The University of Melbourne invites all outstanding international students to participate in the Graduate Research Scholarship for the academic year of 2022-2023. International students who are interested to further their education at one of the top universities in Australia can now start their application and be one of the scholars to receive a fully-funded award amounting to a total value of $110,000.
Graduate Research Scholarship
The Graduate Research Scholarship is intended for international students who can demonstrate their academic excellence and who will undertake their graduate program at the University of Melbourne.
The high achieving students will be awarded towards their tuition fees, living allowance, travel expenses, and other academic-related fees. The students who are interested to apply for the scholarship must be able to meet the qualification of the scholarship.
Scholarship provider: University of Melbourne
About the Provider
The University of Melbourne want to make a positive impact all over the globe, so to help the graduate students on achieving their personal and career development, the university makes sure that all the students will be thought a high-quality education to develop their skills and knowledge and well-rounded professionals in the future.
Their offered research for the graduate students is to help solve the economic, social, and environmental issues that every nation has been facing. The university is committed to connecting in the community and all around the world, the connection which enriches the research, learning, and teaching developments.
The university has achieved its history of achievements, through its strategies that support all the best researches that can provide an exceptional experience to the students and be able to assist the partnership worldwide.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Nationality: Local and International
- Degree level: Graduate and PhD
- Field: Any eligible field offered by the university
- Duration: Up to two years for the graduate students and 3.5 years opportunity for the Ph.D. degree students
- Scholarship Awards: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: 600
- Scholarship Country: Australia
To be eligible for the scholarship program, the students must meet the following:
- The students must have applied to a Master’s or Ph.D. degree program at the University of Melbourne.
- Meet the entry requirements of the university.
- Currently enrolled in a graduate research program at the university.
- Have good communication skills in oral and written English.
- Good academic merit
Scholarship Selection Criteria
The scholarship committee wil be reviewing the student’s eligibility criteria and will be proceeding with the selection process. To understands every criterion to evaluate, students may check the following:
- All local students offered admission to a Research Master’s or Ph.D. degree from the University of Melbourne will be awarded a scholarship for a research study program (fee reimbursed).
- Research Postgraduate Scholarships, which provide scholarships as well as reimbursement of fees, are awarded to both domestic and international students on the basis of academic merit.
- Eligible applicants will be evaluated and ranked based on their academic achievement at the level and their research potential in their field of study.
- Factors such as a degree at the same level as the research program seeking a scholarship, relevant work experience, peer-reviewed publications, medical-specific qualifications, or original musical composition may be considered.
- If you have applied as a freshman to a master’s research program by the application deadline, you will be automatically awarded a master’s research grant. You will be notified within ten business days of submitting your course application that the scholarship application has been added to your file.
- If you have received a research master’s degree proposal and have delayed the start of consideration for a scholarship, you must submit the online application form by October 31st of 2022 to be considered for next year’s scholarship. You will be notified within ten business days of submitting the online form that the scholarship application has been added to your file.
- If you are currently enrolled in a Master’s program in which you are seeking a scholarship, you must submit the online application form by October 31, 2022, to be considered for next year’s scholarship. You will be notified within ten business days of submitting the online form that the scholarship application has been added to your file.
The students must read and agreed to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship.
- The scholarship must be maintained in a full-time enrollment of the chosen program at the University of Melbourne.
- If you are enrolled as a full-time student and have been accepted to enroll as a part-time student, your scholarship will be extended up to the number of part-time scholarships from the date of approval up to a maximum amount equivalent to the full scholarship. You must submit a tax return to the university and scholarship payments may be subject to the income tax. Your expense balance remains unaffected.
- If you are enrolled as a part-time student and registration as a full-time student has been approved, your scholarship will be extended on a regular weekday at the student rate from the time approval is given, up to the maximum full-time equivalent rate. the time of the scholarship. Your expense balance remains unaffected.
- The recipient of the awards does not have other scholarship awards aside from the Graduate Research Scholarships.
The University of Melbourne will be providing the following benefits:
- Full tuition fee in two years for the graduate students and full tuition fee coverage for the Ph.D. students for up to 3 to 4 years of study.
- $32,400 living allowance for up to two years for the graduate students and a maximum of 3.5 years for the Ph.D. students. The living allowance may be annually indexed and can include limited sick leave pay, parenting, and maternity leave.
- $2,000 relocation aid for the students who will be moving to Australia in VIctoria or $3,000 relocation aid for the students who will move outside Australia.
- Health insurance coverage will also be provided for the international students who will be needing a students visa in Australia.
The scholarship deadline for admission is until October 21, 2022, and will be offered annually by the University of Melbourne in Australia.