For the academic year of 2022-2023, Alvernia University encourages International students to apply for the limited number of scholarships for eligible undergraduate students who can demonstrate their academic excellence and further their higher degrees in the USA with the help of the scholarships, a limited scholarships opportunity offered for the undergraduate degree students amounting to $10,000 to up to $24,000 annually as a merit award.
All freshman and transfer international undergraduate degree students who want to pursue their studies at Alvernia University must complete their admission application. After admission has been completed, the international students will be able to apply for the limited scholarships opportunity of the university.
Scholarship Provider: Alvernia University
About the Provider
Previously known as Alvernia College, Alvernia University is a private Franciscan Roman Catholic college in Reading, Pennsylvania. The college’s vision is to be a Distinctive Franciscan University, Committed to Personal and Social Transformation, Through Integrated, Community-based, Inclusive, and Ethical Learning.
Why decide to learn at Alvernia University?
Alvernia University is a thorough, mindful, and comprehensive learning local area focused on scholastic greatness. Alvernia has an energetic scholarly climate where the students learn, find, give and develop as pioneers with moral mental fortitude. It additionally cultivates the minister soul of the Bernardine Sisters, esteeming the variety of thought, beliefs, and societies, where imagination is praised and administration is fundamental.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Field: All courses eligible for an undergraduate degree at Alvernia University
- Number of Awards: depending on the 10 scholarships offered for international students
- Duration: up to eight semesters or up to 4 years in total
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Scholarship Value: $10,000 up to $24,000
- Scholarship Country: United States
- Must be an international student who will be admitted as a full-time undergraduate student at the university.
- Must have earned a minimum of 3.0 overall GPA before the application deadline.
- Must have good communication skills in oral and written English, the university will be requiring English proficiency test scores for international students.
- Must have a good academic record.
Interested undergraduate students should present a total application to Alvernia University alongside all supporting documents. Keep in mind that the applicants must keep a duplicate of all records submitted to Alvernia as you will be expected to show them in the future at the American Embassy or Consulate in your country.
As part of the application process, students are required to submit all their grades from the previous school they have attended. All submitted grades will be used to evaluate the student’s potential for the listed scholarship opportunity at Alvernia University. The admission department will determine which scholarship will be granted to the applicants, all scholarship offered by the university is competitive, and it is important to read all the guidelines regarding the application process to be considered.
The application can be done after the student’s admission, late and incomplete applications will not be considered and be automatically rejected by the scholarship committee.
- Secondary School Official Transcript of Records
- Highschool Certificates
- Financial Statements
- Two letters of recommendations
- Foreign Credential Equivalency Report must be a copy of the original documents
The international students who are non-local English speakers or come from a nation where English isn’t the first language will be expected to submit proof of English capability.
- IELTS score of 5.5 or above
- TOEFL PBT score of 550 or above
- TOEFL CBT 190 to 213
- TOEFL IBT score of 75 to 80
- DUOLINGO score of 85 or above
English proficiency test might be deferred in the event that a student has like two continuous years of studying in American secondary education. A transcript of the record from the American school attended should submit verification of capability, except still on verification with the Admissions Office.
Undergraduate Merit-based Scholarship and Value
- Presidential Scholarship– Total value of $24,000 annually and will be awarded to top-tier and talented students who have outstanding academic achievements and standard test scores annually.
- Trustee Scholarships– Total Value of $23,000 annually for eligible applicants who are adventurous and have a related work experience relevant to their chosen program and achievements.
- Veronica Scholarship– Total value of $22,000 annually for international al students who can demonstrate their leadership skills.
- Achievement Scholarship– total value of $18,000 annually for an undergraduate degree who can maintain their full-time degree at the university and meet the GP requirements of the university.
- Catholic Scholarship– Total value of 1,000 for the freshman students who graduated from any Catholic High-school. The scholarship can be combined with other scholarships offered by the university.
- Heritage Scholarship- Total value of $18,000 annually for the full-time students in an undergraduate degree who can maintain the academic requirements of the university.
All scholarships can be renewed annually, and the students are required to maintain the required academics of the university. All international transfer students can also apply for the limited scholarship offered by Alvernia University.
International students must check the deadline of the admission and application to thoroughly complete all the necessary documents needed to further their application.
- For the international students who will be commencing their undergraduate degree in Spring Semester, the deadline for application is until October 1, 2022.
- For the Fall semester, the application and submission of the required materials are until May 1, 2022.
All applications will be reviewed by the admission department along with the scholarship committee, all decisions will be final and recipients of the awards will be notified.