Marcus Oldham College offers a one-of-a-kind educational opportunity for young people interested in pursuing a career in the Australian Wool Industry at all phases, including wool science and technology, wool growing, and textile production.
WISS Woolbrokers is the sponsor of the Dr. Alastair Mackenzie Scholarship. WISS is a grower-owned and controlled wool broker that was founded in 1979 by woolgrowers. BJ Underwood Pty Ltd, the Australian Wool Education Trust, and the Geoff & Helen Handbury Foundation are among the other sponsors.
About the Scholarship:
Marcus Oldham College is Australia’s only privately owned agriculture college. The university, which was formed in 1962 in Geelong, Victoria, accepts students from all Australian states and territories. The objective of the College is to educate and train committed progressive professionals who will flourish in the rapidly changing national and global environment. Marcus Oldham College promotes leadership, loyalty, and community service while valuing uniqueness, innovation, and excellence. Business management is the fundamental discipline in all of Marcus Oldham’s courses. A Bachelor of Business (Agricultural Management), an Advanced Diploma in Farm Business Management, a Diploma of Agribusiness, and a Diploma of Horse Business Management are among the academic programs offered.
Marcus stands apart because of its one-of-a-kind capacity to help people grow. The Marcus paradigm is built on case study learning, similar to the Harvard experience. High student contact hours, small class sizes, and excellent full-time and sessional professors with substantial commercial experience and the ability to apply theory to practice are all advantages students enjoy. The courses are created in close collaboration with the relevant businesses and include current trends and technology in the training programs. The focus is on business management, which provides skills that can be applied to a wide range of occupations, resulting in highly marketable graduates who are at the forefront of their areas. Marcus Oldham grads have a near-100 percent job placement rate. When you study at Marcus Oldham, you get so much more than just an education. Study trips are widely used on a national and worldwide level to provide a’real world’ education that supplements lecture room instruction.
Living on campus is a wonderful social and educational experience, as well as a great place to live and study. The campus is situated on 200 acres in Geelong and benefits from an accessible geographic position that allows for an excellent quality of life during free time: World-class surf beaches and the Great Ocean Road are only 25 minutes away, while Melbourne is only an hour away through the Geelong Ring Road. There are also frequent train connections and two airports – Melbourne and Geelong.
The majority of students choose on-campus housing, which consists of private bed/study rooms that are all connected to the College’s internal IT system and have access to free internet. The Computer Room and Library are open for study 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
During term time, all students have three meals a day, seven days a week in the Dining Room, which is a central element of the College. On weekdays, morning tea is available. Living on campus is handy for students who take one-day, multi-day, and overseas study excursions that depart early in the morning or return late in the evening. It also facilitates participation in sporting and social activities. Marcus Oldham College has required students to work in industry for a minimum of 12 months before beginning their studies and to complete a second year of employment in the middle of their course since its inception in 1962. Our graduates are closely linked to industry thanks to the structure of these programs.
The agriculture sector needs employees who have both practical skills and tertiary qualifications.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Marcus Oldham College
Scholarship Country: Geelong, Australia
Scholarship Worth: $15000
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
The Marcus Oldham College Scholarship provides the following benefits to the recipient:
Unless the college agrees differently, the scholarship covers $15000 of the fees in the applicable academic year(s).
Eligibility for Scholarship
- Applicants for the Marcus Oldham College Scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- English is a required language.
- All countries in the world are eligible.
- Applicants must be enrolled or planning to enroll in Year 1 of the Agriculture Program to be eligible for this grant.
The Marcus Oldham College Scholarship 2022 Australia is open to to all international students
To apply for this scholarship, please follow the steps below:
(1) Click here to apply for an admission offer from Marcus Oldham College.
(2) Complete the following forms:
- Your curriculum vitae, as well as the contact information for two referees
- If you applied for a university, you’ll need a statement of your Year 12 results as well as your university ENTER score.
- Essay for a scholarship: Write a 500-word essay in response to the following prompt: “By applying for this scholarship, you are indicating a desire to work in the sheep and wool sector.” What industry activity do you want to follow in the future?”
- 100-word college essay responding to the topic “What are your career ambitions and aspirations?”
(3) Fill out the following form to apply for a scholarship:
- [email protected] is the email address.
- 03 5244 1263 is the fax number.
- Send your application to the following address by mail.
- Marcus Oldham College Private Bag 116 Geelong Mail Centre VIC 3221 Scholarship Coordinator
- Applicants may apply for multiple scholarships, but they are only eligible to win one scholarship every academic year. If you’re applying for many scholarships, you only need one copy of your CV and one copy of your college essay.
- The email address you supplied on your CV will receive an acknowledgement of receipt of your application.
- Applicants who have been selected for an interview will be notified three weeks prior to the interview date. On September 12th, 2022, interviews will be held on campus at Marcus Oldham. Except for overseas applicants, the College does not conduct scholarship interviews by Skype, Facetime, or phone. Scholarships may not be awarded if no candidates are found to match the selection requirements. The College also retains the discretion to extend the deadlines for applications and interviews.
- The successful applicant will get a Scholarship Letter of Offer and will have seven days to notify the College in writing of their acceptance of the scholarships and obligations as a recipient.
The application deadline for Marcus Oldham College Scholarship 2022 Australia is August 05, 2022