Hill Foundation aims to provide scholarships for Russians with good academic abilities at the University of Oxford. The Hill Foundation’s mission is to build a community of scholars who shares the values of Oxford and lead a betterment for Russian life and culture.
For the academic year of 2023-2024, up to 15 full scholarships will be awarded to candidates who are resident of the Russian Federation and wants to apply for a full-time master’s degree or Doctoral degree in Philosophy at the University of Oxford.
The models of the Hill Scholarships will emphasize, close by educational fulfillment, a progression of human characteristics including truth and boldness, compassion toward and security of the powerless, generosity, unselfishness, and partnership. Oxford’s international profile matches any university worldwide, featured by the broadness and profundity of its joint research efforts and a genuinely worldwide understudy body and academic staff.
Scholarship Provider: University of Oxford
About the Provider
Oxford is an exceptional and memorable foundation. As the most seasoned university in the English-talking world, it can make a case for nine centuries of continuous presence. Oxford turned into a center for enthusiastic contention with scholars associated with religious and political questions.
From 1878 the academic hall was laid out for ladies, who were conceded as full individuals from the University in 1920. All by 1986, Oxford’s male colleges had changed their resolutions to concede ladies, and, beginning around 2008, all colleges conceded people. In the twelfth century, various learned scholars started to show up and get comfortable in the town of Oxford. The students showed up to pay attention to the lectures. In 1249 the primary school was established as a home for them. This was the beginning of Oxford University which today has 38 self-governing residential colleges for undergrad and post-graduate students.
Most colleges are ready to concede students in the majority of the subjects accessible for learning at Oxford, yet there are a few colleges that have practical experience in unambiguous regions. There are additionally six ‘long-lasting confidential corridors’, established by different Christian categories, which hold their religious person and concede undergrad and graduate students.
Oxford is focused on enrolling the best competitors from all foundations and all characters. The University is focused on cultivating a comprehensive culture that advances uniformity and values variety. Right around 24,000 individuals applied for undergrad study in 2021 and more than 40,000 individuals applied for graduate review. Oxford for the most part has around 3,300 undergrad places and around 5,500 alumni annually.
The University of Oxford is focused on cultivating correspondence across its instructing and research practice and advancing a different, comprehensive local area of staff and understudies with a specific spotlight on elevating admittance to advanced education for underrepresented groups or communities. The University’s structures and home are not just important for our scholarly work; they likewise add to Oxford’s standing as a city of learning, legacy, and culture. They structure an essential piece of the rich design of the city and give a lovely climate to guests and Oxford occupants, as well as University staff and students.
They plan to furnish their staff and students with best-in-class facilities inside a motivating and memorable setting, to further develop valuable opportunities for interdisciplinary working, and to limit their ecological effect. Annually, the University of Oxford offers a scholarship for both local and international students who can demonstrate their academic excellence and work closely to develop more leaders and provide motivation not only in the UK but also for all students worldwide. From undergraduate to doctoral degrees, they provide assistance with the help funding of private sectors, governments, and other partner universities all around the world.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: Russian
- Degree Level: Master or PhD
- Field: Philosophy
- Number of Awards: 15
- Scholarship Awards: The scholarship award will be covering 100% tuition fees of the students.
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Candidates for Hill Scholarships should be nationals of and customary occupants in the Russian Organization. Candidates should likewise have a first degree from a Russian university. Inclination will be
given to candidates who have not recently been signed up for some other degree program beyond Russia.
- The candidates must be committed to leaving Great Britain upon completion of their studies.
- There is no limitation with regard to the field of study sought after by holders of Hill Scholarships. Most Hill Scholars come to Oxford to do research or read up for a more serious level however the Legal administrators likewise energize applications from alumni of Russian Colleges who might want to profit from the experience of the Oxford instructional tutorial system and require a ‘second first degree. This empowers the students for a better degree likewise for encountering Oxford school life without limit.
- The scholarship is intended for the students who hold a deferred offer in 2021-20022.
- The selection committee will favor the candidates who exhibit very high academic capacity and individual and social characteristics of a high request. They look for candidates who wish to spend their lives in manners that are valuable to society, whether in business, academics, public help, human expression, or any profession. The evaluation board will utilize the data that candidates give in their alumni application structure to evaluate how they meet the criteria.
- The students must have good academic records and must have good communication skills in oral and written English.
The eligible applicants can access the provided application portal. The application form must be completed and submitted before the deadline. Additional materials or documents will be required.
The scholarship covers course expenses and an award for living expenses for full-time students of no less than £17,668. The scholarship is made for the full term of your expense obligation for the concurred course. The scholarship is supported by the Hill Foundation.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is still open and the selection announcement will take place in April 2023.