Scarlett Family Foundation is pleased to invite applications for the Scarlett Family Foundation College Scholarship Program.
To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate student studying business or STEM studies at a college or university. Financial needs will also be considered. The winner will receive the benefit of a maximum of $15,000. The Scarlett Family Foundation, established in 2005, is the administrator of the Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship Program, which is the main thrust of the Foundation.
In this article, we will guide you through all the detailed information about the Scarlett Family Foundation, such as eligibility criteria, program benefits, its deadline, and how to apply.
Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship Description
As stated above, the Scarlett Family Foundation, established in 2005, is the administrator of the Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship Program, which is the main thrust of the Foundation. The goal of the foundation is to provide the need and merit-based scholarships for middle Tennessee students of all ages.
With the Scarlett Family Foundation scholarship program, the foundation hopes to see all students receive a high-quality education to reach their potential and become self-sufficient.
Over the years, the foundation has awarded scholarships to more than 500 students, in the amount of $9.6m. Scholarships awarded to students are spread across 134 institutes in 36 counties.
The scholarship amount may be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies, and equipment necessary for the course load. Checks will be sent directly to the academic and will be paid to the institution. It is the recipient’s responsibility to notify ISTS of any change of address. Checks receivable will be split into two: a check sent in August for the fall term, and a check sent in December for the spring term.
Level/field of study
College or university level in business or Laboratory (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) fields.
Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship is taken in the United States of America .
Citizens of certain counties in the United States are welcome to apply.
The minimum scholarship awarded by the Scarlett Family Foundation is $2,500 per academic year and the maximum award is $15,000 per academic year.
Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship Eligibility 202 2
To be eligible for a Scarlett Family Foundation scholarship program, students are expected to:
- Be a high school senior, a person who earned a GED before June 1, or a freshman, sophomore, or junior in college.
- Demonstrate financial need through a 1040 tax return.
- Graduate from any high school in the 40 counties of Middle Tennessee.
- Earn a Business or STEM degree from a 4-year nonprofit college or university. Check out the STEM degrees here.
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Enroll full-time next fall.
How to Apply for Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship 2022
To apply for the I-2 Scholarship, students will complete an online application through the ISTS and will be asked to provide:
- A statement explaining how this internship course or internship will add value to your current major
- Description of the course/program and proof of cost.
Students may renew their awards for up to four years or until the recipient completes a bachelor’s degree, whichever comes first. Students do not need to reapply each year, as those eligible to renew their scholarship will be notified by ISTS email on March 1.
Students will have until April 30 to complete the renewal application. Renewal of the scholarship will depend on the committee’s annual review of the following:
- Positive academic performance as evidenced by the student’s transcript.
- Recipient’s full-time status.
- Continuous demonstration of financial need.
- Cost of the college or university where the student enrolls.
The Scarlett Family Foundation will consider granting an additional semester on a case-by-case basis in extreme circumstances. Students must email Tom Parrish of the Scarlett Family Foundation with a letter about why they need more time and provide a copy of their most recent transcript at least 90 days prior to the start of the semester.
confiscation of prizes
A student could lose their scholarship award if the student:
- Changes to a non-business or non-STEM-approved major.
- Transfers to a 2 year or a for-profit institution.
- You are no longer enrolled as a full-time student.
- You are placed on academic or behavioral probation by the university. The student loses the scholarship for one year, after which it will be reviewed by the committee for reinstatement.
- You fail to complete the renewal process before the deadline.
However, the scholarship committee may review exceptions on a case-by-case basis.
Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship Application Deadline
The application for the Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarship 2022 runs between September 15 and December 15 each year. However, there is an open scholarship administered by the foundation that is available to current Scarlett Scholars. This is the I-2 Scholarship.
- A student may transfer from one institution to another and retain the award; however, the amount awarded is subject to change based on the cost of tuition at the new university.
- Scarlett Family Foundation Scholarships Not taxable.
The I-2 scholarship
This scholarship is available to current Scarlett Scholars and is administered by the Scarlett Family Foundation. The award is to supplement the students’ current award by covering costs associated with internships, interim courses, and special programs. The link to apply will be emailed to eligible students.
The maximum scholarship value is $5,000 and approved programs include on-site internships for the entire fall, spring, or summer term; intermediate terms, such as May masters and January short courses between the fall and spring semesters; and special programs.
Special programs may involve an individual or group project that is part of a class, such as a competition involving registration fees, materials, and travel. Semester study abroad programs will be considered and must show a very significant benefit to your degree.
To be eligible, students must be:
- A current Scarlett Family Foundation Scholar.
- Enrolled in a 4-year college or university and pursuing a bachelor’s degree.
- In good academic standing.
- Internships, internship courses, and special programs must be approved and sponsored by your current college or university.
- Recipients must submit a one-page document to Tom Parrish via email 30 days after the I-2 awards program is completed on the topic: How did your experience improve your degree? The email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Typical on-campus summer term classes, online programs, graduate programs, or an additional semester beyond your regular scholarship are programs excluded from the scholarship.
- The scholarship is not available to postgraduate students, and 5 undergraduate students in their final year who wish to apply must have prior approval from the Scarlett Family Foundation.
- Students are limited to 1 award during their time on scholarship.
- Award checks will be sent to the student’s college and mailed to their home address, based on their current Scarlett Scholarship.
- For students who wish to use the award between January and August of the following year, apply between October 1 and October 31 and awards will be announced in November.
- However, students who wish to use the award between May and December of the same year must apply between March 1 and March 31 and the awards will be announced in April.
international scholarship services
International Scholarship Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS) specializes in administering sponsored scholarship programs. ISTS partners with The Scarlett Family Foundation to host academic scholarship information and applications. Students who wish to apply for a Scarlett Family Foundation scholarship program are expected to create an ISTS account. All communications for the scholarship will be sent by ISTS to the email provided in the students’ application throughout the application process. Students should be on the lookout for important email reminders and deadlines!
To create an account, visit: https://aim.applyists.net/Account/LogOn?ReturnUrl=%2f
Important dates to remember:
- March 1 to 31 – Scholarship Renewal Period Begins
- March 1 to April 10 – The scholarship renewal period closes.
- JUNE 1 – Scholarship Renewal Announced to Students
- August 1 – Fall semester checks sent to students
- December 1 – Spring semester checks sent to students
2023-24 application opens September 15, 2022