For the undergraduate degree students who are currently or will be pursuing accounting program for the academic year of 2022-203, the Educational Foundation for Women offers 6 scholarships amounting to up to $16,000 to provide financial support towards their education and lead a women empowerment for their future career and personal goals.
Scholarship Provider: Educational Foundation for Women
About the Provider
The Educational Foundation for Women provides mentoring, support, and provide scholarships for the women in an accounting program to have access to their educational advancement and achieve their career goals in accounting.
Annually the Foundation offers scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students in an accounting program to aim and attract more and more females in the accounting field. The Educational Foundation for Women enables and encourages every woman to commence on the accounting degree to better achieve equal opportunities and rewards.
Six Scholarships for the Woman in an Undergraduate Degree Students
The Educational Foundation for Women offers six scholarships for undergraduate women who will be pursuing their undergraduate degree in the accounting program. Below is the list of the scholarship offered for the academic year of 2022-2023.
- Woman in Transition– The Woman in Transition Scholarship is intended for the woman who has been the primary source of financial support in the family and will be enrolled in an undergraduate degree as a freshman to earn her bachelor’s degree in the Accounting program.The scholarship awards will be amounting to up to $16,000 for a duration of 4 years based on how the Board of Trustee evaluated or determined the applicants to renew the scholarship yearly or upon the comp[letion of the course work satisfaction of the students and the students must maintain the 3.0 GPA required for the scholarship program.
- Women in Need– This scholarship is for a woman who is the main source of income for her family and is completing her second academic year to pursue a bachelor’s degree in accounting. It is awarded at $2,000 per year for two years and is renewed for a second year upon satisfactory completion of coursework, 3.0 GPA as evidence.
- IMA Scholarship– The IMA funds two one-year undergraduate scholarships of $2,000 each for women working on a bachelor’s degree in accounting. In addition to the cash award, grantees will receive a free one-year student membership to the IMA ($39), admission to the CMA ($250), and an exam registration fee ($415 per share). The entry and registration fee for the CMA exam has a term of two years and is non-transferable.
- Rhonda J. B. O’Leary Memorial- One-year scholarships of up to $2,000 are awarded to undergraduate or graduates admitted to an accredited Washington state school to pursue an accounting degree.
- Michele L. McDonald Memorial- this is annual stipend of $1,000 is awarded towards earning an accounting degree, with preference being given to women returning to college from the workforce or after raising children.
- Moss Adams Foundation– $1,000 annual scholarship for women pursuing a bachelor’s degree in accounting is available to women from minority groups or women returning to school as juniors or adults currently or who are re-applying, or women who complete their five-year requirement general studies or in the master’s program.
- Academic Year-2022-2023
- Nationality: US Students
- Gender: Female
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Field: Accounting
- Scholarship Duration: up to four years
- Scholarship Awards: up to $16,000
- Scholarship Country: USA
Eligibility of the Scholarships
- Must be a citizen of the USA
- A female student who is currently or will be admitted to an undergraduate degree program in the accounting field.
- Must be committed to their goal in pursuing the accounting program, to be more prepared in their career as a finance professional or accountant, and must be able to show evidence of commitments to their studies and commitment to achieve their career goals.
- Can a demonstrate their financial needs.
- Proven skills in accounting and economics, evidenced by academic achievement and/or previous work experience.
- Clear evidence that goals and plans have been made to achieve those goals, both personally and professionally.
Interested female undergraduate students can apply through the scholarship portal provided by the foundation. The application will be online and the foundation won’t accept any hard copies being submitted by the applicants.
The students must be able to register and create an account at the scholarship portal application provided by the foundation. All incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
All materials and letters of recommendation can only be uploaded on the scholarship portals, no emails and hard copies should be submitted.
- Transcript of records
- GPA score
- Show proof of interest in an accounting degree
Scholarship Important Notes
Before submitting an application, the students must be able to check the important note of the scholarship.
- The students can apply to one or more scholarships but there will be an exemption for the applications.
- One scholarship listed above will only be awarded to one deserving student only.
- The foundation is not offering to finance for the certification of study.
- The scholarship is only exclusive to women.
- Only US citizens can apply for the scholarship.
- An online study can be made depending on the scholarship committee’s decisions.
- EFWA awards scholarships annually with sufficient funding. All available scholarships are listed and can be applied throughout the year, but are only awarded in the summer for the fall semester.
- All transcripts of records should be provided on the application portal as well as the recommendation letters. The foundation won’t consider the documents that have been submitted through emails.
- If the eligibility has been met, the applicants can continue their application yearly.
- Only accredited universities in the USA are allowed for the awardee to be enrolled or admitted to.
- It is important to check the criteria of the scholarships before proceeding to the application process.
The deadline to submit and complete the online application is until April 30 and will be offered annually by the Educational Foundation for Women in Accounting.
The deserving scholarship recipient will be notified by June 30, 2022.