This scholarship program from Oxford University covers a student’s entire academic studies if they have chosen the specific qualifications. The Ertegun Graduate Scholarship Program in Humanities allows students to experience a world-class work-study program that is hard to come by with traditional colleges. Since Oxford is one of the oldest and well-respected universities in the world, students can receive a world-class higher education.
Ertegun Scholars demonstrate incredible academic talent and ambition. They have clear plans for enlarging their knowledge, have the desire to extend their vision, and seek the opportunity to exchange their ideas. They will contribute intellectually to their country of origin and act as ambassadors for the humanities upon completion of their scholarship term.
- Must be an academic student who has chosen Humanities as their study field.
- Must receive an acceptance letter to Oxford Univerisity before applying for the scholarship application.
- Provide official transcripts that the student has attended a previous year to Oxford, or high school transcripts.
- This scholarship program is strictly for humanities majors only. Anyone applying that is not taking Humanities will not be accepted.
- Approximately 12 Ertegun Scholars are selected to attend the University of Oxford cost-free (full university and college fees plus living costs). At Oxford, Ertegun Scholars pursue one-year and two-year full-time master’s degrees in diverse fields in the humanities.
- Students must meet all of the requirements necessary to apply for this scholarship program.
- If students miss any information or provide inaccurate information on their application, the application will be denied.
To be considered for this scholarship, each applicant must select ‘Mica and Ahmet Ertegun Postgraduate Scholarships in the Humanities as they are accepted to the University of Oxford. This selection will be in the Oxford scholarships section, where each applicant will need to attach the Ertegun supporting statement to their Oxford graduate application and submit that application for graduate study.
How to Apply
Applicants will need to read through the Ertegun supporting statement which can be found on the university website. From here, students will need to provide personal information such as full name, and, program of study.
Afterward, students will be presented with three essay questions where they will need to answer thoroughly and thoughtfully. This will become a student’s own Ertegun supporting statement which needs to be sent in with the application form together.
The application to the John McCall MacBain Scholarship at Wadham consists of a comprehensive application form, one-page resume, transcripts, and references.
This means students will need letters of recommendation, no less than three. All official transcripts will be needed, CV’s or resumes and the application form itself to all be turned in together via online.
Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course. Established in 2012, the program is supported by the generosity of Mica Ertegun.
The award amount comes to a cost total of £15,000 + to cover fees, tuition expenses, and living costs.
The award amount may be higher if a student is in a study program that happens to be more in fees. This scholarship program will cover the chosen student to be the recipient of this scholarship fee and tuition/living costs.
The deadline is January 1, 2022. Since 2021 has far passed by, students can now apply to this open window which will be for the 2022 school year. There is no other deadline mentioned except January 1, 2022.
The students who have won this scholarship program will be notified by April 2022. This is an annual scholarship that follows the same deadline year after year.