This award has been made possible through the generous donation of Conestoga employee, Bhanu Vashishth, in honor of his father, Narhari Sharma who lived to help others, had a strong personal vision, and was considered a true leader.
The Narhari Sharma Memorial Award is presented to a student who displays these same qualities of love, wisdom, strength, vision, courage and selflessness. It’s an honor for these same qualities to be recognized in international students by Conestoga employees.
Conestoga College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning is a public college located in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. Established in 1967, Conestoga serves approximately 23,000 registered students through campuses and training centers in Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph, Stratford, Ingersoll, and Brantford with an enrollment of 11,000 full-time students, 30,000 part-time students, and 3,300 apprenticeship students.
The college was founded in 1947 as the Conestoga College of Applied Arts and Technology, one of many such institutions established in that time by the Ontario government to grant diplomas and certificates in career-related, skills-oriented programs. It was renamed in 2012 when the government extended the school’s reach, namely to grant degrees in technology-based fields.
Conestoga College is one of Ontario’s fastest growing colleges, with enrollment growth of more than 42 per cent over the last five years. Adding a consistency that allowed the college to rank among the very best of Ontario’s colleges for graduate employment as well as student, graduate and employer satisfaction. Conestoga College has shown more than 200 certificate, diploma, degree and post-graduate programs, many with co-op options.
However, established in 1967, Conestoga is a leader in polytechnic education and one of Ontario’s fastest growing public colleges. Today, we have more than 18,500 full-time students studying, learning and evolving at our eight campuses and training centers, plus 30,000 continuing education registrations in over 200 programs. Our approach to learning is unique: small class sizes and hands-on, project-based learning
- All applicants have been able to demonstrated wisdom, strength, vision, courage and selflessness
- The applicants have been able to demonstrated true leadership through innovation
- All applicants can show that they have gone out of their way to help others achieve their goals
- International students can apply/This is open to domestic students as well
- There is no age limit on this scholarship, students from 18 years of age – 45 years of age have been granted this scholarship in the past
- All subject study fields are welcomed
All potential individuals who wish to apply must first become enrolled or accepted to Conestoga College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning beforehand. Any degree program or field study can be chosen as a major when applying for this scholarship.
Applicants will need to send in there:
- Photo I.D.
- Letter of Recommendation, just one
- Acceptance of Enrollment
- Degree study
- And any additional documents that may be asked for
Full admissions requirements will be needed from each applicant. For a diploma or accredited certificate there should be a rating of no less than 6.0 IELTS Academic (with no band less than 5.5). Followed by, a degree with no less than 6.5 IELTS Academic (with no band less than 6.0). Along with graduation certificate of 88 and must show (Some IT/engineering program required test scores may vary) 6.5 IELTS Academic (with no band less than 6.0).
How to Apply
First all students who want to submit this scholarship application will need to register with the website listed. Then click on the “My Awards” tab that is available.
Students will need to select the term then intend to use this award when they have been chosen to receive it. Next, the recipient will need to input their financial status and information.
Students will need to provide basic information such as full name, current address, current email, and native country.
To submit the application correctly, students should follow this general outline guide to success:
- Applicants must be an international student in good academic standing.
- Applicants may be nominated by any Conestoga employee/faculty.
- The appointed individual (nominated) must provide a detailed explanation and may include specific examples to support how the candidate meets the criteria: such as testimonials, media clippings, etc.
- All completed nominations to be submitted to Student Financial Services, Main Floor, Welcome Center.
Reward – Extra Benefits
Recipients will be awarded $1,000 with an additional extra $1,000, totaling to $2,000, to use towards paying tuition fees. The award money can not be used for anything else outside of educational purposes.
No matter the waived fee, all students must pay a $1,500 mandatory, non-refundable tuition deposit at the beginning of the semester, this is required in order to secure a place in the program. Otherwise, the program will not be secured for the student and they can be bumped from the student list for that program.
Students are expected to make four semester payment dates throughout their full-year term.
If an international student decides to withdrawal within 10 days of the beginning of a term or the beginning of the period for which the student paid fees in the case of a non-term or continuous intake program of instruction, the student shall receive:
- a refund of the full tuition and ancillary fees for the term less a $200 administrative fee if withdrawal is made prior to the non-refundable deposit due date.
- a refund of the full tuition and ancillary fees for the term or program less the non-refundable deposit if withdrawal is made after the deposit due date *or if withdrawal is made after a deferral admission had been given.
- a refund in full of any tuition and ancillary fees paid in advance for subsequent terms.
- a refund in full of any fees paid in advance for subsequent terms. This also applies to students who do not register on a term basis.
The college has changed their deadline date to an ongoing invitation for students to send in their applications when they can. That is students can send in their applications for the school year they intend to attend.
Application assessment and admission decisions will be made on an ongoing basis. Processing time may increase for applicants required to submit a portfolio or attend a SKYPE information session.
Open Submission Time Frame
Until further notice, this university is accepting scholarships around the clock. This means at any time and any day before the new year.
This is an annual scholarship has changed and is no occurring on a semi-regular basis. This is to allow students enough time to access their scholarship and the idea that students can send in their application for the school year in which they intend to attend.