Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC /TEPNG/AGIP) offers the NNPC/SPDC Joint Venture University Scholarship for Nigerian Students at any of the eligible universities in Nigeria to further their undergraduate degree for the academic year of 2023-2024.
About the Scholarship
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Restricted (Administrator of the NNPC/SPDC/TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture) runs robust scholarship programs which date back to the 1950s and have upheld a huge number of students, most notably from our host networks, a considerable lot of whom are among Nigeria’s business, political and social pioneers. The goal of the SPDC JV scholarship programs is to foster Nigeria’s ability to represent things to come. In facilitation of this goal and to advance academic greatness among youthful Nigerians especially those from the less-favored foundations, the SPDC welcomes applications from reasonably qualified full-time Nigerian Students conceded in the 2020/2021 educational meeting to apply for the SPDC JV University scholarship awards.
The scholarship offered by Shell Petroleum Development Company in the Joint Venture of the NNPC/SPDC/TEPNG/AGIP is to help enhance education and employability in Nigeria. Qualified Nigerian Students must be admitted to a full-time undergraduate degree.
Scholarship Provider: Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria
About the Provider
Shell Petroleum Development Company is one of the oldest energy companies in Nigeria and has a continuing and long-term commitment to the country, economy, and to its community. Shell is one of the global groups of petrochemicals and energy companies with a normal of 93,000 workers in excess of 70 nations. They utilize trend-setting innovations and adopt a creative strategy to assist with building a manageable energy future.
As one of the world’s driving energy organizations, Shell assumes a vital part in assisting with meeting the world’s developing energy interest in monetarily, ecologically, and socially mindful ways. Shell has a background marked by north of 50 years in Nigeria and the most significant impression of all the worldwide oil and gas organizations in the country.
Shell has been dynamic in Nigeria starting around 1937. Shell organizations and ventures have played a spearheading job in coastal, shallow, and profound water oil investigation and creation. Shell has also been at the front of gas development, creating and conveying gas to homegrown purchasers and commodity markets for more than 40 years.
Their core values include integrity, honesty, and respect for the people. As a worldwide energy company working in a challenging world, they set elevated requirements of execution and moral ways of behaving. They are decided by how they act – their company standing is maintained by how they satisfy their guiding principle of trustworthiness, uprightness, and regard for individuals. They were quite possibly the earliest worldwide company to state and share their convictions when they distributed their Overall Business Standards in 1976. As a feature of these standards, they resolve to add to supportable development, adjusting short-and long term interests and incorporating economics, ecological, and social contemplations into their decisions.
In 2018, roughly $5.9 million (N1.78 billion) was put resources into scholarships by The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Restricted worked Joint Venture (SPDC JV) and Shell Nigeria Investigation and Creation Company (SNEPCo).
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: Nigeria
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Field: Any eligible fields for the undergraduate degree at any of the eligible universities in Nigeria.
- Number of Awards: NA
- Scholarship Country: Nigeria
- Scholarship Provider: Shell Petroleum | NNPC
- Scholarship Awards: 200,000 Naira
- Renewable: NA
- Offered Annually: Yes
Scholarship Added Information
The scholarship is a merit-based scholarship that will be divided into two categories:
- National Merit Award
- Areas of Operation Merit Award
Before proceeding with the application the students must meet the eligibility for the scholarship:
- Must be a resident or citizen of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Must be admitted or registered full-time in an undergraduate degree in an approved and accredited university or institution in Nigeria.
- Must be holding proof of admission and must be in 200 level as of January 2023.
- The applicants must not be holding any scholarship or beneficiary of other grants from any Oil and Gas Industry, international or National Scholarships.
- Can demonstrate their academic excellence.
- All applications for the scholarships must be processed in an online portal provided by Shell Company in Nigeria.
- Register and create an account using the SPDC email address.
- Enter the registered email and password and complete the personal information.
- The applicants must be able to provide their personal information such as email and phone number which will be used for the communication intended for the scholarship.
- The applicants must be able to provide a scanned copy of the letter of identification.
- Keep in mind that you have to attach appropriate materials and documents as part of the application process.
- The applicants will be receiving an email and SMS confirmation about the successful application.
- All applications can only be done on a laptop or desktop only.
- Once the application is completed, the applicants will be receiving a receipt of the application to acknowledge the successful application process.
- Keep in mind that there will be no required fee upon application. Shell Company won’t require any application fee or registration fees.
- Shell will not assign any representatives or agents to assist the applicants in their application process.
- An invitation email will be sent to all short-listed students, the short-listed students will be invited to a computer-based test.
As part of the application process, the applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Letter
- University ID card
- Passport photo
- Letter of identification
Shell will be providing financial assistance to successful undergraduates in Nigeria with a maximum amount of 200,000 Naira.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until February 3, 2023.