The Academy of Interactive Arts and Science Foundation now accepts applications for the AIAS Foundation WomenIn Scholarship for International Students for 2023-2024.
The WomenIn Scholarship is one of the competitive scholarship programs offered for international women, with a predetermined number of awards accessible every year. In any case, it gives a remarkable opportunity to women in Asia to seek advanced education and foster the abilities and information expected to have a constructive outcome in their networks and nations.
About the Scholarship
The WomenIn Scholarships supported by Intel is a cooperative work to draw in, hold, and advance women in the intuitive media industry by supporting their education and professional development. This scholarship offers help to female students and early-career gaming professionals through its tutoring project, education, and scholarships.
This scholarship is accessible for women and early professionals (ongoing graduates inside their initial two years in the business) chasing after a tech career in game development. Candidates to the WomenIn Scholarship should recognize as women proposing to seek employment in the specialized part of computer games including yet not restricted to art, animation, programming, and engineering.
The scholarship aims to double the overall participation of women in the games business by 2025. he scholarship supports the production of chances for careers in the computer game field and cultivates early consideration. they endeavor to accomplish the accompanying through WomenIn:
- Increase the number of women entering the game industry and decrease the number of leaving the industry.
- Promotes the best practice for the inclusion in the workplace in the Interactive Industry
Scholarship Provider: The Academy of Interactive Arts and Science Foundation
About the Provider
Established in 2010, the Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences Foundation’s central goal is to propel a comprehensive overall interactive diversion of creativity and business in the local area through cooperation, education, and professional development.
The foundation has sponsored numerous mentees, and scholars, hosted an educational summit, launching of the first gaming industry race, building a developing database of mentors to help them with the future generations of industry pioneers. The AIAS Foundation is a non-profit association that attempts to advance social, political, and monetary improvement in Asia. It was laid out in 1954 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California, USA. The association works with nearby partners in north of 18 nations to help drives in regions like administration and regulation, financial turn of events, women’s strengthening, and provincial participation.
The Foundation’s projects are intended to address many issues that influence the locale, including destitution, struggle, and social disparity. The foundation likewise works to advance practical developments, basic liberties, and a majority-rule government in Asia. A portion of the eminent drives and projects are embraced by the Foundation incorporating advancing orientation balance and women’s strengthening, supporting harmony and security in struggle-impacted regions, further developing admittance to education and medical services, and strengthening common society.
Funded by different resources which include the government, private foundations, corporations, and individual support. The foundation is focused on straightforwardness and responsibility in its tasks and routinely distributes reports and other materials that give data about its activities and effect.
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Undergraduate or Postgraduate
- Field: Gaming Industry, Arts, Programming, Engineering
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: NA
- Scholarship Awards: $2,500
- Scholarship Country: USA
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application, interested international students must meet the eligibility of the scholarship.
- The applicants must be admitted an undergraduate full-time students or graduate students attending an accredited university or college for the academic year of 2023-2024 or employed in an early professional within their first 2 years in the business.
- Should be 21 years or above by February 1, 2024. If under 21, should recognize that they are not qualified to participate in exercises during D.I.C.E. Culmination including the tutoring program nearby.
- Major in any field.
- Must have a GPA of 3.3 minimum or 4.0 on a scale
- Relatives of the AIAS Foundation board and staff and individual major donors of the Foundation (characterized as contributors of something like $1000 in donations) are not qualified to apply for the scholarship.
- Candidates don’t need to be American citizens or permanent residents to apply. In consistency with federal law, any non-U.S. citizen who gets a scholarship must not be recorded on a distributed “Specifically Designated Nationals” terrorism watch list.
- The previous scholars are not eligible to apply.
- The institution or university must be licensed by the standard and customary college/school authorizing institution(s) for the nation or nations where they work. In the event that there is any inquiry concerning the license of any academic institution, the Foundation maintains the exclusive authority to decide in its only judgment whether students from that institution will be qualified for Foundation scholarships.
The application can be accessed in an online portal provided by the foundation. To complete the application, the applicants must complete the necessary information needed to fill up the application form. As part of the application process, additional materials will be required to support the scholarship application.
Keep in mind that late and incomplete applications will not be considered. The application must be submitted before the deadline for submission.
- Two minimum pages for personal statements which includes information about the applicant’s studies and how will this benefits the gaming industry.
- Statements that outline the leadership skills, character, services, and financial needs.
- Two letters of recommendation must be signed
- The letters of recommendation must outline the potential of the applicants to make a significant contribution t the gaming industry.
- Transcript of records
- Proof of Enrolment
- Proof of Employment for the early professional
The scholarship awards will be amounting to up to $2,500.
Deadline of Application
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until May 31, 2023.