International students are eligible to apply for fully funded scholarships through the University of Calgary for the academic years 2022-2023. International students enrolling in any undergraduate degree program during the Fall Term are eligible for scholarships of $20,000 and $15,000, respectively, which can be renewed annually. The University of Calgary International Scholarship is a distinguished prize that acknowledges the remarkable achievements of an international student who is beginning their undergraduate studies at the University of Calgary.
The University of Calgary provides its students with a high-quality educational experience that lays the groundwork for them to be successful in life, and it also conducts research that solves the most intractable problems that face society.
About the Scholarship:
The origins of the public research institution known as the University of Calgary may be traced back to the Calgary campus of the University of Alberta. The Alberta Provincial Government made a guarantee to Calgary University in 1957, and as a result, the university’s name was later changed to the University of Alberta in Calgary (UAC). In April of 1966, the University of Calgary broke away from the University of Alberta and became its own independent institution. Prior to this time, it had been a part of the University of Alberta. The University of Calgary has expanded tremendously since it first opened its doors in 1966, when it had just under 4,000 students. Today, it serves more than 33,000 students across its five campuses and maintains a consolidated budget of $1.3 billion.
The rankings at the University of Calgary are a reflection of the institution’s dedication to its vision, which is to create a campus environment that stimulates research, learning, and community; to enrich the student experience; and to advance sustainability. The Academic Ranking of World Universities has placed the University of Calgary in the range of 151-200 internationally and in the top 7-8 spots in Canada for its 2021 rankings. In addition, according to the QS World University Rankings 2022, the University of Calgary is ranked in 10th place in Canada and 235th place globally; meanwhile, according to the Times Higher Education 2022, the University of Calgary is ranked in 8th place in Canada and in the range of 201-250th place globally.
The University of Calgary is comprised of five separate campuses, four of which are located in the greater Calgary area and the fifth of which is located in Doha, Qatar. The main campus is home to 11 of the university’s 14 faculties, while the Foothills campus is where you’ll find the Cumming School of Medicine and the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine. The Downtown campus is where you’ll find select graduate level and executive educational programs offered by the Haskayne School of Business and The School of Public Policy. The Spy Hill campus is where clinical and diagnostic learning takes place, and the Doha campus is where you’ll find Nursing programs. In addition to these facilities, the University of Calgary is home to a marine institute, astrophysical observatories, field stations, and a research site located in the high Arctic. More than 250 different classes are available to students at the University of Calgary in a wide variety of subject areas, including the humanities, sciences, engineering, biology, management, arts, and education, amongst others.
More than 33,000 students are now enrolled at the University of Calgary; of these students, more than 26,000 are engaged in courses at the undergraduate level, and more than 6,000 are enrolled in courses at the graduate level. Students coming from China, India, and Iran make up the majority of those admitted from outside the United States. There are almost 300 Indian students currently enrolled at the university. At the University of Calgary, the Indian Students’ Association plays the role of cultural ambassador for Native American and Indigenous peoples on campus. In addition, the University of Calgary and the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay have worked together to create student exchange programs.
Students at the University of Calgary have access to a wide variety of amenities, including on-campus housing, eating facilities, sports and recreation facilities, research facilities, and more, all of which are designed to make the students feel more at ease and at home on campus. In addition, the university is the home of the Olympic Oval, which was constructed specifically for the 1988 Winter Olympics held in Calgary. It is well known for having the fastest moving ice in the entire planet.
More than 202,500 people have graduated from the University of Calgary, the majority of whom now reside or find employment in the Calgary metropolitan region. Notable graduates include Dr. Elizabeth Cannon, who was awarded the Alberta Order of Excellence; Dr. Barry Sanders, a quantum scientist; Robert Thirsk, an astronaut; and Stephen Harper, who served as the 22nd Prime Minister of Canada, to name just a few.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Calgary
Scholarship Country: Canada
Scholarship Worth: $20,000
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
Calgary’s University of Alberta The following categories are included for scholarships:
- Scholarship for International Students to Enter Canada in the Amount of $20,000 (Renewable)
- $15,000 awarded through the University of Calgary’s International Entrance Scholarship (Renewable)
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Candidates must meet all of the standards listed below to be considered for a scholarship from the University of Calgary, which are as follows:
- The mandatory language is English.
- All countries throughout the world are considered eligible.
- Scholarship for International Students Awarded by Energizing Canada:
- Awarded on a yearly basis to an overseas student attending the University of Calgary who is enrolling in their first year of an undergraduate degree program. Scholarship is renewable in the recipient’s second, third, and fourth years at the University of Calgary, provided they maintain a minimum GPA of 3.00 over the course of a minimum of 24.00 units in the recipient’s prior fall and winter terms.
- Academic merit
- Financial need
- Required to have completed high school at a reputable institution located in China, including Hong Kong and Macau.
- Preference will be given to a student who will be enrolling in either the Bachelor of Arts – Urban Studies program, the Bachelor of Engineering program, the Bachelor of Commerce program, or the Bachelor of Health Sciences program.
- Scholarship for International Students Entering the University of Calgary
- Awarded on an annual basis to undergraduate overseas students who have satisfied the university’s criteria for English Language Proficiency and who will be beginning their first year of study in any undergraduate degree program during the next autumn term. This scholarship is renewable in the recipient’s second, third, and fourth years at the University of Calgary, provided they maintain their status as an international student, continue to pay the international differential tuition fee, and achieve a grade point average of 2.60 or higher across a minimum of 24.00 units earned in the prior fall and winter terms.
- Students from outside of Canada who are not citizens or permanent residents of the country are considered international students and are subject to a different tuition rate.
- Academic merit.
Swansea University encourages all international students to apply for the International Excellence Scholarship. This scholarship is for students who will start their bachelor’s or master’s degree in 2022-2023. The scholarship was set up to help international students with their finances so they could go to college at one of the most prestigious schools in the United Kingdom.
The University of Calgary Scholarships for International Students 2022 is open to all International Students
In order to be considered for this scholarship, please submit your application in accordance with the following instructions:
(1) Submit an application to the university for the undergraduate program that you are interested in:
- You can start your application. To get started, you will need to make a UCalgary eID.
- Make use of the application instructions for assistance with the application that you are submitting.
- Please submit your application and ensure that the application cost of $145 has been paid.
- We will provide you with instructions on how and where to submit any required papers in your Calgary Student Center based on the application you have submitted. For further information, please look at the papers page.
(2) Submit an Application for the Scholarship, and Continue with the Following Steps:
- You can do so by navigating to the myUofC section of the website.
- To access the “My Financials” tab, navigate to the Student Center on your computer.
- Scroll all the way down until you reach the section titled “Awards & Scholarships,” and then click on the link that says “Apply for Undergraduate Awards.” Please verify popups are enabled. If pop-up windows are disabled, the page won’t appear properly.
- Your currently open applications and those that have been recently closed will be displayed in a pop-up window that will appear on your screen. It is imperative that you pay close attention to the dates noted for the Application Available and Application Deadline.
The application deadline for the University of Calgary Scholarships for International Students 2022 Is December 01, 2022