To celebrate the anniversary of the signing of the Magna Carta, the law firm of Whittel & Melton is making a scholarship donation in the amount of $1,215. In 1215, in England, the infamous Magna Carta was signed as a measure to make peace between an unpopular King and a group of barons. This occurred as a result of negotiations. The charter made several guarantees, including the defense of church privileges, the prevention of unlawful detention for barons, the provision of prompt justice, and the reduction of feudal obligations to provide payments to the Crown. The Magna Carta is still considered an important document many centuries after it was first written. This is due to the fact that it represents the idea that in a civilized society, no man or woman is exempt from the rule of law. This includes the King and Queen of England. Despite the fact that its content has been watered down over the years, the Magna Carta is still considered an important document.
The Magna Carta did not specifically establish the right to a jury trial; however, the clause in the document that refers to “the lawful judgment of his peers” is frequently cited as an essential right when it comes to issues concerning the loss of liberty (such as arrest, imprisonment, or execution), as well as fundamental issues regarding due process. It remains significant in our lives because it is the basis of the founding principles of our democracy and legal system and because it influenced the enlightenment of early American colonists during the formation of the United States Constitution, which eventually became the supreme law of the land in the new republic of the United States of America.
About the Scholarship Provider:
Whittel & Melton is a Florida law firm that helps people with cases involving personal injury, wrongful death, criminal defense, and employment law. Our Florida legal team boasts a Board Certified Specialist from the Florida Bar, as well as a former Assistant Attorney General, retired military, and former prosecutors and defense attorneys from the state of Florida. Our company was founded by candidates for local and statewide offices. We are dedicated to going above and beyond for our clients in Spring Hill, Brooksville, New Port Richey, Inverness, The Villages, Ocala, Gainesville, and anywhere else in Florida where they may need a personal injury attorney, criminal defense lawyer, or champion for their rights on the job. If you need assistance navigating the Florida justice system, our lawyers and staff are here for you around the clock.
Whittel & Melton has built its reputation and continued to thrive thanks to the diligent efforts of its highly skilled and client-focused legal professionals. Our lawyers have been recognized by their peers as outstanding litigators in prestigious magazines like Best Lawyers and Best Law Firms in America and Super Lawyers and Florida Trend’s Legal Elite attorney rankings. Martindale-Hubbell has awarded its highest possible rating of “AV” to the firm’s lawyers. In the highly selective Multi-Million and Million Dollar Advocates Forums, Partner Jason Melton has been inducted as a Life Member.
At Whittel & Melton, we stand shoulder to shoulder with our clients against corporate giants and powerful government agencies. For example, our injured clients, victims of car accidents, motorcycle and truck crashes are often pitted against billion dollar insurance companies who think they are above the law and force our clients to fight for damages that they are clearly entitled to under their policies. We fight for due process for clients accused in criminal court to stand trial against the government, state and law enforcement with their vast resources, holding them accountable to the U.S. Constitution that protects our civil liberties. Everyone at Whittel & Melton is proud of our history of accomplishment and stellar reputation. We are committed to establishing and nurturing lasting connections within the neighborhoods where we work. If you need help with a criminal case or an employment problem in Hernando County, call us at 866-608-5529 or fill out our online form.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Whittel & Melton Magna
Scholarship Country: United States of America
Scholarship Worth: $1,215
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- The Whittel & Melton Magna Carta College Scholarship 2022 provides one student with an annual award of up to $1,215 to be used toward the pursuit of their academic goals.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
The application process for the Whittel & Melton Magna Carta Scholarship is straightforward and uncomplicated.
- The applicants will be evaluated based on how well they are able to respond to one of the questions that are listed below in a manner that is both clear and succinct.
- The essay should not be longer than 750 words and no more than seven (7) paragraphs.
- Applicants are required to submit their applications to MagnaCarta@theFLlawfirm.com through email.
- Applicants that are qualified will be those who are currently enrolled at a college or university that has been granted accreditation.
- Additionally, the candidate is required to be enrolled in an accredited institution or university for the subsequent academic semester.
- The application process is open to graduate students.
The Whittel & Melton Magna Carta College Scholarship 2022 is open to all International Students
The Frank Ferguson Fellowship is an initiative of the Engineering Institution of Zambia and the Irish Government to support Zambian students who wish to pursue a Master of Science in Engineering in Ireland during the academic year 2023-2024.
In order to be considered for the Whittel & Melton Magna Carta College Scholarship 2022, the following is an overview of the application requirements that need to be followed.
- Your e-mail to MagnaCarta@theFLlawfirm.com should unmistakably convey the following information:
- Your complete given name
- College or University by Its Full Name
- Mailing address
- The number to call
- Choose your field of study or specialization.
- Dream Job when out of school
The following topics should be discussed in your essay:
- How has the Magna Carta shaped your daily life on campus?
- What is the Rule of Law and why is it important in our daily lives?
- How has a jury trial has made an impact on you or someone you know?
- Does a criminal justice system that revolves around plea-bargaining embrace our forefathers’ vision of a right to a jury trial by a group of his or her peers?
- The Magna Carta is credited with the first mention of “no taxation without representation.” How does this notion apply to contemporary society?
The application deadline for the Whittel & Melton Magna Carta College Scholarship is December 15th, 2022.