, the process will be for US citizens only.
- Must be a full-time student.
- GPA must be maintained depending on the categories of the scholarship.
- SAP requirements must be able to meet at all times.
Scholarship Provider: New York Institute of Technology
About the Provider
New York Institute of Technology offers more opportunities for every individual who wishes to further their education and study and enjoy a good environment that prioritizes giving high-quality education.
The institute is one of the academies that suit not only the local students but also the international students, the programs are over 100 career-focused studies with technology-related programs taught by the best faculty and researchers.
The variety of scholarships and financial aid available to both local and international students focuses on the academic excellence of the students and their achievements. Located in the heart of New York, every student can gain more experiences, knowledge while enjoying some interactions with the community and the local and international students.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Nationality: Local Students
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Field: Any eligible courses offered for the undergraduate degree at the institute.
- Duration: To up to 4 years
- Scholarship Awards: Up to $26,000
- Scholarship Country: USA
The students who will be applying for the scholarship without the SAT or ACT score will be eligible for the scholarship. The scholarship application will be based on the student’s academic merits.
The GPA Average of the students will be equivalent to the amount of the award.
- 3.9 or higher GPA will be awarded to up to $26,000
- 3.79 GPA will be awarded to up to $25,000
- 3.49 GPA will be awarded to up t $23,000
- 3.19 GPA will be awarded to up to $19,000
The students may be awarded the following scholarship:
- Presidents Scholarship
- Theodore K. Steele Memorial Scholarship
- Merit Scholarship
- Academic Achievement Awards
The scholarship will be awarded to up to four years for the full-time undergraduate students at the institute. Maintaining the GPA will be required for each semester. The scholarship amount provided for the awardee of the scholarship can only be used towards their tuition fee and can not be utilized for the summer attendance.
$1,000 Legacy Awards
This type of scholarship offered by the New York Institute of Technology will be awarded to the following:
- Intended for the undergraduate students who will be enrolled full-time in a degree bearing program at the institute.
- Their parents or guardian must be graduated at New York Institute of Technology.
- Must be able to submit all completed application forms and documents in relevant to their scholarship application.
- All incomplete application will not be considered.
The deadline for application is until July 15, 2022 for the fall semester and December 15, 2022 for the spring semester.
Students Child of the Firefighters, Police, EMT and Teachers Awards
The award is to acknowledge the children of the Police Officers, Teacher, EMT and Fire fighters. The students parents or gurdian must be active in their service and a full-time employee of the mentioned jobs.
The scholarship awards will be providing 50% tuition fee discounts and must be able to meet the following criteria:
- Must be able to be admitted in a full-time undergraduate degree program of the university.
- FAFSA will be required prior to the deadline of the application.
- Must be able to complete the application before the deadline of July 15, 2022 for fall, December 15, 2022 for spring semester.
- Incomplete application will not be considered.
- Late application for the scholarship will be placed on hold for the next scholarship review.
- The students must be able to submit thier parents or gurdian’s ID or documents that will support thier application.
- Employment status of the parents and guardians.
$9,000–$9,500 Annual Fastrac Scholarship
- Must be a local students in the USA, permanent or citizen.
- Freshman undergraduate enrolled at New York Institute of Technology.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher in high school point scale.
- SAT of 1150 or ACT 24 minimum.
- FAFSA eligibility must meet.
- Must be able to be admitted at the degree program provided by the institute.
$500 NYIT First Scholarship
The scholarship is a one time award amountitng to $500. This scholarship will be based on the students academic merit and the students must be an active member od the FIRST Team during their secondary school.
The scholarship will be offered in any of the degree program of the institute. The students must be bale to meet the criteria of the schoaltrship to be considered.
- The students must be able to meet the academic requirements of the scholarship and complete thier application before the deadline.
- Late and incomplete applciation will not be considered by the scholarship committee.
- Must be a senior high with minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Must be able to be admitted at the New York Tech as a full-time undergraduate degree in an eligible courses offered by the institute.
- The scholarship application deadline will be until May 15.
- Upon submission of the application, the NYIT will be requiring an essay along with their application.
- Documents will be required for the academic merits in relevant to the students application.
The recipient of the scholarship must be bale to maintain the required GPA for the Scholarship Categories.