This scholarship is being gifted from the University of Montreal in Quebec, Canada. This scholarship was designed to help international students pay the excess fees that may pop up when they decide to pick the University of Montreal as their career college.
This scholarship is divided up between undergraduate, graduate master’s programs, and graduate Ph.D. programs. And with each tier students (depending on where they are located in their undergraduate or graduate studies) can expect a yearly amount gifted to their college bank account. In this case, we will focus on undergraduate Level A rewards.
Available academic programs at the University of Montreal include:
- Environmental planning and design
- Music, cinema studies, art history
Creation, composition, performance
- Writing, public relations, communications and politics, translation, journalism
- International law, business law, taxation law, notarial law and North American common law
- Preschool, elementary, secondary and college education, education administration
- Political science, international studies and economics
- Health and social services administration, philanthropic management, industrial relations
- Literature, linguistics and a host of other topics relating to languages and cultures
- Biology, chemistry, demographics, geography, landscape architecture, urban planning and public health
- Criminology, psychoeducation, psychology, industrial relations and social work
- Anthropology, demographics, social work, sociology
- Biology, chemistry, computer science, mathematics, physics
- Religious studies and sciences, theology
This is not a complete list of academic programs available.
- Applicants that hold study permits in Canada are allowed to apply
- Students must be enrolled as a full-time individual at the University of Montreal
- Students cannot be holding another scholarship option, this scholarship cannot be paired with other scholarship opportunities
- For international students only
- This scholarship can only be used as long as the student attends in-person classes
- A single subject field is not necessary picked based on main priority, which means that all subject fields are eligible for this scholarship
This scholarship is solely awarded to individuals who are taking a program that averages out to tuition costs of $25,000+ each academic year. If the student’s tuition falls below $25,000 they are not deemed legally eligible for this scholarship option.
How to Apply
The only way to apply for this scholarship is to become a student before the Fall semester. This is the only real way to succeed in receiving this scholarship opportunity. If a student decides to start their semester in the Spring, then they are automatically not qualified for this option.
This means students who want this scholarship need to already be enrolled at the University of Montreal or send in an admissions application quickly. Because the deadline date for this scholarship is the same as the admissions deadline date.
Rewards – Extra Benefits
The level A rewards that an undergraduate can expect to receive is just over $12,900 per academic year. This amount is calculated based on the college credits that should be accumulated in that academic year, which is 30 collage credits.
With a Level A that is only accumulating 15 college credits, they can expect to receive $6,475 per session.
Deadline Time Line
For students that are taking undergraduate and graduate classes the deadline date to send in an admissions application to become a student of the university is September 1, 2023. Now to be considered for this scholarship, students will have to be enrolled in 2023 to be considered for the 2023 scholarship option.
That means the deadline for 2022 is September 1st. Which is right around the corner. So students do have a few days left to apply for admissions which means that they would be set for the Fall 2023 selection process for this scholarship.
Open Submissions Window Time Frame
Open submission window is currently starting to close, since September 1, 2022 is around the corner this means students may want to wait for the 2023 year to apply for admissions to the University of Montreal. And if this is the case, it just means that they will have to wait until 2024 in the Fall to see if they are chosen to receive this scholarship opportunity.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options
This is an annual scholarship that can be renewed for a second year in a row. However, student have to make sure their grade point average stays above he regulated requirements. If a students grades happen to drop below what is allowed, then the student can lose their scholarship. In this case, when a student successfully receives all of the necessary college credits they will simply climb up the scholarship tier each year.
Here at Pick a Scholarship we offer a full range scholarship database for all students looking for varying degree levels. While we provide exact information for each scholarship application and when the deadlines/open submission windows are held. We offer a contact section on each post where the admissions of the university or the director of a private sponsor can be reached to give more information or details.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to be reviewed or changed before submitting their application.