If you want a study abroad experience, why not choose to study in the UK? Great Britain is an excellent opportunity for many foreign students and, in particular, for Spaniards who want to experience studying in another country, since it is only a few hours from home.
We could give you many reasons why you should choose to study in the United Kingdom, but the most important thing you should know is that it is one of the most demanded countries, due to the unparalleled quality of the educational system, since studying in England, the country of the language Anglo-Saxon par excellence, will allow you to improve and perfect your language skills.
What are the advantages of studying in the UK?
If you decide to study in Great Britain you will have the opportunity to:
– Improve your level of English: you will be able to study in a language school but, above all, living in the nation of this language, you will have the opportunity to learn it better and practice it every day, and not only in the classes you go to.
– Study in educational institutes of excellence and with an excellent academic reputation in the world. If you want to make your way in the academic field or work in sectors with a lot of competition, the simple fact of having studied at an English university will give you many points of advantage and you can reflect positively on your Curriculum Vitae.
- As a student, you will have the opportunity to study and work so that you can amortize the cost of your studies. It all depends on the type of studies you are going to do; For example, if you are going to do a graduate or higher education and are sponsored by a supplier with a history of compliance or are represented by a foreign supplier to take a short course in the UK, you can work 20 hours a week during the academic period. . While, on the other hand, if you do a full-time course you can work 10 hours a week during the class period and full-time on vacation, in the same way, it happens in the case of studying a degree or higher education.
-With its daily low-cost flights, Spain has never been so close, so you can return to see your friends and family just as often as if you were at a Spanish university outside your city.
- -The excellent value for money of its colleges and universities makes it one of the most interesting places to study.
- -Even if you are European you will have to apply for a visa. Since the United Kingdom leaves the EU in January 2021, all students who are going to study for a period of more than 6 months must apply for a visa.
What can you study in the UK?
- English course
In England, as in all other English-speaking countries, you can attend courses of different types: General English, Business English or Academic English.
You should also know that if your goal is to obtain an internationally recognized English certification, such as IELTS or Cambridge, you can do so by taking specific courses that will prepare you to take and pass the exam.
The English degree certificate is essential, both for work and for your studies, in particular, if you wish to continue your academic career in a foreign university, where language certification will be required as a fundamental requirement for admission.
You can attend an English course at one of our partner schools in Scotland, London, Brighton, Liverpool, Manchester, Oxford, Cambridge, and Bath.
University courses in Great Britain are divided into lectures, seminars, and workshops, where you can carry out group work, individual work, and weekly coursework.
The innovative and very different aspect that they possess compared to our universities is that, in Great Britain, each student is assigned a personal tutor who can be referred to for any doubts or difficulties in the academic and university field.
*Remember that you will be required to attend almost all courses.
If you want, you can live on a university campus, where during your free time you can do different extracurricular activities, such as sports, theater, and events, and join clubs of different interests.
The designation you will obtain at the end of your university study cycle in Great Britain is linked to the main subject of study. For example:
- – Degree in Engineering – BEng (Engineering)
- – Degree in Law – LLB (Law)
- – Degree in Medicine – MB or BS (Medicine)
- – Bachelor of Arts – Bachelor (Humanities)
- – Bachelor of Science – BSc (Scientific Topics)
- – Degree in Education – BEd (Education)
If you want to study at an English university, you should know that our partner universities are mainly in London, Liverpool, Essex, and Lincoln.
(The educational system of Britain’s universities is controlled by the supervision of the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA), which guarantees its quality and excellence).
After the Degree, you can continue your studies for the Postgraduate or Master’s. In Great Britain, the Masters are divided into:
– Taught Master: Requires compulsory attendance to classes.
- – Research master‘s degree: in which a research project is mainly prepared that will be presented with a final thesis. Throughout the master’s degree, you will have the opportunity to be guided by a supervisor.
- In general, the duration of the master’s varies from one to two years.
- Attending a master’s degree in the UK means broadening your academic and work knowledge, boasting an important foreign qualification on your Curriculum Vitae, and having an international experience that can be exploited during job interviews.
- Research Doctorate
The doctorate represents the highest academic degree that can be achieved, after having carried out at least three years of research in a well-defined project with the help of a supervisor and a reference master’s degree.
At the end of these three years, you will have to present the defense of your final document before a university tribunal.
Doing a doctorate is not as simple as it seems, in fact, it is a very demanding option, reserved exclusively for the brightest students who wish to continue their academic careers abroad.
If your goal is to do research and teach at a university, a doctorate in Great Britain is the best option for you.
How much does the University cost?
Before Brexit, university fees for Europeans, on average, ranged from £9,000 a year in England and Wales (€10,254.27) to £3,500 in Northern Ireland (€3,987.77).
Now, the cost as an international student is between £13,000 and £23,000 per year and will depend on the degree and university you choose. The good news is that some of the universities we represent have special scholarships for Europeans, such as Brunel University where European students will pay the same as British students: around £9,250 (the same price that was paid before the UK left the European Union).
At LAE we will inform you about scholarships for European students at our represented universities.
To the price of registration and living expenses, you must add the cost of the visa. From January 2021, those who want to study in the United Kingdom must apply for a “Student Visa”, since they are usually studies for more than 11 months. This visa costs £348, plus the cost of contracting the health service.
How to study in the UK?
The registration procedure for an English or university course in England is very different and varies depending on the course chosen. For example, you should know that applications for degree courses in the UK are made through the UCAS portal.
At LAE International Education we are experts in this aspect and we can provide you with all the assistance for free registration.
Do you want to study for a doctorate in the UK? Swansea University is offering a scholarship for international applicants who wish to pursue a Ph.D. in Materials Engineering.
This fully-funded scholarship provides a fund for annual university tuition fees of £15,609, plus additional expenses for scholarship recipients. This important economic support is a unique opportunity for those students who do not have the necessary funds to pay for an excellent education in a first-rate development country.
The winning candidate for the Ph.D. scholarship in Materials Engineering will be trained by professionals in the field, and will also have access to the best facilities in order to strengthen this high-level international preparation.
Ph.D. in Materials Engineering
Institutions where you will study:
Swansea University, UK.
Levels and study areas:
Ph.D. in Materials Engineering.
Who can participate?
International students who reflect a high academic level.
The Swansea University Fully Funded Scholarship awards:
- Annual Ph.D. University Tuition Fees of £15,609 for three (3) years.
- Additional expenses for fellows.
Conditions that must be met by participants:
- International students from any nation on the globe.
- Have a university master’s degree equivalent to one obtained in the United Kingdom. This must be related to one of these areas: Physics, Material Sciences, Materials Engineering, or Chemistry.
- Have command of the English language, spoken and written. Swansea University requires the applicant to submit an IELTS certificate with a minimum score of 6.5.
- Due to funding restrictions, it is important that the student is in Europe to obtain the scholarship. If you are outside the EU you will not be able to apply.
- Submit a formal application for the Materials Engineering Ph.D. Scholarship through the Swansea University Online Entry System.
Instructions to apply:
- Transcripts and academic records.
- Personal statement.
- Prove that you are in the EU.
- IELTS certificate of English language proficiency.
- Among others.
Do you want to study engineering in Europe? Visit the official website of the University of Swansea to learn in-depth about each registration detail and about the prizes to be received in the case of being the winner of this full scholarship in the United Kingdom.
Until May 6, 2022.