This scholarship gives students the option of the Royal Thimphu College, students will be able to look towards different progressive programs such as nursing, environmental management, business, science, sociology, developmental economics, English studies, anthropology, mass communication, sports, and health sciences.
Royal Thimpu College is located in Thimphu, Bhutan. This is Bhutan’s official first private college, now private colleges will cost more for international students than domestic students.
The campus has a beautiful location of around 25 acres. This college has many connections to other universities and higher education institutions around the world.
This scholarship was created for the WWF-Russell E. Train Education for Nature Program.
- This scholarship is only available at the time to Bhutanese students.
- This scholarship is only for individuals with a Bachelor of Science in Environmental Management (4-year) program.
- This scholarship is considered a competitive scholarship.
- There is no age limit or restriction here.
- This scholarship is based on student that has a great academic record.
Main requirements for this scholarship include:
- Science individuals with at least a 55% as a minimum in Math or Biology. For English this grade will be 50%.
- Typically a normal 65% as a minimum across many subjects at least 4 would be preferred.
- Commerce students with a minimum 55% in Mathematics/Business Mathematics and 50% in English.
- Arts students with 70% in Geography and 50% in English.
- Preference will be given to students from economically disadvantaged rural communities.
Above is the combination of grades that could be had if a student is currently taking these classes grouped together.
How to Apply
To apply for this scholarship, students will need to have:
- Merit certificates (directions are on the original webpage on the college website)
- Copy of CID/Route Permit
- Academic transcripts will be needed
- At least two recommendation letters are needed, either by a faculty member or professor
- Copy of the student’s family tree
- Letter from Gup (Detailing family status/land holdings/parent’s income status if possible)
- Tax certificate of guardian or parents
- Pay slip
- Applicants will need to apply online only. This scholarship cannot be printed out and sent to the college.
- The next form that needs to be filled out is the WWF-Train Legacy scholarship form online.
Reward – Extra Benefits
This scholarship completely covers 2 full tuition waivers and 2 full complete scholarship coverage.
This scholarship would allow two students to have their tuition waived. While another two students would be able to have their tuition coverage and their accommodation with travel expenses covered. There is possibility that the scholarship may offer allowance per month or every quarter.
Deadline Time Line
Online applications has been extended to May 23, 2023. This is sudden change students should check back with the original website often to ensure they do not miss a deadline date.
For the scholarship inquiry, students are asked to use the contact phone number below with the extension line. Since this means the number is an international number long distance rates may apply. With that in mind, students can use the contact info that is available on the college website where information is at the bottom of the webpage.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame follows the same time frame as the application processing window for admissions. That means that each student should look towards the actual deadline and open window date for when the university is accepting admissions applications for students to apply to study there.
Anytime before May 23, 2023. This gives students a few months to correctly fill out their admissions form to send to the university to possibly be accepted as a new student to the university.
If the student is an international student not from the country, then they will need to plan and inquire for a student visa before arriving. This is the best way to have a student visa as some countries do require students to have their student visa on them once they arrive at the student destination.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options
This is an annual scholarship that lasts for the given time frame or how long the research project needs to be conducted. This is not a renewable scholarship research option. There may be option to receive a higher funding percentage depending on the student financial or low income background and current state of living.
All applicants should consult the contact webpage that is in the contact section of this page if a question has not been answered. Beforehand check the university’s FAQs page to see if anything can be answered right away.
Anyone can sign up to receive a university website newsletter to stay updated on the latest information.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays for this opportunity or any cancellations.