DAAD is offering scholarships to candidates from Cambodia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Myanmar, and Vietnam (CLV) countries to pursue a Master’s degree at AIT Asian Institute of Technology in Thailand. AIT’s mission is to develop highly qualified and committed professionals who play leadership roles in the sustainable development of the region and its integration into the global economy.
The Asian Institute of Technology, on the other hand, is an international graduate institute founded in 1959 and is Asia’s pioneering institution established to help meet the region’s growing needs for advanced learning in engineering, science, ease and management, research. and capacity building. AIT’s mission is to develop highly qualified and committed professionals who will play a leadership role in the sustainable development of the region and its integration into the global economy. AIT is based in Thailand and has affiliated centers in the region.
AIT is an international institute and English is the only language of instruction. Therefore, all applicants must demonstrate the ability to write acceptable technical and academic prose in English. Applicants who do not meet the minimum AIT admission requirements (equivalent to an IELTS score of 6.0) may be admitted with conditions
Level/field of study:
Scholarships are available to pursue a Master’s Degree in the following fields of study offered at AIT:
School of Engineering and Technology (SET) –
- Transportation Engineering (TRE)
• Water Engineering and Management (WEM)
School of Environment, Resources, and Development (SERD),
- Agricultural systems and engineering
• Aquaculture and aquatic resources management
• Environmental engineering and management
• Food engineering and bioprocess technology
• Gender and development studies
• Natural resource management
• Regional and rural development planning
• Urban environmental management
- Cleaner production
• Integrated management of tropical coastal zones
• Integrated watershed development and management
• Modeling tools in environmental management and resources
• Disaster preparedness, mitigation, and management
The scholarship is organized by the Asian Institute of Technology AIT in Thailand.
The scholarship is available to the nationals of Cambodia, the Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Myanmar, and Vietnam.
Each scholarship award covers tuition and other academic fees, and living allowances for a 22-month program. The scholarship value is EUR 24,837 (~THB 937,800) per fellow, divided into EUR 12,723 (almost THB 480,400) for the first year of studies (12 months); renewable for the second year depending on satisfactory academic performance at 12,114 EURO (almost THB 457,400) for the second and last year (10 months).
The number of offers is not specified.
The following criteria must be met for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Be a bonafide citizen of Cambodia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Myanmar, or Vietnam.
- Applicants must not be over 28 years of age when applying.
- They are required to earn a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.00 / 4.00 (or equivalent).
- Also, a TOEFL of at least 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) or IELTS of at least 6.0 is required. DAAD does not accept institutional TOEFL reports.
- Prospective applicants will apply directly to AIT.
- In addition to the AIT application packet, the applicant must submit a CV (typewritten max 2 pages) and a study motivation letter from the teacher.
Application forms can be downloaded from the AIT Admissions Website. The completed application forms, with supporting documents, should be sent to the Admissions and Scholarship Unit.
Deadline for application:
The deadline for applying for scholarships is March 31, in each academic session. Currently, this scholarship is not available but we will keep you posted on the new date