The Department of Population Health provides a Master of Science in Research degree program. One year full time and two years part time are required for completion of the program. Participants in this degree program must complete a Bioethics project (which may include a legal component) under the supervision of the Center for Ethics in Medicine.
Projects should be developed in order to provide a response to a clear normative question. If it is feasible to complete the project within the time range, an empirical component may be included. Although there is no taught component to the degree, the Centre for Ethics in Medicine will provide in-house training when it is deemed essential. Students may receive additional training in the following areas, depending on their previous qualifications and the nature of the project they will be working on:
- Methods of investigation in bioethics
- The Ethics of Health-Care Practice
- Health-care legislation
Participants in existing programs, such as the BSc in Bioethics, will be invited to participate in some of these sessions. Research seminars and supervisor meetings are held to provide additional training opportunities.
About the Scholarship:
The University of Bristol has earned a worldwide reputation for providing high-quality teaching and research opportunities. It combines academic quality with an autonomous, forward-thinking mindset to provide a unique educational experience. Bristol University was established in 1876 and is one of the 24 members of the research-intensive Russell Group. One of the original’red brick’ universities, which were founded in the great industrial capitals of England, it is located in the city of Manchester. The University is ranked tenth in the United Kingdom and 62nd in the globe (QS World University Rankings 2022). It is ranked joint eighth in the United Kingdom for graduate employability (QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2022). The University of Bristol currently has more than 27,000 students from more than 150 countries enrolled in its programs. International students account for around 25% of the student body. The University provides assistance to overseas students throughout the admission process and throughout their academic career. International students can receive individualized career counseling, regardless of whether they intend to remain in the United Kingdom or return to their native country. You can use this service for the duration of your degree and for up to three years after graduation. If you require a visa, the Student Visa Services team is available to assist you prior to arrival and throughout your degree program. Students can receive academic support from their own tutor or supervisor, as well as from the Study Skills service. Tutoring and supervision are optional. The Students’ Health Service provides medical care on campus for students who require it. Online peer assistance, the Student Counseling Service, and the Multifaith Chaplaincy are some of the other resources available to students.
In 2022, the University will contribute £2 million in scholarships for international students, a significant increase over the previous year. Please go to the University of Bristol website for the most up-to-date scholarship information.. The University is a key center for enterprise and innovation, as well as a top-five research institution in the United Kingdom (THE analysis of REF 2014). Eighty-three percent of its research is considered to be “world-leading” or “internationally good” (REF 2014). Bristol’s student housing provides a ready-made community that will assist you in adjusting to life in the United Kingdom. All first-year overseas students are guaranteed a spot in the university (subject to conditions). There are options for both catered and self-catered accommodations. Some of the apartments are located in the city center, while others are located on the outskirts of the city on acres of land. Residences are connected to the campus and other sections of the city by a regular bus service. The University of Bristol is located in the centre of the city of Bristol, in the United Kingdom. A bright and creative environment, with a pleasant and casual ambiance that will make you feel right at home, awaits you here. Greater Manchester is a multi-cultural city with over 450,000 residents hailing from more than 187 countries and speaking 91 different languages. The city’s contemporary facilities are connected by a comprehensive public transportation system. Bristol International Airport is easily accessible, while London is only 90 minutes distant by train. Bristol International Airport is easily accessible. Bristol is ideal for exploring on foot or by bike, and it is home to more parks and green spaces than any other city in the United Kingdom, with over 400 in total. There is always something to do in this city, which is filled with streets lined with vibrant art, eccentric independent businesses, and quiet cafés. Bristol’s dedication to environmental protection is shared by the city as well as the University of Bristol. It was previously designated as the European Green Capital and has been named the greenest city in the United Kingdom (Compare the Market, 2019).
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Bristol
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £20,500
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
The following will be supplied to successful applicants:
- Their MSc-R tuition fees (about £4,500 for one year of full-time study) will be covered by funding.
- A student stipend of £16,000 is provided.
- Research expenses, such as data collecting, transcription, and/or travel/conference costs, are reimbursed.
Scholarships, which are non-repayable cash grants, are one manner in which overseas students can assist with the cost of their studies while studying in Canada.
Here is comprehensive list of International scholarship in Canada for Canadian institutions is provided, including the greatest national and international scholarships, fellowships, and other financial aid.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
This scholarship opportunity is open to the following individuals:
- Candidates having a first-class honours degree (or international equivalent) in a topic relevant to the planned research will have the best chance of being selected. However, the bare minimal criteria to be aware of are as follows:
- Candidates will have earned at least an upper second-class honours degree at the time of application (or international equivalent).
- Projects must fall within the topic area (below) and include an ethical and/or legal dimension that is related to healthcare. Applicants may come from any relevant discipline, but projects must fall within the topic area (below) and include an ethical and/or legal dimension that is related to healthcare.
- Note that if English is not your first language, you will be required to achieve the English Language requirement of Profile B if you wish to be considered. This will be scrutinized by the admissions staff during the second step of the application process.
The University of Bristol 2022 MSc in Healthcare Ethics and Law is open to all International Students
- There is a two-stage application process, the first of which allocates available funding and the second of which secures an opportunity to pursue further studies.
- The first step is to submit an application for Wellcome Trust MSc-R funding. If your application is successful, you will receive a letter from us saying that we intend to offer you with financing if you are accepted into the MSc-R programme. The second step is to submit an application for a position on the MSc-R program, which will be funded by us. Candidates must be successful at both levels in order to be considered for the Wellcome Trust-funded MSc-R program at Imperial College London.
- Prior to Submitting an Application Candidates are encouraged to get in touch with colleagues at the Centre for Ethics in Medicine (email@example.com) to determine whether or not they are eligible to apply and/or whether or not their planned project is appropriate. Important: Please keep in mind that we will not be offering input on draft submissions prior to or during the first stage of the application review process. Candidates who have been offered funding will be assisted in developing their application for a spot on the MSc-R program following the conclusion of the first round.
The application deadline for University of Bristol 2022 MSc in Healthcare Ethics and Law Is April 29, 2022