St. Lawrence College is a College of Applied Arts and Technology with three campuses that happen to be located in Eastern Ontario, namely Brockville, Cornwall, and Kingston. The college was founded in 1969 around September.
However, most of the period campuses that make up the St. Lawrence College area were originally founded during the period 1967. This was as part of the province’s initiative to create many such institutions at the time. These schools were designed to provide career-oriented diploma and certificate courses, as well as continuing education programs in the communities in which they are located.
Some of the earliest full-time courses offered included such programs as Business Administration, Home Economics, Early Childhood Education, Engineering Technology, and Electronics Technician. Today, about 89 programs are offered.
To provide a little insight into the college’s history since 2017 academic record, the St. Lawrence College has received accreditation to offer Baccalaureate Degree programs in the following areas:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN) (in partnership with Laurentian University)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (in partnership with Laurentian University)
- Honors Bachelor of Behavioural Psychology
Key Performance Indicators Annual Results for April 2017 indicate the following statistics for St. Lawrence College:
- 100% of employers were satisfied with the quality of the educational preparation of St. Lawrence College graduates.
- 86.5% of SLC graduates found employment within six months of graduation.
- 84.5% of graduates were satisfied with the usefulness of their SLC education in achieving their goals after graduation.
- 80% of students were satisfied with the overall quality of services, programming, and resources available to them at SLC.
Even more, avenues for students to choose as a field major or study more into would be these categories:
- Applied Arts
- Community Services
- Computer and Engineering Technology
- Justice Studies
- Health Sciences
- Skilled Trades and Apprenticeships
- Hospitality and Culinary Arts
- Graphic Design
Luckily, the Government of Canada sponsors an Aboriginal Bursaries Search Tool that lists over 680 scholarships, bursaries, and other incentives offered by governments, universities, and industry to support Aboriginal post-secondary participation. St. Lawrence College scholarships for Aboriginal, First Nations, and Metis students. Which includes Brown’s First Nations Opportunities Bursary, Aboriginal Postsecondary Education, and Training Bursary.
- Must be an entrance student or a returning student.
- Must be an international student only – not a domestic student from Canada
- However, if the international student is a former graduate of a Canadian High School, College, or University other than St. Lawrence College. St. Lawrence College graduates, please refer to SLC Loyalty Scholarship that is available – for sophomores, juniors, and senior college students.
- Students male or female can apply for this scholarship.
- Only undergraduates can apply, postgraduates or doctoral graduates would need to apply for a separate scholarship with this one being possibility applied to as well (depends on what admissions agrees upon)
International students who intend to apply should have already received an enrollment acceptance letter from St. Lawerence College in Ontario, Canada before filling out the application. This is so that the student can go ahead and start the student visa process needed to attend university in Canada.
On the application provided in the link below, students will need to identify how they themselves can apply themselves to the betterment Canadian campus life can offer.
Students will need to have all of their official government documents photocopied or scanned to send in via online to immigration services to show that they intend to attend a full-course program year at St. Lawrence College. Otherwise, a student may be denied if they only plan on attending for a 6-month duration both from the application process and a student visa.
How to Apply
The only way to apply for this scholarship is to apply for it online through the website link. It is stated on the website that students will not be taken to a third-party website to apply for the application, so if a student ends up on a third-party website, they have clicked on something else that is not the application.
The application will need the student to provide basic information such as a current address, full name, current e-mail address, high school transcripts, 2-3 letters of recommendation, and to always provide the correct information.
Nothing should be left blank unless authorized by admissions to do so.
Be sure to follow these four quality control steps:
- Review the criteria of various awards to ensure this student included all applicable information on the application before submission… to be considered for all awards they could be eligible for.
- Read the questions over carefully.
- Only answer the questions best to the student’s ability, and share how all the criteria will be met.
- Always go through and re-read answers and correct any spelling or grammar errors.
Reward – Extra Benefits
Once a chosen student has been selected they can immediately go to their account to see that the accredited amount of money will be sent directly to their college bank account.
However, if the student wants excess funds on their account to pay future student and tuition fees they can visit or contact their academic school and request that a tuition refund will be issued to them. Please be aware that it may take 2 -3 weeks before anyone would receive their refund.
The recipient will receive $2,000 CAD to go towards tuition fees and general tuition coverage. There is the possibility that up to $4,000 CAD could be applied to the recipient’s account and redeemable towards the second-semester tuition fees.
The 2021 deadline for September has already passed, so students will need to wait for the next deadline which is January 15, 2022. And this January 15, 2022, will be for incoming Winter applications for 2022.
The full deadline date list:
- Winter 2022 applicants: January 15, 2022
- Spring 2022 applicants: May 15, 2022
- Fall 2022 applicants: September 15, 2022
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open time frame submission time goes from October 2021 – January 2022 (Winter submission window), January 2022 – May 2022 (Spring submission window), and finally May 2022 – September 2022 (Fall submission window).
This is not only an annual scholarship but this scholarship is available three times a year for new incoming international students. The deadline dates are subject to change so everyone should check back to see if any of the dates have changed for any given reason.