The French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs were the first to establish this prestigious scholarship. The entire creation of this international scholarship was to attract and find the top international students who showed premiere skill and effectiveness within their studies.
It should be noted that this scholarship is only for Master’s and Ph.D. students only.
Since this scholarship development by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, this scholarship program makes it possible each year to train future students.
This scholarship only cover 7 fields of study where a student can master the fine education of receiving a Master’s or Ph.D. degree.
- International students only, French students will not be accepted.
- For master’s level, candidates must be 25 years old or less at the time of the 2022 application campaign, that is, they must have been born after 31 March 1996.
- PhD level, candidates must be at most 30 years old during the application 2022; that is, they must have been born after 31 March 1991.
- Eiffel Program scholarships are intended for students seeking to enroll in a master’s-level program in France (including at a school of engineering) and for doctoral candidates.
- Only programs recognized by the French government are eligible.
- Applications nominating students who, at the time of application, have already been awarded another French government scholarship will not be accepted.
- It should be noted that this awarded amount is only meant for a monthly allowance for the student. Fees and tuition will not be covered by this scholarship or by the government.
This program of excellence is only meant for students who show exemplified skills.
Any student who wishes to apply must be enrolled in the Eiffel program to be considered and nominated.
The field studies that are chosen to be part of this scholarship:
- Biology and Health
- Ecological transition
- Engineering science
- Economy Management
- Political Science
- French History
- French Language
How to Apply
Applications are NOT accepted from students directly. Applications for EIFFEL scholarships are submitted by French Higher Education Institutions.
Instead students must complete and reach the requirements of that stated by the French Higher Education Institution. The tuition and fees are not covered by this scholarship.
The applicants who are chosen to win this award will receive a 12-month per month allowance that averages around 1,200 euros. For a complete 12-month span this means students will receive allowance worth about 15,000 euros for their stay in France.
The open application window is going on until the deadline date of January 7, 2022.
The full view of what this scholarships timeline from open submission, deadline, to announcements is listed below:
- Opening of the call for applications: week of September 27, 2021.
- Deadline for the reception of applications by Campus France: January 7th 2022.
- Publication of results: week of 4 April, 2022.
This is an annual scholarships that occurs each semester when the institution is looking for more students to join their accredited universities. Just check on their website to see if any changes have been made, and the website is primarily in French, so translation will be needed.