If you decide to study in the United Kingdom, this could make one of the best decisions of your life, because of all that this experience can bring you in all aspects of your life. England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland are a group of countries called the United Kingdom.
These countries offer an internationally recognized education system, with degrees that can make a real difference to your future career. This union of countries welcomes more than 400,000 international students each year.
The United Kingdom is also an excellent place to learn English, especially if you come from Latin America or Spain because there you can find a true immersion in the language and achieve a charming British accent.
Some reasons to study in the UK
- The United Kingdom is the cradle of English, its accent is pure and charming
- It is a destination that has an excellent level and international reputation, thus, the universities of the United Kingdom have trained more than 100 Nobel Prize, winners
- You will find a variety and unique careers that you can complete in 3 years. UK universities rank highest in global rankings for reputation and academic excellence
- In the United Kingdom, you can complete your master’s degree in just 1 year. Normally most universities offer this program intensively and starting in the month of October
- After studying for your degree in the United Kingdom, you will most likely be able to find a job quickly, as this country enjoys excellent employability rates.
- In the UK you can work while you study at a university
- It is a very safe place to live
- The UK is a multicultural country, you will find people there from all over the world, including the rest of Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and also from Latin America.
About the Scholarship
Applications for 2023 are open for York Graduate Research School Scholarships for overseas research students at York University in the UK.
York University is a flat glass research university located in the city of York, England. Established in 1963, the university campus has expanded to more than thirty departments and centers, covering a wide range of subjects.
As a member of the Russell Group of research-led universities, York ranks in the top 150 institutions of the World University Rankings, one of the youngest universities to do so. Other achievements include being ranked 14th overall and 10th for the impact of their research in the 10 Research Excellence Framework.
York has also received thirteen Athena Swan Awards given to the university in recognition of its support of women scientists.
The university’s main campus is located in southeast York, a short distance from the city’s historic center. A recent £750m expansion plan has seen the university extend its campus to include new labs and teaching spaces, as well as a sports community and a new business incubator called Springboard, which helps companies and entrepreneurs in the early stages. stages of developing your ideas.
What You Need To Know About York Graduate Research School Scholarships
York is an easily accessible, pedestrian-friendly city and is regarded as one of the best cycling cities in the country, with an extensive network of cycle lanes and off-road cycle paths.
Level/field of study :
Scholarships are available to pursue research degrees at the University. Scholarships are awarded to study any of the subjects offered by the university.
The scholarship is being taken in the UK at York University.
This scholarship is available for international students.
These prestigious scholarships, awarded by the York Graduate Research School, offer full funding (covering 100% of tuition fees, a stipend commensurate with the UKRI rate, plus a research training support grant) for the term of student registration.
YGRS Overseas Research Scholarships
- The number available to confirm
- 100% fee waiver
- Approximately £15,000 stipend for each year of successful study (valid for three years or the length of the student’s enrollment period)
- A scholarship to support research training (RTSG)
York Graduate Research School Scholarships Eligibility:
Eligible Countries: The scholarships are open to international students.
Entry Requirements: Eligible students must
- Applied for a study place in York by 31 January 2023
- Be responsible for paying tuition fees at the international rate.
- Begin your research studies in the 2022 academic year (between October 1, 2023, and September 1, 2023)
Applicants cannot obtain a 100% tuition fee scholarship from anywhere else or be fully sponsored.
Applicants from the following pathways are not eligible to apply for the YGRS Overseas Research Scholarships:
- Hull York Medical School
- International College of Trails
- Kaplan International College London
English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language, you will need to demonstrate that your English language skills are at a high enough level to be successful in your studies.
How to Apply for York Postgraduate Research Scholarships Programs
- There is no separate application form for these scholarships. Depending on the status of your application, you may be considered for these awards in two ways: At the point of application.
- Select the ‘UoY Research Abroad Grant’ option from the drop-down menu when asked how you plan to finance your studies. If you have already applied for your study place.
- Email the graduate administrator in the department you applied to and ask them to add the tag ‘UoY Overseas Research Grant’ to your formal application for the program before the deadline. scholarship link
Application Deadline: January 31 annually