The IMF Youth Fellowship Program (YFP) allows young leaders aged 20 to 35 worldwide to actively participate in our global initiative to create a better future by tackling global economic challenges. Through the YFP, participants have the opportunity to join the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and play a vital role in our efforts to address and respond to the pressing economic issues facing our world. This program aims to foster the development of young talent, empower them to contribute their skills and ideas and shape the future of global economic policies and initiatives.
Why apply for the Fellowship Program?
The IMF Youth Fellowship Program (YFP) is a highly sought-after program focused on enhancing skills and capabilities. Since its inception in August 2020, it has garnered significant attention with over 9,000 applicants. In the current year, the IMF is generously sponsoring chosen participants to partake in the prestigious World Bank-IMF Annual Meetings held in Marrakech, Morocco.
- IMF YFP seeks youth fellows dedicated to fostering resilient and inclusive growth for all, with a particular focus on young people.
- Selected youth fellows will participate in in-person workshops led by IMF management, senior staff, and external experts.
- They will have access to seminars and events during the Annual Meetings in Marrakech.
- The IMF will cover travel and related expenses for the selected candidates.
- Opportunities to meet scholars, activists, leaders, and experts will be provided, fostering valuable connections with global youth fellows.
- Selected candidates will join the IMF Youth Network, connecting with past IMF Youth Fellows and receiving updates on future opportunities, events, and publications.
Ready to make a global impact? Join the IMF YFP and help shape a future of inclusive growth for youth worldwide. Unleash your potential, connect with like-minded peers, and amplify your voice on a global stage. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to be part of the IMF’s mission to drive positive change. Apply now and embark on a journey of empowerment, collaboration, and making a lasting difference. The world is waiting for your unique contribution, seize the moment with the IMF YFP!
Fellowship Provider: International Monetary Fund(IMF)
About the Provider
Established in 1944 after the Great Depression, the IMF was created by 44 founding member countries to foster global economic cooperation. Now, with an impressive membership of 190 countries and staff from 150 nations, the IMF is a global entity committed to accountability and governance. Its structure ensures that it remains answerable to the diverse nations that comprise its membership, providing a platform for international collaboration and economic stability.
The IMF was financed by the IMF’s resources which mainly come from the money that countries pay as their capital subscription or called quotas when they become members. Each member of the IMF is assigned a quota, based broadly on its relative position in the world economy. Countries can then borrow from this pool when they fall into financial difficulty. IMF also provides loans which also include emergency loans to the member countries. The emergency loans aim to provide assistance to build the international reserve and stable currencies to continue with their imports and restore economic growth.
- Applicant’s Nationality: Citizen of the Member of IMF Countries
- Degree Level: Any degree
- Fields: International Relations, Economics, Mass Communications
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: NA
- Scholarship Awards: Fully-funded
- Country: Morrocco
- Renewable: NA
- Offered Annually: Yes
Interested applicants must meet the following criteria for the fellowship program offered by the IMF:
- Age: Applicants must be between 20 and 35 years old as of October 15, 2023.
- Demonstrated Experience: Successful applicants should showcase experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Engaging in social activism or involvement with civil society organizations.
- Demonstrating entrepreneurship or active participation in startup ventures.
- Contributing to content creation or influencing independent platforms.
- Knowledge and Expertise: Applicants should possess knowledge and expertise in international studies, basic economics, and development issues, with a specific emphasis on inclusive economic growth, the digital economy, or climate change.
- Education: Applicants should have completed or be currently pursuing studies in fields such as international relations and development, communications, economics, or related disciplines.
- Public Speaking Skills: Applicants should exhibit strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Nationality: Applicants must hold citizenship in a country that is a member of the IMF.
- Government Affiliation: Applicants should not currently have any affiliations with government institutions.
- Previous Fellowship: Applicants should not have previously participated as a fellow in the YFP.
To apply for the IMF Youth Fellowship Program (YFP) for the 2023-24 term in Morocco, simply submit your application online. The application can be accessed in an online portal provided by the IMF. IMF recommends the applicants be familiar with the program details and submit the application promptly, without waiting for the deadline.
The fellowship offers the unique opportunity to help the students be engaged in impactful work and gain valuable experience. By participating in this prestigious program, you will have the chance to contribute to the IMF’s efforts in addressing global economic challenges and building a more inclusive future.
The application can be submitted in English, French, or Arabic. Keep in mind that the application may require additional documents.
- Selected candidates for the IMF Youth Fellowship Program (YFP) will receive financial support for travel and related expenses, ensuring that participation is accessible to all. This opens doors to incredible opportunities for networking and collaboration.
- During the program, selected candidates will have the chance to meet scholars, activists, leaders, and experts. This invaluable interaction will foster the creation of lasting connections with other passionate youth fellows from diverse backgrounds around the globe.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until June 30, 2023.