The Harilela Scholarship for the academic year of 2022-2023 is to encourage the Chinese and Hong Kong nationals to further their undergraduate degree in Business and Management course at King’s College University in the United Kingdom.
The scholarship is one of the prestigious scholarships offered for the academic year of 2022-2023, as the international student population grows, the university aims to provide more scholarships to support the educational journey of each student and be more focused on their studies and enhance more knowledge and skills to be prepared for their future career and personal growth.
The scholarship was established by Aron Harilela, one of the generous friends and donors of King’s College London. The scholarship aims to support the students in Hong Kong or in China to pursue their undergraduate degree in the United Kingdom at King’s College London for three years with the help of the scholarship at the Department of Business Management.
Eligible courses for the Scholarships are:
- Business Management
- Economics and Management
- International Mangement
- The course was designed to open the student’s minds in many areas. From psychology and sociology to law and finance, the students will explore a variety of disciplines to help them understand all aspects of business management.
- Research plays an important role in the way you learn at King’s. And it will help you develop basic skills for analyzing and understanding the latest global business management strategies.
- In this project, you will have the opportunity to apply to study abroad with the support of the Department of Foreign Instructors and the King’s Global Mobility Office. Working with partner organizations around the world, you will be encouraged to explore your international education, develop skills and knowledge, and learn to use a variety of perspectives within yourself.
- In this course, you will spend your third year full-time in a company, or a year in an internship. The university’s international training team will support you throughout the program with tips and activities to help you find options, focus on your research, and take steps to complete registration properly.
Scholarship Provider: Kings College London
About the Provider
King’s College London is a world-renowned university providing academic and research services worldwide. The University is committed to creating positive change and community value and recognizes the vision of creating a better community for the community and the world. King’s College London is one of the top ten colleges in the UK. It was created in collaboration with George IV, Arthur Wellesley, and one of Wellington’s great craftsmen. As the oldest UK school, it offers discounts for international education and research.
King’s education is improving. For nearly 200 years, King’s College has been a leader in science education, teaching students to be positive thinkers who can lead and change the world. King graduated not only in knowledge but also in intelligence, attitude, good execution, and whole heart to be able to contribute to the community and to the international student’s home country.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: Hong Kong and China
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Field: Business Management
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: Three Years
- Scholarship Amount: £120,000
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
The applicants must meet the eligibility for the scholarship
- Must be a citizen of Hong Kong or China
- Undertaking the eligible courses for the scholarship
- Must be able to be admitted to a full-time undergraduate degree at Kings College for the academic year of 2022-2023.
- Must be able to demonstrate their financial hardship
Applicants’ level of English must be demonstrated according to the program for which they are applying. The level of English required for each subject was presented in a five-band system, with each band corresponding to the level of English proficiency.
it is important that the students can effectively communicate in English to do good academic excellence and to better understand the courses or programs at the university.
To be able to complete the application, students must download the application form provided by the university. The application form will consist of the information about the applicants and a personal statement must be provided that explains their financial hardship and must be able to submit evidence of financial hardship that becomes the barrier to furthering their higher education.
The university is searching for applicants with a passion for academics such as reading, interviewing, and theological interests. Participation is required, but the realization of these interests can be guaranteed. We are looking for candidates who generally seek a passion for their studies, but who are particularly attracted to the integration of King’s Business Management program, which covers many aspects of business management and related skills.
Once the application has been submitted, the panel will evaluate the student’s application form including the evidence of their financial hardship which is one of the most important documents for the application. The scholarship will not only be based on the student’s nationalities but also on their financial circumstances and their willingness to further their education.
- The Scholarship value is amounting to £120,000. The said amount will be divided into three years for the student’s tuition fee, £40,000 annually.
- The scholarship amount is intended to cover the student’s tuition fee, a residual funds will be available as the student’s bursary.
- The successful students must be able to provide a year-end report for their education and a letter of thanks to the donor of the scholarship as part of the student’s role as one of the scholars of the university.
- Must be able to read and agree to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship to be able to maintain the award.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until August 1, 2022. Late and incomplete applications will be automatically rejected. Keep in mind that the completed application form must be returned to the Students Funding Office to be able to be evaluated.