Alberta Advanced Education, in partnership with the Alberta Innovates Initiative, is currently offering the Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship.
This company invests in supporting and providing postgraduate awards to academically superior graduate students pursuing a full-time research education at an Alberta university, leading to a master’s or doctoral degree.
The Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship (GSS) Program is designed to enable these promising students to succeed in the scientific research platform areas that are strategically important to Alberta. These areas are Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Nanotechnology, and Omics.
Programs at the University of Alberta (also known as U of A and UAlberta) is a public research university located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It was founded in 1908 by Alexander Cameron Rutherford, Alberta’s first premier.
The University of Alberta is a major economic engine in Alberta. The university’s impact on Alberta’s economy is approximately $12.3 billion annually or five percent of the province’s gross domestic product.
What You Need To Know About The Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship In Canada
The Alberta Innovations Initiative has been known over the years as the budding platform for highly innovative brains. These geniuses are in various professional careers ranging from the health sector, engineering, science, medicine, humanities, etc.
In addition to offering graduate awards, another important area that the Alberta Innovations Initiative has really highlighted is the area of innovations for health.
The Alberta Innovates Health Solutions is a subsidiary stream of the Alberta Innovates Initiative that supports and offers financing to highly viable and scalable companies. innovations in health and startups. They support a community of researchers who generate experienced and well-informed knowledge that improves the quality of life and health around the world.
Have a viable healthcare innovation idea that could change the world? Contact Alberta Innovates Health Solutions (AIHS) for funding opportunities. Another similar opportunity like the Alberta Innovates Postgraduate Scholarship is the Queen Elizabeth ii Postgraduate Scholarship.
Please find below all the details related to the Alberta Innovates Graduate Studentship Scholarship:
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY:
The Alberta Innovates Graduate Studentship Scholarship is available to pursue a graduate program at the University of Alberta. They are awarded in Scientific Research.
The scholarship can be taken in Canada.
The scholarship is available to Canadian citizens.
Master’s Full Value: $26,000
Ph.D. Full Value: $31,000 Refill
ALBERTA INNOVA SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS:
- Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available to Canadian citizens.
- Entry requirements:
- A minimum of 3.5 GPA is an eligibility requirement for all applicants. The GPA will be calculated based on the current course in the graduate program at the University of Alberta or, if a student is newly admitted, AGPA will be used to determine eligibility.
• Students applying for a Master’s level Alberta Innovates GSS must have been admitted to their Master’s program no earlier than Spring 2023.
• Students applying for a Ph.D. level Alberta Innovates GSS must have been admitted to their Ph.D. program no earlier than spring 2019. Please note that in the event that you transfer from a Master’s program to a Ph.D. program, the time spent in your Master’s program counts towards the time you spend on your Ph.D.
• Students may not receive more than a total of four years of combined Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship Masters/Ph.D. funds.
• There are no citizenship restrictions on this award.
• Your study and research must fall into the categories funded by Alberta Innovates: ICT, Nano, and Omics.
• If you are not already enrolled in a graduate program at UAlberta, your eligibility to apply for the Alberta Innovates GSS is contingent on meeting all eligibility requirements for admission to a UAlberta graduate program. You should contact your potential department for information on those requirements and you should apply for this competency through that department.
• Each candidate must be sponsored by a faculty supervisor, who possesses a record of productive research within an Alberta Innovates-funded research area (ICT, Nano, Omics) and sufficient resources to ensure the successful completion of the research.
How to Apply for the Alberta Innovates Scholarship for Graduate Students
Applications sent directly to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR) by the applicant and/or applications received without a University of Alberta ID will not be considered.
The complete application package contains:
- Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship Application Form – Make sure both you and your supervisor have signed the application
- Two Reference Letters: Each applicant’s referee must complete and sign a reference letter to support the application for graduate awards. The confidential reference letter can accompany the standard reference letter form, but cannot replace it. Departments are asked to ensure reference letters are in sealed envelopes if sent by the applicant, or sent directly to the department if sent by the referee. This particular form is required.
- Copies of transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Incoming students: FGSR can access all transcripts of university study programs submitted as part of the application for admission. No additional transcripts are required.
• Current U of A students: Up-to-date U of A official transcripts are the only transcripts required by FGSR.
• Foreign Transcripts: If FGSR does not have a certified English translation of your transcript on file, one must be submitted with the application.
Application Deadline: October 12, 2023