One of the prestigious scholarships in the United Kingdom is now open for application. The Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Program offered by the University of Cambridge in partnership with Mastercard Foundation encouraged the African Students in Masters Degree to apply for the academic year of 2024-2025. The scholarship aims to provide fully-funded assistance to outstanding African Students to complete their higher education and transform their leadership skills to contribute and engage for sustainability in Africa and all over the world.
Source: University of Cambridge
Mastercard Foundation Program
Source: University of Cambridge
The Mastercard Foundation Program was established in 2022 at the University of Cambridge in collaboration with the Mastercard Foundation. More than 500 scholars between 2023 and 2030 will be awarded for the African Continents who will participate in a comprehensive Master’s program. The scholarship initiative is to offer full support to outstanding students from Africa to enable them to complete their master’s degree program, develop their leadership skills, and activate their contribution to a sustainable Africa. The goal of the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship is to foster dynamic groups of individuals, to drive sustainable change.
The scholarship is a fully-funded support to provide students from Africa with complete opportunities to help them achieve their educational and career opportunities in the United Kingdom. The selection criteria for the awards include the following:
- Demonstrate their leadership potential
- Dedication to making a meaningful contribution toward a sustainable future in Africa
- Can demonstrate their exceptional intellectual abilities.
The scholarship encourages students and actively supports diversity, equality, and inclusion, for refugees, women, people with disabilities, and internally displaced individuals. The Mastercard Foundation Scholars have a distinctive advantage in access to comprehensive support and resources offered by the University of Cambridge. The university additional assistance that will help you with any concerns related to studies and life in Cambridge while providing academic guidelines. The foundation held a welcome event and indication program for all new scholars annually.
University Host: The University of Cambridge
About the University
The University of Cambridge has a rich story and history, renowned for its unique iconic university buildings which draw tourists from all over the globe. The university’s museum and collections hold a trove of treasures that provide a fascinating and amazing glimpse into an academic endeavor, contemporary and historical. The University of Cambridge is one of the oldest universities all over the globe. The stand as a self-governing community of students and its global reputation for outstanding academic excellence is the university’s testament to its accomplishments. The university is proud to provide a world-class education and research conducted by its international and local faculty professionals and other college members.
The University of Cambridge has 6 schools, 31 Colleges, and over 150 Faculties and Departments that cover an array of subjects and specialized research areas. Its international student body has more than 20,000 students from 140 countries. As one of the global universities, its mission is to contribute to a larger society through the pursuit of education, research, and learning at the international level of education. The university has a large number of activities and opportunities annually to help broaden the student’s experience and activities to develop more skills and knowledge.
- Applicant’s Nationality: African Citizen
- Degree Level: Master’s Degree
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: NA
- Scholarship Awards: Fully funded
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
The scholarship program offers a full range of disciplines at the University of Cambridge in a Master’s degree. The following courses related to business courses are not eligible for the scholarship award:
- Masters in Business Administration
- Masters in Corporate Law
- Master in Finance
Before proceeding with the application the students must meet the eligibility criteria of the program:
- Applicants must hold a Citizenship from an African country is a prerequisite for scholarship eligibility.
- Permanent residence in an African country is typically required unless temporary absence for study or work with a clear intention to return can be demonstrated, or in cases of displacement.
- Applicants must seek admission to a Master’s program at the University of Cambridge, with a maximum duration of one year.
- Must have good communication skills in oral and written English, and must meet the English Test Score requirements of the university.
- Must be able to demonstrate their academic excellence and leadership skills.
- Applicants must also demonstrate their dedication to helping their home country in a sustainable future.
- Must be holding a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- The applicants must have an intention to return to their home country after the scholarship period.
- Interested eligible applicants must start their application process by applying for admission to the University of Cambridge through the course directory.
- The applicants must ensure that the application will be submitted before the course’s funding deadline.
- The funding application is seamlessly integrated into the course application procedure. As a crucial component of the application process, aspiring scholars must be mandatory to a supplementary statement. The statement should articulate their personal dedication to making substantial contributions toward fostering climate resilience and sustainable futures for Africa. It is important to include your endeavor in how you specifically meet the scholarship program’s criteria.
- As part of the application process, the students will be required to submit additional documents to support their application for the scholarship.
The Mastercard Foundation and the University of Cambridge offer fully-funded support for successful students for the academic year of 2023-2024. All successful scholars will benefit from high-quality education and mentorship support.
- University’s composition fee
- Visa Application Fee
- Airplane Ticket
- Maintenance Allowance
- Training and Mentorship
- Other benefits
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until December 5, 2023.