The University of Alberta offers a scholarship for secondary students in Canada who will be enrolling in a STEM program for the academic year of 2023-2024. The Schulich Leader Scholarship will be awarded to the students who can demonstrate their motivation to fulfill their education and future career which will be in line with the field of Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics.
The University of Alberta is one of the best choices for leaders which also offers a research-based environment in which every student can strive towards their education and be challenged to fulfill their goals and obtain their leadership skills.
About the Schulich Leader Scholarship
A Schulich Leader is a student who has been chosen by one of the university’s 20 accomplice colleges to get $120,000 or $100,000 to seek a college degree in STEM. Notwithstanding this enormous monetary honor, they join a first-class organization and advantage of the student’s improvement opportunities consistently.
Over the past decades, the Schulich Foundation funded over a thousand of Schulich Leaders to the exceptional students pursuing their undergraduate degree in STEM. The scholarship is launched in 2012, this $100+ million scholarship gives up to 100 undergrad scholarships every year, across top Canadian colleges. The most encouraging student can further their goals and become of one pioneer in STEM fields.
Seymour Schulich a founding philanthropist firmly believes in supporting the younger generation’s exceptional leadership skills and how they embrace the STEM fields. Annually 100 scholarships are awarded across 20 partner colleges, institutions, and universities.
Scholarship Provider: University of Alberta
About the Provider
The University of Alberta is one of the top five universities in Canada and ranks 110 all over the world. Their opportunities for undergraduate degree students are renowned and students can find the best field suited to them and to their choices.
Home to the second-biggest research library in Canada. The university advances in its facilities, funding resources, and leading experts and mentors. Students can participate in groundbreaking research that can develop more skills and knowledge which advance their research skills and projects.
The University of Alberta is second in Canada for graduate work and it’s no big surprise with such countless chances to test the student’s insight and set it up as a regular practice. There are many ways that will help the students develop their skills, drive to their careers and explore their interests. Work Integrated Learning in Alberta incorporates different kinds of experiential schooling that join your academic examinations with applicable work insight. These valuable opportunities give the students the capacity to rehearse the abilities they master in class in a true setting.
The University of Alberta is home to a cordial local area of more than 8,000 worldwide students, including many very much like you who have finished their secondary school in Canada. Altogether, more than 43,000 Canadian and global students.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: Canadian or Permanent Resident
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Field: Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: Over four years
- Scholarship Country: Canada
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Scholarship Awards: $120, 000
Before proceeding with the application, the students must meet the university’s eligibility criteria for the scholarship.
- The applicants must be Canadian or permanent residents of Canada.
- Must be a graduating student at the high school level.
- Be assigned by your secondary school or CEGEP.
- Can demonstrate their academic excellence, leadership skills, creativity and charisma, and innovativeness.
- The applicants must have an entrepreneurial mindset and intend to pursue their higher education in at least one of the central areas of technology, engineering, science, mathematics, or business enterprise.
- A consideration will be given to the students with financial needs.
- The applicants must not be pursuing a physician or medical researcher including a nurse, psychologist, doctor, pharmacist, dentist, optometrist, and so on.
- The students who also focus on activities such as political and societal, environment are not eligible for the awards.
- Applicants must not intend to conduct theoretical research and professor.
- The eligible candidates must be nominated by their high school counselor by January 31, 2023.
- The nomination form must be complete and be able to submit by the student’s high school counselor. Keep in mind that only one student can be nominated per high school.
- The application for the Schulich competition will be on February 21, 2023.
- All public and private schools in Canada can apply for the award.
- The university will review the application and will be selecting the scholarship recipients.
- All applications must be submitted online. The nomination form can be requested by the high school counselor or sent an email request at [email protected]
Application Information Requirements
The Schulich Leader Nominee will be requesting the following
- Name and contact information of the secondary school counselor.
- Name and contact information of the nominee.
- After the verification at the Schulich Leader Office and the nominee has been verified the students will be linked to the scholarship application.
The scholarship application will include the following:
- Two referees’ contact information, keep in mind that the referees will be receiving an email for the online reference request form.
- Applicant’s top three achievements must be outlined in a maximum of 50 words per achievement.
- In 600 words, an essay that demonstrates why they should receive the scholarship.
Direct pool applications will not be accepted by the provider. The applicants must follow the application guidelines.
The scholarship value will depend on the student’s program:
- $120,000 for the students in Engineering Program.
- $100,000 for the students in Science, Technology, or Math
The awards wil be up to four years. Successful applicants will be notified by the university.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until February 21, 2023.