For 2022-2023 academic year, the Professor Mike Walker OBE Masters Scholarship for International Students in the UK accepts applications for the students who will be commencing their masters degree at the Royal Holloway University of London. The university accepts the applicants who can demonstrate their academic excellence and a motivated students who aims to pursue their career goals and ambitions.
Professor Mike Walker OBE Masters Scholarship for International Students
Created in memory of Professor Mike Walker OBE, the scholarship is available to full-time or part-time students with domestic or international fee status studying one of the courses listed below in the School of Engineering, Mathematics and Physics.
The scho larhsip is awarded as a tuition fee reduction for a total of £12,000, if tuition is less than £12,000, the scholarship will only cover the value of the tuition fee.
The scholarship aims to provide financial support to help the successful students lessen their financial burdens and cover or reduce their tuition fee while studying at the Royal Holloway Univeristy of London.
Professor Mike Walker OBE
Founded in 1849, Royal Holloway, University of London as Bedford College and merged with Bedford College and Royal Holloway College in 1985. It is the UK’s 29th largest public research university. It covers a wide range of academic degrees, including individual and joint awards.
During your studies in London, you will have the opportunity to meet many professionals from the degree program and field of your choice. The university is home to some of the gloabal’s leading authorities in the field of arts, science, managements, law and economics. They are constantly investing in resources for the students and promoting the positive impact that the university can have as a research-intensive university.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicants Nationality: Local and International
- Degree Level: Masters
- Field: Information Security, Computer Science and Mathematics
- Scholarhsip Awards: £12,000
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Duration: 2 years
- Number of Awards: NA
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Interested applicants must meet the eligibility criteria of the scholarship to be able to continue towards their application.
- The students must have achieve a minimum of 2.1 honor degree or equivalent.
- Must be able to demonstrate their degree without the support of the scholarship
- Must be able to be admitted at the Royal Holloway University of London for a postgraduate degree.
The students will not be awarded more than one Royal Holloway Scholarship, except as expressly provided in the Terms and Conditions. The scholar may only receive a Royal Holloway scholarship in conjunction with an external award if the combined value of the two awards does not exceed the recipient’s tuition fees. This clause only applies to scholarships offered as a tuition fee reduction and is not related to monetary compensation. EU students who receive automatic EU fee reduction grants are also eligible for additional scholarships.
Required Courses for the Scholarship
The interested applicants must be holding an unconditional or conditional offer to study in the following masters degree program:
- Mathematics of Cryptography and Communications
- Information Security
- Mathematics for Applications
- Information Security with a Year in Industry
- Data Science and Analytics
- Computer Science by Research
- Computational Finance
- Artificial Intelligence
The scholarship application can be made through a p[provided online portal by the University of Royal Holloway University of London. The applicants are encourage to read the guidelines carefully and must be able to submit the following documents to support the application process.
You must be able to provide the following:
- Academic Merits
- Recomendation letters
- English Language Proficiency
- Official transcript of records
- Degree or Certificates
Added personal statements must be included along with the application form, the statement must outline the following in no more than 400 words, keep in mind that the statements that will be exceeded of no more than 400 words will not be considered and will be rejected for reviews.
- Include your academic achievements and other curricular activities that you are most proud of and why that achievements matter to you?
- explain why you choose the program degree you are applying?
- What is your future aspirations and how will the scholarship helps you achieve it and are you be able to contribute at the community?
- In your financial situation what will be the impact of the scholarship awards to you education?
- Are there any special person or family members that become an hindrance for you to achieve the financial support for your studies?
The scholarship committee will be reviewing the submitted personal statements and it will be judge on how it was convincingly and effectively respond on the questions above.
Applicants are selected on the basis of academic merit and the scholarship declaration. Current undergraduate degree grades are uploaded along with the scholarship declaration. Applicants must be able to prove that they would not be able to complete their education without the financial support of the scholarship.
When awarding candidates for a two-year full-time master’s program, no co-payment or tuition fee waiver is offered in the second year of the two-year master’s program.
The student who already receives a full fee reduction under this award is not eligible for a tuition reduction, including alumni deduction with respect to this scholarship.