What does the Australian Destination Program Scholarship Fund consist of and when did this incredible program begin? Luckily enough Australia’s Department of Education, Skills, and Employment came to the rescue and created early starters idea. The general idea is that understanding why early learning is essential and important to a country’s education system, let alone the children within that country.
With this program, all children are able to have access to high education schools and institutions that provide the best of the best when it comes to higher education access. Since schooling starts with children and gradually rises towards early adulthood, it goes without saying, that the department of education in Australia has severely stepped up the prose and promise.
The Department of Education in Australia wants to invite domestic and international students to take part in their rural regional areas that compose of many research projects. This way students will be able to work within a work-study program that is readily availble in mulitple towns, cities, and viliages across Australia.
Students will be able to undertake a higher-quality education which will result in Ph.D. level degrees. Students who are considered college freshmen can apply but they must insist that they intend to study for 4-years.
- All potential applicants must be enrolled as a full-time active student. Part-time students will not be able to receive this award.
- As a full-time student this means the student would need to be physically present in the campus as well. This is not for students who wish to earn an onine degree.
- This is a governmenet funded scholarship.
- Students from New Zealand and Australia can apply.
- Any student how holds authorization in new Zealand or Australia via permit or passport can apply for this scholarship as well.
- Any student with an international student visa can apply too.
- Both female and male students can apply.
- Students will need to be enrolled at university to be considered eligible for this scholarship.
- Any applicant will need to provide proof from grades and trasncripts that they are in fact a 4.0 grade point average academic student.
First and foremost this scholarship is to encourage students to pick a regional study course in Australia. This means students will need a student visa or already have obtained one beforehand. Then following that, students shoudl understand that this Destination Australia is meant for students to study within the more rural parts of the country. This way, students will be able to intergrate into a community and work alongside others within that community for the greater good of Australia.
The universities who accept the Destination Australia scholarsihp are:
- La Trobe University (Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Mildura, Shepparton)
- Deakin University (Warrnambool)
- Federation University (Ballarat, Gippsland, Wimmera)
Essentially these 3 universities is not a complete list of institutions who utilize this scholarship, these are the 3 main campuses that conduct the most amount of research associated with the foundation.
All three are located in Australia. Both domestic and international students are permitted for this scholarship. There may be potential activity for students to travel to other rural Australian locations for work-study programs that are integrated with this scholarship. If that does happen, students can only be away from campus for a total 6-month period.
How to Apply
The only ways to apply for the Destination Australia scholarship is through the Australian universities listed above.
Applicants must be in one of these study fields to be considered eligible:
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science
- Bachelor of Agriculture
- Bachelor of Business Studies
- Bachelor of Communication
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood and Primary)
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science
- Bachelor of Podiatric Medicine
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Nursing
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Animal Science
Reward – Extra Benefits
The total reward is that of $15,000 which goes towards tuition and any other fees that may come up. This will also cover room and board which depends on which university the student is attending.
To continue to receive this reward students will have to maintain a yearly residency within the borders of Australia. If a student decides to transfer out of the country to a different college, then they will lose the award. The student would be deemed ineligible.
A few of the places that students will be able to have the opportunity to live in are:
- Swan Hill
Just to name a few places, many more are available.
The deadline for this scholarship is July 7, 2022. That deadline is fast approaching and students should act fairly quickly to submit their application form.
All applicants that are interested in the Destination Australia scholarship should click on the direct website link to check out further information. Students may have to provide addiontal paperwork if they are an international student. Because of this it is best that the actual Destination Australia website is consulted first and then proceed to go through the ‘Facts and Answers’ section to see if any additional questions have in fact, been answered.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame is from February 2022 to July 7, 2022. This is a decent time frame where students can proof and edit their scholarship form to ensure that only correct answers have been provided. If a student has provided non-correct answers their application form will be dismissed.
This is an annual scholarship that occurs once a year. Students can apply through the appropriate deadline window and through the education providers that work solely to ensure this scholarship is used correctly.
All potential applicants that may have questions should use the contact section to ask further inquiries.
More than a 1,000 scholarships for this are available each year. Which means more than a 1,000 students are eligible to win this award.
This application can only be applied through the listed universities and a few non-listed universities. Technically there is no downloadedable PDF or WORD application form online. Students can not print out and send in their application through the post.