The Univesity of Sydney in Australia annually provides scholarships and bursaries for undergraduate and postgraduate local and international students. They have an array of scholarships that fits every student’s needs, dedicated to supporting outstanding students throughout their time at the university.
For the academic year of 2022-2023, the University of Sydney is proud to offer the Faculty of Arts and Social Science for Exceptional International Students Scholarships, which aims to support the outstanding students who will be commencing their undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Arts and Social Science for the academic year of 2022-2023.
International students who are interested to pursue their higher education in Australia can start their application and be awarded a total value of $20,000 per annum. The scholarship award is to help international students to lessen their financial burden and to further their educational journey in Australia. To create their future goals and to create new leaders who can contribute to the university and to their home country community.
Scholarship Provider: University of Sydney
About the Provider
One of the best public research universities in Australia, the University of Sydney is ranked 27th among the best universities in the world. Consistently ranked among the top 50 universities in the world, the university has a strong belief in universal education and leadership that improves lives in all the communities it serves.
The University of Sydney is an internationally renowned university, consistently ranked among the top 50 universities in the world for leadership in education, research, student experience, and graduate employment opportunities. It is known for its excellent research and teaching. He is committed to supporting Sydney University students throughout their academic careers.
The University promotes leadership by providing excellence in research, learning, and teaching and offering a wide range of programs to better give students an option to grow and develop more knowledge and skills.
Faculty of Arts and Social Science at the University of Sydney
The faculty is socially committed, creative, and diverse. Instill analytical rigor, cross-cultural understanding, and creative thinking, producing graduates who are capable of solving large-scale global problems. The Faculty of Arts and Social Science is directed toward the 21st century. In a technology-driven global world, they provide a socially conscious and academically rigorous learning environment that embraces complexity and diversity.
The faculty is also a home for outstanding scholars, when you choose to study at the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, you choose to join a dynamic and academically rigorous community where you can enhance your research and critical thinking skills—wherever your interests lie in the arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Bachelor’s and Master’s degree level
- Field: Arts and Social Science
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: Full-time
- Scholarship Awards: $20,000
- Scholarship Country: Australia
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application process, the international students must meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarship.
- Must be an international student and hold an unconditional offer of admission in full-time study in an undergraduate or master’s degree CRICOS degree registered in the Faculty of Arts and Social Science at the University.
- Must be admitted in a full-time study at the applicable course and degree.
- The students who will be commencing a second degree at the university are eligible as long as they provide proof that they have not received any of the awards or held these previous awards.
- The applicants who are applying with credits from a partnered university are eligible to apply and must not exceed the credits.
There will be no separate application for the awards, the international students must be holding an unconditional offer to study for a full-time degree at the University of Sydney.
Applicants must be able to provide the following documents for the admission:
- Academic Transcript of records
- Scholarship Documentations
The International students are required to have good communication skills in oral and written English. Providing evidence of Englishy Language is required, latest TOEFL and IELTS will be accepted.
- The scholarship panel will evaluate the student’s applications.
- The scholarship will be based on the academic merits of the applicants.
- The panel’s decision will be final and will be awarded by the Dean of the Faculty or will be nominated by the delegates.
- The scholarship is worth $20,000 per year for up to one year.
- The amount will be paid in two equal installments after the respective semester cut-off date.
- The scholarship cannot be terminated and can be deferred for up to 12 months.
- Transferable to another degree program at the Faculty of Arts and Social Science which is eligible to be funded.
- Scholarships are awarded subject to the availability of funds with No other amount will be paid.
- The recipient of the scholarship award must be able to maintain their academic marks of 65.
- Recipients making exchanges during the term of this award must have reached the Satisfaction Level (SR) to receive the next payment.
- The scholarship awards can be terminated if the students failed to meet the eligible academic merit of the awards, cancel registration or do not participate in a study program that meets the requirements, become the original student before the relevant enumeration date, and accept any other scholarships.
- The recipient of the award must be agreed to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship.
Once the scholarship has been terminated, the students must pay their educational fee at the university and the scholarship cannot be reinstated.
The deadline to complete and submit the admission and application is until June 30, 2022. late and incomplete applications will not be considered.
The scholarship will be offered annually by the University of Sydney.