Western University located in London, Ontario, Canada has dedicated their higher education to reaching out to students from all over the world that need a helping hand with their college careers.
Western University has an exact date for when the institution was founded back in 1878. On March 7, 1878, the originally named ‘The Western University of London Ontario’ finally opened to the local students in the area.
Academics at Western University include these various programs:
- Actuarial Science
- Anatomy and Cell Biology
- Analytics and Decision Sciences
- Artificial Intelligence Systems Engineering
- Chemical and Biochemical Engineering
- Childhood and Youth Studies
- Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Comparative Literature and Culture
- Engineering Leadership and Innovation
- Family Studies and Human Development
- Faculty of Information and Media Studies
- Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Governance, Leadership and Ethics
- Film Studies
- Green Process Engineering
- History of Science
- Intercultural Communications
- Management and Organizational Studies
- Mechatronic Systems Engineering
- Media, Information and Technoculture
- Medical Health Informatics
- Physiology and Pharmacology
- Microbiology and Immunology
- Museum and Curatorial Studies
- Numerical and Mathematical Methods
- One Health
- Social Justice and Peace Studies
- Studio Art
The list above is not a complete list with descriptions about all of the available programs that can be pursued at Western University. Students will be able to find more information on the original website of the university. That original link is located within this article.
- Students must be living in Canada for up to 1 year prior to applying.
- Afghan students can have already had prior schooling beforehand.
- The student must have entered the country of Canada as an Afghan refugee.
- There is a strict eligibility for this scholarship but it’s to ensure that the correct students receive the full benefits of this award.
There is limited eligibility for this scholarship but it is for a specific reason. As a refugee scholarship that means the government of Canada is working with the university to ensure that the students feel safe and don’t have to worry about main extra income to survive through the academic year.
The biggest requirements needed will be the main documents like current address from a bill or government document, and current status as a refugee in Canada. This is all available through the government if the student needs a copy of their original document.
How to Apply
Students will need to complete their Afghan Student Refugee Scholarship application. There will need to be supporting documents as such:
- Arrival date this can be found on the individuals visa or visitor record
Reward – Extra Benefits
With this scholarship being intended for only Afghan refugees, that means not one student will need to pay out of pocket when it comes to their college career. Instead, all tuition, all tuition fees, and excess fees will be taken care of by the university.
Living expenses are also covered for this scholarship.
This amount has protentional to be increased as well, depending on how much the cost for a single course may be compared to others.
A student visa will be granted by the Canadian government under the Afghan refugee act.
In this case, the student will not need to send in their student visa information into their own country’s government.
Deadline Time Line
The deadline time line has already passed and is before May. Students are asked to contact the email address in the contact section to inquire further about what to do.
For more information on this subject, which is not readily available since the deadline time has closed. Students can use the contact email address to ensure they know the exact deadline date for 2023.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame for this scholarship has passed but is available from January to the 1st of May 2023. Students will need to prepare for the 2023 academic year to ensure that they are ready to apply.
The open submission window time frame will be notified to students that wish to know the exact open submission date.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options
This is an ongoing and annual scholarship that is constantly renewable for eligible candidates. There may be other scholarships students can apply for just contact the email address below for the right information to move forward in your college career.
Here at Pick a Scholarship we offer a full range scholarship database for all students looking for varying degree levels. While we provide exact information for each scholarship application and when the deadlines/open submission windows are held. We offer a contact section on each post where the admissions of the university or the director of a private sponsor can be reached to give more information or details.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to be reviewed or changed before submitting their application.