Army Scholarship Foundation wants to invite the children of the US army members to apply for the scholarship for the academic year of 2022-2023. The scholarship will be a one-time award annually which awards financial support to the outstanding son or daughter of a US army who will be commencing their undergraduate degree in any university, institution, or college in the USA.
Army Scholarship Foundation
As part of giving respect and honor to the United States Army, the foundation wants to offer scholarship awards to support and provide financial aid to their children who wil be admitted as an undergraduate in any program and university in the USA. The scholarship award range to up to $2,000 and the scholarship can be renewed for up to four years depending on the academic merit of the students and other relevant community participation in any chosen university.
Scholarship Provider: Army Scholarship Foundation
About the Provider
The Army Scholarship Foundation is a non-profit organization that is committed to providing a scholarship to the outstanding children of the US army who are still currently serving the country and an active former member of the US army.
The group of the US Veterans c created the foundation in the year 2001 to assist the family members f the soldiers and be able to achieve the educational goals of their family with the help of the scholarship offers and sponsorships.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Nationality: US Citizen
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Field: Any chosen field courses for the undergraduate degree
- Scholarship Awards: $500-$2,000
- Scholarship Duration: For up to four years
- Scholarship Country: USA
Interested students must be able to meet the scholarship eligibility below:
- Must be a son or daughter of a former or active US army with good standing.
- A spouse of an active member of the US Army with a good standing
- Children of the US army who have received a medical or honorable discharge, who died while serving in the military.
- The students must be in their secondary school at the senior level, secondary school graduates, admitted as undergraduate students, or will be admitted in an undergraduate degree in any institution or university in the USA.
- Must be a US Citizen
- GPA score of 2.0 on a scale of 4.0 or equivalent.
- Must not reach the age of 24 during the applciation deadline if the students will be applying as the children of the army.
- Must be in an undergraduate program and not yet earned their degree.
The application process can be done in two separate and distinct applications, the application will be depending on your status as a family member of a US Army.
- For the children of the US Army who are currently active and formerly active on serving or an army who have died while serving the country, medical discharge, honorable discharge you must fill out and submit an application entitled “ASF Application Form-daughter, either a Microsoft Word .doc file or an Adobe .pdf file“.
- If you are a Spouse of an active member of the US National Guard in good condition, full and return the application titled “ASF Application Form -Spouse Microsoft Word .doc file or Adobe .pdf file“.
- Fill out only one eligible version of the application form. The form must contain complete information about students including complete SSAN, email, home address, contact number, and other relevant information as listed in the application.
- The foundation should be able to contact you with questions about the information submitted or for the notification of the scholarship awards.
Required Documents for the Scholarship Application
Transcript of Records
The transcript of records must be in the secondary school reports it should be sent along with the application forms. The applicants must be able to indicate the chosen college majors.
The applicants must be able to submit an essay outlining six topics of the following composing in 300 words.
- What do you value most and what is important in your life and why?
- Describe a community service e or other activities where you are currently involved and have a great impact on your life.
- Any particular events which affect you in terms of emotional, spiritual, social, and physical give you a good insight as a person.
- How do you value higher education and what will be an opportunity for you if you achieve it?
- Are Military Values has influenced your life?
- Who is your hero?
The applicants must be able to submit a photo of themselves and write their name at the back of the photo, the photo must be suitable for the scholarship awards, the photo will be used on the scholarship website.
Other Important Requirements:
- Application Forms, the application forms must be signed by the students and the parents or spouse.
- Copy of statements of good service or DD214.
- IRS Tax Return Form
- SAR Aid report
The application process must be followed thoroughly, late and incomplete applications will not be considered or accepted by the foundation. All application forms must be signed and printed.
Application forms and other important documents to support your scholarship application must be sent to the foundation via US Portal Services.
The deserving undergraduate students will be receiving an award amounting to $500 up to $2,000 that can be used towards their study expenses at any institution, college, or university in the USA.
The scholarship award can be renewed annually for up to four years, the renewal can be processed by submitting a renewal application or be able to maintain good academic merit during the student undergraduate degree and participating in community services at the university or any other relevant services.
The deadline for submission of the application and other documents is until April 15, 2022. The scholarship will be offered annually by the Army Scholarship Foundation.
The foundation will notify the scholarship awardee for the academic year of 2022-2023. Due to a large number of scholarship applications, the foundation will not acknowledge every receipt of the applications, all decisions can be made in approximately 120 days after the deadline period.