The Beaver is an organization that was curated by heavy engineering businesses and individuals who have created expert careers out of this engineering construction subject. This organization foundation looks to help other heavy construction businesses and college students who are currently studying this subject.
The Beaver foundation has been around since 1955. This group holds multiple events, get-togethers, and award parties to encourage and help those that deserve to be seen for their extraordinary skills.
Applicants can apply for a membership to this organization which contains:
- Contractor Membership – heavy construction refers to objects that are under extreme creation of renovation like highways, dams, pipelines, bridges, tunnels, power plants and marine projects.
- Associate Membership – For businesses or firms that have been in the heavy construction industry for no less than 8 years.
- Individual Membership – This can be anyone who is currently an officer, stockholder, owner, partner or employee at a construction firm.
- Emeritus Membership – For long standing members of this organization but have retired.
- Academic Membership – For professors at any U.S. college/university who is teaching this type of engineering.
- Honorary Membership – Individuals who have been chosen or awarded for their outstanding contribution to the construction world.
Accredited construction/heavy engineering universities or colleges:
- California Baptist University
- Arizona State University
- SUNY College of Technology at Alfred
- Baton Rouge Community College
- Bradley University
- Gwinnett Technical College
- Ferris State University
- Tarrant County College District
- The University of Louisiana at Monroe
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
- Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
- Kent State University
- North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University
- Missouri State University
- Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Dallas College North Lake Campus
- Salt Lake Community College
- South Dakota State University
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic
This is not the whole list of available accredit universities/college.
- Applicants must be a United States citizen when applying.
- Applicants must share finical burdens or struggles.
- Each applying applicant must be a full-time university student that is showing financial struggle.
- Students will need to show that they are currently enrolled in an accredit university in the subject field of ‘heavy construction’ or similar/related field.
- All applicants need to show their resume or CV that shows they have either summer or part-time work in construction.
- A statement of intention or pursue based on why the individual has chosen this career path.
- A general outline and understanding as to what the student will use the funding amount for and why.
The biggest requirements that keeps popping up is that the individual must have some type of experience in heavy construction or heavy engineering.
This scholarship is not available to international students at this time, however, this could change in the near future.
The statement of purpose needed should include the reasons as to why the student has chosen such a difficult subject as a career path. The more a student is passionate about their heavy construction field, the better the chance at becoming a recipient.
How to Apply
The only way to apply is by using the e-mail that is present in the contact section. This way, every applicant will need to gather their important information, photo scan, and send that scanned copy via e-mail.
Students can also contact the e-mail address and ask if their is any set way in which everything should be sent. For example should everything be in a compressed zip file or a form of compressed PDF file.
Reward – Extra Benefits
This reward amount can extend past $2,000 to help with any financial assistance that a student may need. This means every applicant should explain their financial burdens to better fit the eligibility that is required.
This amount can only be used to cover education costs, this amount cannot be used for personal gain or personal expenses.
If a student decides to defer or take a gap a year while working under this scholarship. There is a probable outcome that the student may have to pay back a percentage if they do not follow the rules that the scholarship states.
Deadline Time Line
There is no official deadline date, students can send in their application at any point when they are currently or will be entering their Master’s degree levels.
Here at Pick a Scholarship we offer a full range scholarship database for all students looking for varying degree levels. While we provide exact information for each scholarship application and when the deadlines/open submission windows are held. We offer a contact section on each post where the admissions of the university or the director of a private sponsor can be reached to give more information or details.
All applicants should consult the e-mail address if a question has not been answered. Beforehand to check the university ‘FAQs’ page to see if anything can be answered right away.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame is currently open and is open each year, year round. Simply because the organization does not want to include a deadline since students will send in their applications in the Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter months.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to reviewed or changed before submitting their application.
Anyone can sign up to receive university newsletters to stay updated on the latest information.
Annual and Renewable Scholarship Options
This is a annual scholarship that awards at least two students per academic year. Which makes this a competitive scholarship.
This scholarship is not a renewable application and students that have won before, will not be able to apply for a second time.
However, if a person has applied once and did not become a recipient, they can apply for a second time to see if they can become a recipient.
Another construction scholarship to look at and see if you fit the eligibility requirements is the Orascom Construction Onsi Sawiris Undergraduate Scholarship for Egyptians which is an annual opportunity. Pick a Scholarship has several construction opportunities available for both vocational students, college students, or even teachers looking to expand their career subject.