International Science Foundation or IFS for short, was founded in 1972 as a non-governmental organization in Sweden, where its Secretariat is located in Stockholm. Its establishment was Initiated after the 1965 Nobel Prize-winning Pugwash Conference in Venice1, in order to foster original Research and Scientific growth within Low- and Lower -Middle Income Countries (LLMICs).
With the core and ultimate values being transparency, trust, empowerment, and mutual respect that has become such a renowned organization that most of the world looks to them each year to see what bright minds come forth each new year.
- Must be a young scientist who is either an Individual early-career researcher in eligible countries who may apply for research grants to undertake research projects on any aspects of the sustainable management of biological, water, and energy resources, or a researcher who is working on the developmental challenges that are currently facing humanity.
- There will be an increasing requirement for scientists to work with each other, as well as with other professions and specialists. Teamwork is essential.
- All applicants must show how they are contributing towards an innovative approach.
- Must be (for men) younger than 35 years of age, and (for women) younger than 40 years of age. The eligibility can change if a birthday is before June.
- Researchers may apply if they are already IFS grantees.
- This can be a renewable award regardless of gender or age.
- The only countries not eligible to apply are the Soviet Union, India, China, South Africa, Indonesia, and Brazil. The other countries are eligible to apply.
- This is primarily for North African Scientists.
- All applicants must conduct original research.
- Must have a doctorate degree and must be a scientist.
- Must be part of a professional team who looks to work within the selected field towards an innovative approach.
- Must have a project already lined up that needs funding.
- The IFS Mission is to secure resources and draw on its extensive global network of reviewers, scientific advisors, alumni and Secretariat to enhance the capacity of promising early career women and men scientists all to acquire the proper skills necessary to build a career.
- All individuals will be asked to communicate their results to the public at large, including scientists, politicians and policy makers, donors and private interest groups.
- All individuals will be asked to network and collaborate with the global research community to shape research agendas, both local and global.
How to Apply
The only way to apply is to become a member or start a membership with the organization. Afterwards, scientists can go on and start an application via online to secure a team spot to further explore their experiment and progressive research.
All applicants must have a successful research portfolio showing prior work.
The reward is a $12,000 grant funding opportunity to change the world.
There is no official full deadline other than the 4 semesters Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter. Check back with the website often to discover if an open submission window is happening that season or not.
This is an annual scholarship program that lasts throughout the year.