The Auckland University of Technology is inviting applications for the 2023 research program. The scholarship is available to New Zealand citizens.
The aim of the fellowship is to encourage research into social issues related to being and becoming human and to provide funding for a Ph.D. candidate at a New Zealand university.
About Auckland University of Technology
Auckland University of Technology is a university in New Zealand, formed on January 1, 2000, when a former technical college was granted university status.
Auckland University of Technology (AUT) is spread over three campuses in Auckland, New Zealand, offering more than 250 courses in subjects ranging from art and design to languages. It prides itself as the number one millennial university and is ranked in the top 50 universities under 50 years of age.
Auckland itself, meanwhile, was ranked 28th in the QS Best Student Cities ranking, receiving high marks on factors such as quality of life and having a large student community.
Students can get career advice from the University’s Employability Lab, which offers help writing a CV and cover letter, improving interview techniques, and networking with employers for work experience.
The University offers a wide range of support services to help students’ lives be as relaxed as possible during their study time. These include a disability support service, international student support, a confidential counseling service, and spiritual and religious support for students of all faiths.
A wide range of clubs and societies are offered for AUT students to get involved in during their free time. These range from clubs to specific sports by theme. As New Zealand’s leading sports university, students also have access to state-of-the-art fitness facilities, including sports centers, and the opportunity to work with a personal trainer.
During their study time, students have the opportunity to spend part of their time in another country through an international exchange program, at one of AUT’s partner institutions. Students are encouraged to do so to stand out from the crowd after graduation, as well as gain new life and cultural experiences.
What You Need To Know About Auckland Medical Aid Trust Scholarship
In evaluating applications for the award, the Selection Committee will consider academic merit and alignment with the objectives of the Trust.
The Committee will also take into account the applicant’s ability and previous experience in the chosen field, particularly as it relates to the successful completion of the investigation within the allotted timeframe and the potential outcomes to the benefit of New Zealand.
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY:
The scholarship is available to undertake a Research program at Auckland University of Technology. The scholarship is awarded to study in the field of human reproduction: social, medical, and technological.
The scholarship is available to New Zealand students.
The scholarship is valued at up to $25,000 per year. It will be awarded for one year, but may be extended to a maximum of three years, provided satisfactory progress is maintained and subject to approval by the Trust.
Auckland Medical Aid Trust Scholarship Eligibility:
Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available to students from New Zealand.
Entry Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- An applicant will be registered as a candidate or will be in the process of registering as a candidate for a Ph.D. at a New Zealand university. (No prize will be awarded to a candidate who has not successfully completed registration for a Ph.D.). Scholars must reside in New Zealand for the duration of their degree.
- Applications from a wide range of disciplines will be accepted in line with the Trust’s desire to encourage research into social issues related to human reproduction in its broadest interpretation.
How to Apply for the Auckland Medical Aid Trust Scholarship
Application materials must include the following:
The application form will be requested and applicants will need to provide:
- Information regarding your doctoral candidacy or request for doctoral candidacy.
- A summary of the doctoral research project, including its relevance to the purpose of the fellowship and your future career: a curriculum vitae
- Information about scholarships and awards received or applied for.
- A budget
- A statement identifying achievement and practical experience relevant to the Scholarship.
- the names of two referees
- A copy of your academic record.
Reference requests and academic transcripts will be initiated by the applicant within the online application.
Scholarship Application Deadline
- The scholarship application deadline is October 1, 2023.