For the 2021-22 academic year, they have a fully supported bursary available for a student accepted into the MSc in Plant and Fungal Taxonomy, Diversity, and Conservation.
The Bentham-Moxon Trust B.A. Krukoff Fund is offering a bursary to a student who wants to focus their MSc research topic on Tropical African botany. RBG Kew will be in charge of administering the bursary.
About the Scholarship:
In London, where it is unusual to not have to commute to class, Queen Mary’s modest campus is a rare find. Its location in the East End, which includes Spitalfields, Brick Lane, and Columbia Road, is recognized for its ethnic restaurants, shops, and markets where visitors can mix and mingle with the residents. You’ll get a taste of the actual spirit of twenty-first-century London (literally!). Because of its diverse range of subjects, the university is a popular choice for students who need to attend classes from different departments. Because Queen Mary attracts students from all over the world, you’ll notice a distinct international flavor on campus, which will enhance both your academic and social experiences. This 31-year-old UK higher-education school has a stringent admission process based on entrance exams and previous academic records and ratings. Students from all around the world are welcome to apply for admission. Students have access to a library, sports facilities, study abroad and exchange programs, online courses and distance learning possibilities, as well as administrative services at QMUL. Queen Mary has made a strategic commitment to high-quality research, investing in cutting-edge facilities and hiring the greatest scholars from around the world in their fields. Queen Mary’s students and faculty represent more than 160 different nations and cultures, and the university’s research was rated world-class in the most recent assessment of research excellence in UK universities, with another 52 percent ranked internationally excellent. The university offers courses and research in the arts, social sciences, law, medicine and dentistry, as well as science and engineering. Queen Mary University of London, which is located in a creative and culturally diverse neighborhood of east London, has a long-standing commitment to knowledge generation and growth through public involvement. The institution takes pride in the variety of its student body as well as its support for the local community, which includes efforts to promote education and eliminate poverty in London. Mile End, in London’s east end, is home to Queen Mary’s main campus. It houses the majority of the University’s teaching, as well as the main library and numerous residence halls. The neighboring Whitechapel campus is mostly used for medical and scientific research. East London is advantageous because it is not only less expensive than other locations, but it is also adjacent to trendy places such as Shoreditch and Brick Lane. In addition to the counterculture, the area has long been a historic melting pot of cultures from all over the world. London is the United Kingdom’s capital and home to about 8 million people. It has a diverse civilization, with various moods, languages, and customs in different locations. Over 100,000 international students from 43 colleges live in the city, which attracts 15 million tourists each year with to its world-famous museums, restaurants, parks, culture, and nightlife. Queen Mary, University of London is the University of London’s third largest college, having its main campus in the city’s east end. It was founded in 1785 and is a member of the Russell Group of research universities. With over a quarter of its 16,000 students hailing from more than 150 countries, Queen Mary has a strong international reputation. Queen Mary is home to the world’s largest academic health science center, and Barts and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry are well-known for medical teaching and research. Cardiology, infectious diseases, surgery, and dentistry are among the particular departments at Queen Mary’s Medical School. The School of Dentistry has recently relocated to entirely new, cutting-edge facilities.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Queen Mary University
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £21,000
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
- The bursary pays £18,000 for a monthly stipend to cover housing, subsistence, daily travel allowance, and fieldtrip expenses.
- Up to £3,000 is available for visa application fees, the UK Healthcare surcharge fee (as mentioned on the UK Government website), and transport to and from their home town/country only at the start and end of the course. In addition to the student allocation, the Trust will fund the applicable tuition fees.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- For the academic year 2022-23, I’ve been offered a place on the Kew/QMUL Plant and Fungal Taxonomy Diversity and Conservation MSc program. Applicants who have received a conditional offer are also eligible to apply, but if they are given the bursary, they must meet all of the offer’s terms before August 31, 2022.
- Showcase their knowledge of tropical African botany*.
- Demonstrate how they will continue to work in Tropical African Botany* after completing the course and making an impact.
- *Note: In this context, tropical Africa refers to nations that are members of the African Union, as defined by the following list of countries that qualify.
- The bursary recipient must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be able to study in the United Kingdom. All applicants should review the UK visa requirements and application process as soon as possible to ensure that they meet all requirements before the programme begins in September 2022.
- In order to complete an MSc in the 2022-23 academic year, you must not be receiving any other bursaries or awards.
The Queen Mary University of London 2022 B.A. Krukoff Fellowship in Systematics is open to all International Students from Africa
To apply for the B.A. Krukoff Fellowship, please follow the steps below:
- You will be required to provide all of your information as requested by the application.
- Some supporting paperwork will be requested from you (Degree transcript\ Refree details\ Statement of purpose\ CV\ English language certificate). More information on the documents can be found at this site.
- Admissions tutors will review all complete applications. You will be notified of the decision on your application within four weeks of its submission, assuming you have included all relevant evidence.
The application deadline for Queen Mary University of London 2022 B.A. Krukoff Fellowship in Systematics is March 31, 2022. It should be worthy of note that the Queen Mary University of London 2022 B.A. Krukoff Fellowship in Systematics is renewable for each year.