To recognize his leadership skills and his excellence, and to celebrate one of Australia’s leaders, General Sir John Monash Scholarship will be awarded annually to the outstanding Australian graduates who want to pursue or further their education in any of the Worlds best universities. The scholarship is to encourage the outstanding students who have the leadership abilities and can demonstrate their excellence in their chosen, to motivate them to be one of the leaders who can contribute to Australia.
John Monash Scholarship
The John Monash Scholarship is to honor its legacy and his contribution to contribute to better Australia. The scholarship started in 2004 and grew to 233 chosen scholars over the years past it has been one of the scholarships in Australia that becomes competitive and important for the postgraduate students who aim to further their higher education and fulfill their career goals.
The scholarship foundation is supported by the government, organizations, private sectors, universities, and other individuals. It is uniquely established in Australia to provide a scholarship intended for the Australian Citizen to help the nation grow. The scholarship opens its way to all gender, ages, and all chosen fields of outstanding and qualified students to undertake a postgraduate in their chosen universities worldwide.
The scholarship is not restricted, it allows you to complete your higher education at any university abroad that you want to complete your degree s long as the scholars can demonstrate why you have chosen the university and how will it helps you to better improve your knowledge and skills.
The scholars who have received the scholarship from the foundation receive their benefits in both immediate and enduring.
Scholarship Provider: General Sir John Monash Foundation
About the Provider
The foundation was created in 2001 with its mission to encourage every student with academic excellence to grow their leadership skills and harness their talents to help build the country for a better future.
As Sir John Monash believes that to create a better nation requires good leadership that is based on education and how it will apply, the foundation launched the scholarship as part of their mission to help every student who has the abilities to showcase their leadership and to advance the society.
In 2021, John Monash Foundation launched its own academy to ensure the success of all professionals of scholars in the future. The academy is to provide ongoing support, professional developments, and mentorships to those who already completed their education so that they can maximize the impact of the formidable individuals.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicants Nationality: Austalia
- Degree Level: Postgraduate Degree
- Field: Any chosen field
- University: Any chosen institution or university by the successful applicants
- Scholarship Awards: $225,000
- Scholarship Country: Australia
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Duration: 3 years
Before proceeding with the application, interested students must check the eligibility of the scholarship below:
- Applicants must be an Australian Citizen
- Must have completed their undergraduate degree at any of the universities in Australia
- Must be planning to further their postgraduate study at any of the universities worldwide commencing the calendar year for the application and selection date. It is not important that the applicants have already been accepted to the chosen university at the time of the scholarship application.
Note: The scholarship will be supporting any of the postgraduate degrees abroad however the applicants must be able to demonstrate their academic merits on their chosen courses or program and the university. The foundation also encourages every applicant to explore which university has it’s dynamic and where the innovation was done in their chosen field of study.
In general, the scholarship also wants to awards the students who are in the field area of medicine, science, engineering, law, business, humanities, and all aspects of arts which includes music, literature, fine arts, and performance.
Criteria for the scholarship
The scholarship committee is also considering the following:
- Leadership- The applicants must be able to demonstrate their leadership skills experience or their potential with their chosen field and their contribution to the community.
- Excellence– Should have a good academic record with outstanding results, certificates, awards, performances, and other related endeavors.
- The relevance of their chosen studies- It must be specific, must be able to choose the university where they can develop more skills and knowledge to further their education.
- Career pathway that can show evidence that the students can contribute to Australia in the future- The applicants must have a strong commitment to dedicate their career to help build Australia in the future.
Scholarship Application Process
The applicants must check the application opening date and deadline. All applications can be done in an online portal provided by the foundation. The students must be able to register on the portal, open the application form, and must attach the required documents to support their scholarship application.
It is important that all interested applicants must start their application early to be able to complete all the necessary documents. Incomplete and late submission of the scholarship application will not be considered by the foundation. In case the applicant is overseas during the application period, they are required to submit their list of addresses for the video conference purpose allocation.
- Two reference letter
- Academic merits
- Transcript of records
- Degree Certificates
- Other relevant documents to demonstrate your leadership abilities.
The John Monash Foundation will be providing the following benefits to the successful candidates:
- The scholars can choose any university abroad that they think best to support their postgraduate degree.
- The awardee will be receiving $75,000 AUD annually for 3 years in total of $225,000 AUD.
- Travel expenses will also be covered by the scholarship.
The scholarship opens annually every May 1st of the year, and the deadline to com[plete and submit the applciation is until July 14, 2022. The scholarship foundation will be accepting applications annually.
All applicants will be notified of the result between August 16 and 18, all notifications will be sent on the registered e-mail of the applicants. Keep in mind that if your application wasn’t successful, the John Monash Scholarship has no limit on the number of times that the students can apply.