As one of the prestigious grants for international students who want to further their higher education in the field of fine arts, the Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation encouraged all international students to apply for the academic year of 2022-2023.
About the Grants
The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation is one of the most prestigious grants to support talented international students. The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grants for Artists is one platform that gives students who are interested in the dimensions of art an opportunity to develop in a particular field and always contribute to the growth of Canada and their respective countries. The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grant is one of the most popular grants available to emerging figurative artists, and one of the most important. It is one of the longest, with an illustrious history of recipients spanning more than half a century. It is also unique in its scope, as it is available to students and artists worldwide.
The foundation’s grantees are nationally and internationally renowned artists, as well as distinguished art professors, teachers, and educators. The Foundation is very proud of its grants and its achievements. A selection of works by some of the foundation’s previous grantees can be found in the gallery on the website and in the foundation’s office.
The foundation provides financial assistance through grants to young artists who are continuing their studies or are in the early stages of their career, work in a representational style of painting, drawing, sculpture, or printmaking, and have demonstrated the commitment and talent to pursue a lifelong career in their artistic practice. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age to be eligible to apply and must not be older than 41 at the time of their first grant application. Grants are awarded directly to recipients, not through other organizations.
Scholarship Provider: Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation
About the Provider
The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation is a private Canadian charity founded in 1955 by Charles Glass Greenshields, QC, a prominent Montreal lawyer, and amateur artist, in memory of his mother Elizabeth. The foundation provides financial assistance to more than 2,000 students and artists from 80 countries around the world. The Elizabeth Greenshields Foundation Grants for Artists is one platform that gives students who are interested in the dimensions of art the opportunity to develop in a particular field and always contribute to the growth of Canada and their respective countries.
Mr. Greenshields introduced the fund to be used by young artists to acquire the training, skills, and abilities necessary for the art form. – A method in their work. ” The idea explained by Mr. Greenshields in his gifts has influenced the work of the foundation for the past 60 years and continues to this day. The Foundation provides financial support through scholarships to young artists who are pursuing their studies or are at the start or development of their careers, working in the representation of painting, drawing, sculpture, or art. Determination and skill to pursue a life in the arts. The Foundation does not fund research that is not abstract or objective.
Greenshields considers serious training in the art of teaching to be essential to the growth and development of an artist. Its relationship with the art world makes it difficult for artists to obtain the financial support they need to pursue their studies. His determination to help emerging artists led Greenshields to establish a foundation to facilitate the advancement of top artists in a particular field. Charles Greenshields served the Foundation directly for the first 13 years of its inception and remained with the organization until his death in 1974. His vision and mission continued through the foundation to which he donated.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Field: Visual Arts, Fine arts
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: NA
- Scholarship Amount; $20, 000
- Scholarship Country: Canada
- Renewable: NA
- Offered Annually: Yes
To proceed with the application, the students must meet the eligibility requirements of the foundation.
- The applicants must have a style and discipline, working in drawing, painting, printmaking, or sculpture.
- Must be admitted as an undergraduate degree student and 18 years old and must not be older than 41 years old at the time of the application.
- The scholarship is only intended for the students who are studying or admitted in the field of arts.
- In particular, the following course falls outside the authority of the Institute and are not eligible for funding: graphic design; photography; video art; movies; digital art; Arts and crafts; dentistry; Any work created using photographs or digital images as a medium, or a computer or graphics, and any work generally falls into the above category.
- All citizens around the world can apply for grants.
Eligible applicants can start their application through an online portal provided by the foundation, the application can only be made at the portal, all applications that have been sent through the foundation’s email will not be considered and will be automatically rejected.
As part of the application process, the student applicants must submit the following documents to support their applications.
- Personal Information must be completed on the application form provided by the foundation, e.g contact information, name, gender, citizenship, and how you found out about the foundation. Applicants may include the scholarship provider’s website URL in the application form.
- Identity proof, students can provide their government IDs, Citizenship, and other valid ID.
- List of the universities or colleges you attended art studies.
- List of exhibitions, where the applicants have displayed their work of art or sample work.
- Budget for the course, projects, and training.
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of academic acceptance
Applicants will typically receive a response within three to four months, however, the review process may take up to six months after we have confirmed receipt of a complete and qualified application. The foundation does not ‘rush’ applicants, regardless of the circumstances. Therefore, they encourage all applicants to submit their applications at least six months before the start date of their project and/or funding need.
The foundation will provide an award amounting to $17,0000 to up to $20,000 to the successful students.
The deadline to complete and submit the application will be until December 2022, the application will be open all year round in 2022.