The University of Manitoba is a non-denominational, public research university in the province of Manitoba, Canada. Founded in 1877, it is the first university of western Canada. This scholarship is for the student to attend the University in 2022, not 2023.
This scholarship is strictly only for new entry level students, so soon to be college freshmen.
- Must be a new student who has been accepted to the University of Manitoba.
- This scholarship can not be used for anyone who has already attended a single year or more at the university.
- All students must have their visa’s ready (if not contact the University to rearrange a meeting to discuss student visa arrangements before arriving in Canada)
- Students can be studying any career field to apply.
- International students are preferred and will be treated as first come first serve when going through application that have been submitted.
- Students from Canada can apply but international students are preferred.
- All students needs to have their official documents ready to apply to the University first, afterwards that student needs to have their acceptance letter and send in a copy of the acceptance letter in with the scholarship to confirm that the student is a first year attending the University.
The main requirements is to apply and receive an offer letter to any ICM program. The number one requirements needed for this scholarship is that only new ICM students can apply for the September 2022 university year. If a student tries to reuse the scholarship if the won prior will be dismissed.
How to Apply
First off, all students must know that they will need to write either an original 500-word essay or record a 60-90 second video on why you want to study at ICM and the University of Manitoba.
Students must only submit their scholarships using the online application form, not any other form. Only the website’s scholarship portal is the correct way to submit this application.
All individuals who submit in an application correctly will be notified by email if they have been chosen to receive this award.
An added note to the students applying is that this scholarship will be awarded as a tuition credit 6 weeks after the start of the intake and has no cash value.
Based on how the student will be selected as the winner of this scholarship will be based on creativity and originality of their essay.
Individuals who apply can apply for the University of Manitoba’s $2,000 entry scholarship. This award can not be used for a later date or future school year, this is a one time use scholarship for the current year a student is hoping to reside in.
This scholarship has been measured to equal out to 10% of the tuition for this university. Also, this scholarship is held up for 8 units of study within one program only with a Navitas member institution, this involves if a student has family that has won the program before.
All applications close on December 10, 2021 making this the official deadline for the 2022 school year.
This is an annual scholarship that has a deadline date on every December 10th.