Swansea University is located in Swansea, Wales. Wales Doctrine of the ESRC Swansea University is located in Swansea, Wales. International Students can apply for ESRC Wales Doctoral Training Partnership General International Studentships, UK 2022-23. The grant allows students to pursue Ph.D. programs in Computer Science at Swansea University. The scholarship deadline is February 4, 2022.
About the Provider:
Since 1920, Swansea University has been at the forefront of research and development. We have a long tradition of collaborating with business and industry, but our cutting-edge research now has a much broader impact on our society’s health, prosperity, culture, and well-being.
They’ve had unprecedented success in recent years, and our research activity outpaces that of many larger colleges, but this hasn’t detracted from the pleasant and relaxed attitude that has always defined the “Swansea experience.” They look forward to continuing to work together to better lives and the bright future that the next century will bring, having celebrated their Centenary in 2020.
The selected students will receive the full cost of tuition as well as a £15,609 annual stipend, as well as access to Swansea University’s extra Research Training Support Grant (RTSG).
Eligibility for Scholarship
Studentships from the ESRC are extremely competitive. Candidates should have a strong background in the social sciences, with a first- or strong upper-second-class degree, or an equivalent recognized by Swansea University (please see https://www.swansea.ac.uk/postgraduate/apply/entry-requirements/); applicants with a relevant research training master’s degree (or an equivalent background in research training) will be considered for a ‘+3’ /Ph.D. award.
English language requirements: a minimum overall IELTS score of 6.5 (with no component score of less than 6.5) or Swansea University-recognised equivalent is required if applicable. Please see the University’s English language entrance policy for further information.
Both UK and international students (including EU and EEA) can apply for a fully-funded Wales DTP studentship. All applicants will be considered for a complete scholarship, which includes a stipend and tuition fees paid at the UK research organization rate. Applicants must meet the prerequisites for studentship eligibility.
Procedure for submitting an application:
To apply, please fill out the following information on the online application:
- Please pick Computer Science / Ph.D. / Full-time / 3 Year / October as your course of study.
- Funding (page 8) – Please select 2022 as the start year.
- ‘Are you paying for your own studies?’ – choose No 4. Please put ‘RS43 – Digital Economy & Society: ESRC DTP’ in the ‘Name of Individual or Organization Providing Funds for Study’ field.
*Please note that applications that do not include the following information may be rejected.
You must upload the following documents as part of your online application (please do not send them via email):
- The CV should not exceed two pages in length.
- Academic and professional credentials. Please send copies of your diplomas and transcripts.
- Include a cover letter. Please send all correspondence to Dr. Matthew Roach. Your reasons and motivation for applying to study at Swansea University and on the Digital Economy and Society pathway; your understanding and expectations of doctoral study; and your academic interests in general, and specifically those related to your proposed research, must all be included in the covering letter. The covering letter should not exceed two pages in length. Please indicate whether you are applying on a ‘+3’ or a ‘1+3’ basis. Remember to clarify that your application is for ESRC Wales DTP general studentships and to include the name(s) of your potential supervisor(s) in your application (s).
- There are two mentions. Two academic references must be given in support of all applications. Referees must be approached by the candidates themselves, and the references must be submitted with the application.
- Proof that you have met the English Language requirement (if applicable).
- A copy of your resident visa in the UK (if applicable)
The last date to apply for the Swansea University ESRC Wales Doctoral Training Partnership General International Studentships, UK 2022-23 is 04 Feb 2022.