The deserving high school students planning to further their higher education in the USA can now start their application for the National Scholarship offered by the Horatio Alger Association in the USA for the academic year of 2023-2024. The association aims to support the freshman students who can demonstrate their academic interest and financial needs, higher education is essential for every student as it is the bridge that can help them achieve their professional and personal goals.
Horatio Alger National Scholarship Program is one of the country’s financial aid programs, a major scholarship that specifically provides assistance to secondary students who are currently facing a financial struggle to commence their higher education in an undergraduate degree The scholarship wil be fully funded by the members of the Horatio Alger Scholars who also experience financial challenges during their academic year and overcome the situation and complete their education become successful civil leaders and business owners.
Scholarship Provider: Horatio Alger Association of Distinguised Americans, Inc.
About the Provider
The Horatio Alger Association of Distinguished Americans is devoted to the basic yet strong conviction that difficult work, trustworthiness, and assurance can vanquish all impediments. They are non-profit organizations and were established in 1974 to disperse the mounting conviction among our country’s childhood that the Pursuit of happiness was presently not feasible.
The association bears the name of the prestigious creator Horatio Alger, Jr., whose stories of defeating affliction through unflinching tirelessness and fundamental moral standards enamored the general population in the late nineteenth hundred years.
Horatio Alger, Jr., was a productive writer in the nineteenth and mid-twentieth hundreds of years whose books enlivened its perusers to try sincerely and endure through difficulty. Alger’s books – 128 on the whole – relate how “can-do spirits” and individual drive can permit anybody to accomplish their dreams, regardless of the obstacle in life. Horatio Alger Association aims to promote the significance and values exemplified in the written books of Horatio Alger and to honor the success of each individual who has to adhere them.
Dr. Kenneth Beebe founder of the association in partnership with Dr. Norman Vincent Peale hopes to move and inspire Americans to arrive at their most elevated potential, in this manner reinforcing American culture all in all. They made the Relationship to perceive people of exceptional accomplishment as a method for helping Americans to remember the boundless potential outcomes that exist through the free-endeavor systems.
Starting around 1984, Horatio Alger Association Members and Companions have financed need-based school grants for low-pay youth to seek their goals through higher education. By the association’s 75th Commemoration in 2022, they expect to have granted a sum of $235 million in grants to in excess of 35,000 meriting students. Through its numerous grant and scholarship programs, the association upholds students chasing after a vocation and specialized endorsements and certificates, four-year college educations, and graduate studies.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: USA
- Degree Level: Undergraduate Degree
- Scholarship Country: United States
- Scholarship Award: $25,000
- Renewable: NA
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Field: Any field related to an undergraduate degree
- Number of Awards: 105
Before proceeding to the application, interested applicants must be able to meet the eligibility requirements of the scholarship.
- The applicants must be currently enrolled as secondary students in the USA.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong commitments and complete an undergraduate degree at any accredited non-profit private or public institution in the United States, the students can start their undergraduate degree in a two-year course and be transferred to a four years course institution.
- Must be able to demonstrate their financial needs.
- Must possess perseverance to overcome adversity and display integrity.
- Must have a minimum grades point average of 2.0 and above
- A citizen of the United States.
Scholarship Application Process
The eligible students can access the application form in an online portal provided by the association. When accessing the application the students must be able to provide all the details needed to complete all the information and the supporting documents required to support their scholarship application.
As part of the application process the students are required to submit the following:
- Academic transcript of records
- Proof of financial statements
- Application form
- Identification Cards
To submit all the requirements, the applicants must upload the required documents to an online portal provided by the association. Keep in mind that the requirements must not be submitted by email, mail, or fax, all documents submitted in that form will be automatically rejected.
For the applicants selected and not born in the USA
The applicants who have been selected for the scholarship award and are not born in the USA but are considered to be an American citizen can submit the following documents:
- A photocopy of the ID Photo page of the issued passport which also includes their full name.
- Copy of citizenship certificates, in case, that you don’t have a copy of your certificates and your parents are currently living in the United States, you can also submit a photocopy of your parent’s citizenship or a copy of your Consular Birth Report abroad.
- If you are born in the USA, proof of citizenship is no longer required.
The Horatio Alger National Scholarship Program will be awarding 105 scholarships and the beneficiary of the award will be receiving a total amount of $25,000 each. The scholarship awards can only be used for their educational expenses.
All awardees will be notified by the association, the undergraduate degree students wil be notified via email or mail in April. The list of recipients will also be posted online on the official website of the scholarship provider.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until March 15, 2023.