To award the activities and projects that aim to enhance the teaching, learning, and educational performance of every individual at the institutions for the academic year of 2023-2024, the UNESCO United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organizations offer the King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize.
The award will be given to utilize information and Communication Technology or the ICT in education to two individuals, non-government organizations, organizations, or other entities. The award has been established since 2005 by the Executive Board and the prize amount will be valued at up to $25,000 with the generous support of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
More Information about the UNESCO King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize
The UNESCO King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the Utilization of ICT in Schooling perceives imaginative methodologies in utilizing new technologies to extend educational and long-lasting learning amazing opportunities for all, in accordance with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its Goal 4 on training.
An international Jury chooses the two best proposal projects annually. Each prizewinner gets US$ 25,000, a medal, and recognition during a function at the UNESCO Base camp in Paris. Consistently the Prize has a particular topic, which, while being in accordance with UNESCO’s command and values, advocates for mindful and ethical utilization of information and correspondence technologies.
The theme for the 2022 Application: The utilization of public platforms to guarantee comprehensive admittance to digital training content
- The 2022 version follows quickly the arrival of “Call to Activity: Guaranteeing and working on quality public digital learning for all” during the Transforming Educational Summits (TES) in September 2022, which reaffirms that the digital upheaval should be bridled to guarantee the arrangement of quality education and long-lasting advancing as a public decent and common freedom for all, with a specific spotlight on the most marginalized.
- The 2022 version of the theme award will be focusing on the three keys to universal public and digital education, which rewards the projects that have made public digital learning platforms and digital substance universally available, created digital abilities for all educators and students, and advanced universal networks in schooling.
Scholarship Provider: United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
About the Provider
As a specialized agency, UNESCO represents the United Nations which aims to promote security and world peace through international cooperation in arts, education, science, and culture. UNESCO uses science, education, culture, and communication including information to foster mutual understanding and to give respect to the planet. The association pursues fortifying the intellectual and moral fortitude of humanity and is making an effect and building versatility in local networks globally.
Education transforms lives and is at the core of UNESCO’s central goal to assemble harmony, kill neediness and drive sustainable development. It is a basic liberty for all over the course of life. The Association is the main Joined Countries organization with order to cover all parts of every student’s education. Driving the Global Training 2030 Agenda through Sustainable Development has been endowed.
UNESCO gives global and regional authority in education, fortifies the education system overall, and answers contemporary global challenges through education with orientation equality as one of its principles. Its work includes quality educational development from pre-school to advanced education and then some. UNESCO’s central command in Paris gives overall direction to UNESCO’s activity in education around the world, working with associates from around the world. The Education Area is made up of the Leader’s Office and five Divisions.
Education is an essential basic freedom and global public greatness. UNESCO attempts to advance discovery that achieves personal transformation, flexibility, harmony, and a sustainable planet. Its remarkable command to advance deep-rooted education for everybody was brought into the world as the result of The Second Great War and has developed to address the global difficulties of a digital period and a planet undermined by environmental change, struggle, and different emergencies.
UNESCO’s Education Area gives global and regional administration to guarantee each new generation and resident approaches quality education from pre-school to higher and over the course of life while keeping two needs, Africa and Gender Orientation, forcefully in the center.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Postgraduate
- Field: Any eligible field or proposal projects
- Number of Awards: Two
- Scholarship Awards: $25,000
- Duration: NA
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Renewable: NA
Before proceeding with the application, interested applicants must read the eligibility criteria of the award:
- Any individuals, institutions, non-government organizations, and other entities are eligible to apply for the award.
- Must be able to present a project that should still be ongoing and for at least one year.
- The projects and the organizations should not be related or affiliated to UNESCO or not currently receiving funds or awards from UNESCO.
- The technology that has been utilized for the proposed projects must be open and free to access.
To apply for the award, interested applicants must access the online portal application provided by UNESCO, all submitted applications will be considered and reviewed by the scholarship committee, but it is important to read the guidelines for application to be able to complete all the necessary requirements for the application process.
The criteria for the awards will be selected based on the following:
- Relevance to the 2022 theme
- Evidence of the Impact of the projects
- Potential for Scalability and Replicability which demonstrate evidence for potentials and scale its impacts.
- Equity and Inclusion
UNESCO will be providing a total of $25,000 to the successful applicants. Winners must read and agree to the terms and conditions applied to the award.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until January 23,2023