Sleepy Family is a family owned and run company that works to help others welcome a better night’s sleep. The company has been able to create a scholarship opportunity worth $1,500 USD for students that are attending or will be attending a United States college. This scholarship recognizes that students with disabilities do have to face more financial obstacles along with simply just trying to study their courses. The Sleep Family is putting forth $1,500 USD to one person who can utilize the amount so they can focus on their studies without the worry of financial strain.
The Sleep Family looks to help others to understand the issues of not sleeping well. Instead, the company does offer actionable steps as well as creating a deep analysis to help individuals find better sleep that will help restore there daily life.
- Candidates that are deemed eligible for this scholarship will need to provide a document verifying their disability.
- Applicants must be permanent residents, lawful residents or citizens of the United States.
- The student’s grade point average can be at a minimum of 2.5 when applying.
- Unfortunately students can not mail in their applications, all applications will need to be sent in electronically.
- Also students must be attending or planning to attend a 2-4 year college.
- Students must be 18 years or older.
- The student cannot have a academic disciplinary status.
For the award amount their is a section on the Sleep Family website that states that amount will need to go towards tuition or book costs to the specific field study that student has chosen to pursue.
If the chosen recipient has not responded in 7 days, then another individual will be picked to win this scholarship. This is only is the first recipient has not replied to the Sleep Family e-mail or accepted the scholarship.
How to Apply
Once the students have finished filling out their application they will need to send all of the needed documents plus the application to this e-mail: [email protected]
This is how students will apply:
- An essay will need to be provided and written by the student. A maximum of 750 words is the limit.
- Full name
- Name of current college of college they have been accepted into
- Current address or mailing address
- A short description of the individual’s disability
- Current phone number
- A copy of the student’s latest transcript
- As well as a verified document from a doctor naming the disability
- A video will need to be attached to introducing who you are.
- The student cannot be an employee of Sleep Family.
- Students that do ended up becoming the winner will need to understand that they comply with the IRS to qualify for the tax-free benefits of the Scholarship Award.
For any inquires, students can contact the e-mail provided in the contact section to ask if they have everything to submit of how to go about the obtaining a verified doctor’s letter.
Reward – Extra Benefits
A total reward of $1,500 USD will be gifted to the individual that shows they are eligible through the essay portion, grade point average, and filling out all of the correct information on the application.
The official deadline named for this scholarship is December 31, 2022. The original website states that the application should be sent in no later than December 31st. If this date changes students should check the Sleep Family website for more information.
No student visa is needed, this scholarship is for United States citizens to apply. However, this could change in the future, so students should keep up-to-date with the original Sleep Family website, the Sleep Family website link is located at the bottom of this page. The way this would change in the future is if international students are deemed eligible.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window beings in March 2023. The awardee will be announced on January 15, 2024. This is the date the student will be contacted about them becoming a recipient of this scholarship award.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options
This is currently an annual scholarship award. This scholarship is a one-time awarded opportunity to students. This scholarship can not be renewed at this time. This could change however, students should check back to the website to see if any changes or delays have taken place.
All applicants should consult the contact webpage that is in the contact section of this page if a question has not been answered. Beforehand check the university’s FAQs page to see if anything can be answered right away.
Anyone can sign up to receive a university website newsletter to stay updated on the latest information.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays for this opportunity or any cancellations.