It is with great pleasure that Texas A&M University offers the Opportunity Awards to high-potential students who have achieved remarkable high school records. Applications for the academic session 2022/2023 are now being accepted by the university. The scholarship program is open to overseas applicants who want to enroll in an undergraduate degree program at a participating institution.
About the Scholarship:
Texas A&M University is a state university system based in College Station, Texas, in the United States. It was established in 1948 as an outgrowth of the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas, which was founded in 1871 and first opened its doors in 1876. The main campus at College Station is one of the largest in the country, covering approximately 5,200 acres and ranking among the largest in the world (2,100 hectares). It consists of ten institutions that offer programs in agriculture, architecture, geosciences, engineering, and public service, among other disciplines of study. Students can choose from a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as professional degrees in medicine and veterinarian medicine. The Galveston branch encompasses the university’s marine and maritime campus, as well as the Texas Maritime Academy and the Texas Institute of Oceanography, both of which are located in Galveston. Texas A&M University is a land-grant, sea-grant, and space-grant institution that is well-known for its engineering, technology, and agriculture departments. (Like land-grant institutions, sea-grant and space-grant colleges and universities receive government financing for college research, education, and public service programs that are related to the sea and space.) While Texas A&M University is primarily a research university, it also maintains institutes dedicated to a variety of topics such as biotechnology, race and ethnicity, naval archaeology, petroleum, nuclear science, and transportation, among others. The George Bush Presidential Library and Museum, which honors the 41st President of the United States, is located on the College Station campus. The College Station campus has roughly 44,500 students enrolled, with a total enrollment of more over 90,000 students within the University of Texas system It was the Agricultural and Mechanical College of Texas that established the state’s first institution of higher learning when it opened its doors in 1876. Although the university was founded as a military institution, it did not require military training until 1965; it now offers one of the largest Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) programs in the country. The college, which was established as a land-grant institution under the Morrill Act of 1862, initially placed an emphasis on classical studies, mathematics, and literary courses, rather than scientific and vocational training, in its early years. Beginning in 1888, graduate-level training began; the first master’s degrees were conferred in 1890, and the first doctoral degrees were awarded in 1940. The college was renamed Texas A&M University in 1963, with the letter “A&M” intended to be a representation of the institution’s prior, more focused mission. It was granted sea-grant status in 1971, and space-grant status in 1989, after a successful bid. During the construction of an elaborate log structure that was to be torched for the school’s traditional bonfire, which is held on the night before Texas A&M’s annual football game against University of Texas, twelve Texas A&M students were slain. It is the mission of Texas A&M University to advance knowledge via the discovery, development, communication, and application in a wide variety of academic and professional domains. While delivering the highest-quality undergraduate and graduate programs is important, its mission of establishing new understandings via research and creativity cannot be separated from that of the university. It equips students to take on responsibilities of leadership, accountability, and service to the greater good in their communities. The preservation of freedom of inquiry and the creation of an intellectual atmosphere that nurtures the human mind and soul are among the historic trusts that Texas A&M has assumed. The organization embraces and strives to serve people of all races, ethnicities, and geographical backgrounds as it responds to the requirements of an increasingly varied population and a global economy. Texas A&M University wants to establish itself as a leader among public universities in the twenty-first century while maintaining a commitment to its rich history and traditions.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Texas A&M University
Scholarship Country: United States
Scholarship Worth: $15,000
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
The scholarship ranges in value from $100 to $15,000.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- In order to be considered, applicants must meet all of the following requirements:
- You must be a first-year college student who has not previously attended another college or university.
- The Opportunity Award program grants scholarships to first-year freshmen who have achieved great high school records, according to the program’s website.
- Selected applicants are chosen based on their academic performance in high school, extracurricular activities, leadership abilities, and, in some situations, evidence of financial need In most cases, these scholarships come with a stipend ranging from $100 to $15,000 per year.
- Out-of-state students who win a competitive scholarship from Texas A&M University in the amount of a specified minimum dollar amount may be eligible for a non-resident tuition waiver.
These scholarships are awarded to 35 students with admission averages of 95 to 100 percent ($5,000) or 90 to 94.9 percent ($4,000). You must be a full-time student in an undergraduate engineering degree in the Faculty of Engineering in order to apply for the Concordia University Engineering Scholarship.
The Texas A&M University 2022 International Opportunity Awards for International Students is open to all International Students
- The Apply Texas Application or the Coalition Application for Freshman Admission are two options for prospective students to submit an application. Students who wish to be considered for a scholarship must complete both the admissions application and the scholarship application. In order to be considered for freshmen scholarships, students must additionally submit a Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR) to the university.
- If you want to be evaluated for need-based financial aid, you must submit a financial aid application.
- Texas A&M University does not stack Opportunities Award Scholarships in order to give the greatest number of students with the greatest amount of opportunity. If you are eligible for more than one Opportunity Award Scholarship, you will only get the scholarship with the highest financial value if you qualify for more than one.
The application deadline for Texas A&M University 2022 International Opportunity Awards for International Students is December 1, 2022