This scholarship is funded by the University of Miami and awaits new transfer students that fit the criteria listed within this article. No matter what, there are significant requirements stated for students that are awarded this type of scholarship. With that in mind, it would be best to consult the University of Miami’s website to ensure the student is following all of the guidelines that are in place for transfer students.
There are a number of academic majors available to study at the University of Miami, they include:
- Africana Studies
- American Studies
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Analytics
- Business Technology
- General Business
- Global Business (co-major)
- Health Management and Policy
- Human Resource Management
- Geological Sciences
- Marine Affairs
- Marine Biology and Ecology
- Computer Science
- Geological Sciences
- Microbiology & Immunology
- Legal Studies
- Organizational Leadership
- Real Estate
- Supply Chain Analytics
- Instrumental Performance
- Keyboard Performance
- Media Scoring and Production
- Modern Artist Development and Entrepreneurship
- Music Education
- Music Engineering Technology
- Music Industry
- Music Theory
This is not the complete list of available academic majors that students can choose to pursue at the University of Miami. As a matter of fact, all of these programs are split between Frost School of Music, School of Communication, College of Arts and Sciences, Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science, Miami Herbert Business School, and the School of Architecture.
The University of Miami has become a highly competitive institution when it comes to undergraduate students sending in admission applications, as a matter of fact in 2021 there was just under 50,000 admission applications sent in for the Fall semester.
This university is a dedicate high research public intuition that falls under what is called the top Doctoral universities list.
The Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science where marine studying students will be able to have a hand’s on experience as well as attend work-study programs that can easily enhance their college career.
- Must be a transfer student who is wanting to attend the University of Miami
- Applicants interested must be undergraduates who are working towards their bachelor’s degree
- All new transfer students are considered eligible for this scholarship
- While all academic programs are available to go towards this scholarship, marine engineering students may receive a higher priority option (this means marine studying students would be considered a first option to receive this award among others)
There are a few major requirements that recipients (students who end up receiving the scholarship) have to follow. These requirements will allow the student to keep the scholarship annual award:
- Maintain a 3.0-grade point average throughout the academic school year
- The recipient has to be an enrolled full-time student (the student cannot suddenly change their full-time status to part-time, this can result in the student needing to pay back a portion of the award)
- The recipient must maintain at least 24 college credits in one year
- The student must be an undergraduate going to the University of Miami (the student cannot change universities while being awarded this scholarship)
It should be noted that if the recipient receives any grant, financial aid adjustment, or another scholarship after receiving this specific scholarship can be subject to losing or receiving a minimum award amount.
How to Apply
Luckily for transfer students, they just have to send in their transfer transcripts and technically all new transfer students are deemed eligible. However, if any student does have the minimum required credits from their first year of college, then a student’s high school transcripts will be examined by the committee board.
Reward – Extra Benefits
Students can receive up to $15,000 annually from this scholarship award.
Now students that have a 3.5 grade point average or higher are considered a higher priority for this opportunity.
Students will know of their selection by the time admissions roles around.
This $15,000 would go towards paying any tuition that may have not been paid off. Tuition for undergraduates to go to this university is right around $50,000 per year. If a student has paid of tuition and fees, then the $15,000 could go towards any travel expenses or accommodation fees.
Deadline Time Line
The official deadline time line is April 1, 2023. This is when all eligible transfer students must submit their Transfer Admission Requirements to admissions at the University of Miami.
Here at Pick a Scholarship we offer a full range scholarship database for all students looking for varying degree levels. While we provide exact information for each scholarship application and when the deadlines/open submission windows are held. We offer a contact section on each post where the admissions of the university or the director of a private sponsor can be reached to give more information or details.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to reviewed or changed before submitting their application.
Any student that is unsure about the rules and guidelines that are meant to be followed by the recipient should consult the website link provided.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window is from January 2023 to April 1, 2023. This gives students around 3 months to successfully send in all of their transfer documents to the University of Miami.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options
This is an annual scholarship that students can apply towards. Currently this scholarship is not renewable but their is probable cause that the $15,000 per year could be upgrade for students to receive this amount for a study 2 to 3 years after winning.